1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

In fact metraon sistem was copied and upgraded by Yu Jing ( being the only tine in fluff when Pano gets surpassed in tech by a human country) and it's the base from EVO hacking without repeters.

As i remember from the book @Section9 when the kempeitai and Co attacked the imperial service critical points the day before the Uprising. Apart the banner armies aren't present in japanses territiory, only the JSA, the Imperial Service and the regular police ( mostly full of japanses?). I suspect Yu Jing didn't see a full Uprising of the whole JSA. On a normal situation the reaction against a suspicius dead of key ISS operatives + terrorist attacks should need from the police+army, but when both forces rebel in less of one day it is difficult to handle. Apart JSA in theory has his own chain of command + autonomous structure that can work on the Uprising mostly unoticed.

Anywat with one friend we are going to play some role misions with ISS against JSA, like a policial kanren operation that goes mad when insted of a partisant group the policial force face a hidden JSA comando working on the Uprising

#461 krossaks, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

What was the source on that out of curiosity?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. krossaks

Don't remember for sure, this afternoon after work at home i will look it, but i think it was campaing Paradiso or the Core Book when speaks about the Neocolonial Wars.

4. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

I think the passage you're referencing is exactly there, the core book section on the NeoColonial Wars, which does describe the Darao probes as a Yu Jing attempt to replicate and Improve on Metatron, resulting in a technology that "offered not only inter-system capabilities, but also the ability to locate and disrupt Metatron probes". Definitely matching the PanOceanian tech and advancing beyond to reach new capabilities.

krossaks, Kallas and xagroth like this.
  5. krossaks

Thats it ty :grimacing:

Ps: we win Pano, suck it

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

@AdmiralJCJF your thoughts on this? It appears communications should've been up.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

My source for Ariadna having FTL tech is a little more banal, on the scenery buildings that come with the USAriadna army box.

8. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

Ultimately it do not matter if the attacks of the Kempeitai and Tatenokai was simultaneous or not every attack happend in a area where the JSA is deployed and in every instance it is mentioned that the JSA is deployed to secure the area the same day.
    Remember the JSA is a fully equipped army that was allowed to function almost independet from the State Army with all that entails on the logistical side.
    In three of the seven areas there was no attacks as the ISS shared bases with the JSA meaning that they suddenly was surrounded by a alot of JSA pointing guns at them.

#468 berynius, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Hecaton

And somehow nobody was watching to see if they were going to revolt? Seems implausible.

xagroth likes this.
  10. Shiwen

At least, if they were a military force made up of an actually-oppressed minority.

The argument goes two ways there... either the ISS and Yu Jing generally need to be incompetent to allow an oppressed nation to have military forces operating outside political oversight to ensure their loyalty, or the Japanese population wasn't particularly hard done-by and thus there was no reason to be concerned about maintaining oversight.

xagroth, Aldo and Hecaton like this.
  11. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

@Hecaton we are never told (N2 forward) what plans the Party has for ensuring JSA loyalty, it is hinted that the party control the Japanese Emperor and by allowing the JSA to revive the Bushido code and pledge fealty to him they could control the JSA.
    Another thing we have no idea about the degree that Japanese where involved in the Yu Jing Intelligence apparatus, we know that they are there and that some of them are double agents (See Yuriko Oda)
    So the question of how probable / improbable it is is really just a matter of headcanon.

@Shiwen I do not understand are you saying that the JSA was not a real army prior to uprising?

@Section9 Sorry to hear about your book there are alot of nice tidbits in it, but as a guy that like military history I will leave you with this prediction. You will hunger for more information, because everything is so condensed. (e.g. they use about 50 words to describe what happens on the first day of the uprising per area)

Finally talking about the future of Yu Jing, on the fluff leve we will probably see Yu Jing getting more militaristic as the Army take on a greater importance as we try to get what was lost back. Also the uprising may have show Yu Jing that in order to counter PanO interference thay may have to more dirty so there will be an increase in covert ops.
    The current Emperor will maybe have a boating accident or something.

12. krossaks

Well the existence of JSA was more with making money than about fluff coherency ( and i don't find it a bad idea, JSA is what mde most players come into this game)

13. Shiwen

Its status (whatever the RL motive for profit might have been ^_^) as a real army is beyond dispute. I'm just saying that if you are oppressing a minority population then failing to maintain heavy controls when you give that population its own army is incompetence of an incredible degree, whereas if you justifiably left them without oversight then you could not have really been 'oppressing' the population granted the army, since you were trusting them with a bunch of guns and fully independent operational capability.

14. Hecaton

@berynius If Yu Jing managed to have their entire intelligence apparatus subverted that's another level of incompetence. If your assumption is "we were never told what plans the Party had for assuring loyalty" means the party had no such plans, then it beggars the imagination with respect to how collosally stupid Yu Jing is being portrayed.

xagroth, Kallas, Shiwen and 1 other person like this.
  15. Hecaton

Most? I think that's a vast overestimation.

chaos11 likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I think you'll find that the use of the words "attempt to replicate and improve" are significant here. And the implication is that the system is not as thoroughly deployed as Metatron, which has pretty major implications for its use as a communication system rather than infowar against specific targets.

I've never argued that Darao didn't exist, nor that it didn't enable some level of intersystem instant communication. My point has been that this, literally highest tech and most secret project of the hyperpowers, is still very limited in its usage. We are only assuming that it enables regular communication as well as infowar attacks, and while I grant that's a reasonable assumption it's certainly not being accessed by the entire military.

Anything with that kind of access wouldn't only be in the hands of the hyperpowers.

We're attacking the very existence of the JSA now? Right.

Given the history of ethnic, regional and cultural battalions, divisions, corps and even entire armies within imperial forces in our world this particular objection is hilarious.

Fyeya and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  17. Shiwen

We... aren't? What we are discussing is what the (never once questioned) existence of the Japanese Sectorial Army, and Yu Jing's demonstrable lack of oversight/monitoring over its activities, mean for the place of Japan in Yu Jing before Uprising, and the competence of the StateEmpire.

xagroth likes this.
  18. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yeah, you are.

You are claiming that the very existence of the JSA proves that Yu Jing are incompetent.

Given the history of ethnic, regional and cultural battalions, divisions, corps and even entire armies within imperial forces in our world this particular objection is hilarious.

Fyeya and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

Basic language lesson time.
    These two statements are not about the same thing.

Statement A was you talking about a supposed attack on whether the JSA exists.

Statement B does not do that. Unless you actually think that critiquing something as bad or inconsistent is the same as claiming it doesn't exist, which is... weird...

20. Shiwen

We aren't talking about vassal kings mobilizing their local levees as tribute to their suzerain here. We know, canonically, that the various national-ethnic groups of Yu Jing are granted their own military forces, so that local populations are protected by 'their own', I'm not sure where I've stated anywhere that this was somehow impossible or inherently proof of incompetence. That is part and parcel of the Yu Jing military system, its a little odd in context of modern military structures but it certainly does fit within the long history of cultural formations you're referencing.

But the matter of the JSA doesn't just stop there. The Japanese population are second class citizens, are supposedly treated harshly. Did that second-class status apply to wearing kimonos in public, but not affect Yu Jing's treatment of the local-culture military force? That seems... incompetent. Did Yu Jing's treatment of the JSA involve closer monitoring due to this lesser status? If so, they missed the rebellion, that's incompetent. Did they look at the Japanese military force, after imposing second-class status, and consider them in need of no tight monitoring because they were judged loyal? They weren't, apparently across the board, so that's incompetent.

BenMoss, Furiat, Hecaton and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation