1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam and Ariadna - Would Collecting both lead to significant overlap in general playstyle?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Keyrott, May 1, 2018.

1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

So I have pretty limited experience with both Haqq and Ariadna. Do you think that collecting both Haqqislam and Ariadna would lead to a lot of overlap in playstyles and listbuilding? I don't play competitive or tournaments too much, so I've only heard this second hand but it seems like if left unchecked order spam tends to dominate all armies in the competitive scene because that's what's most viable and efficient in an order-economy game like Infinity. Would a person playing Haqq and also Ariadna get enough differentiation to be worth it do you think? Ultimately I realize it comes down to the player in question, but more of a feeler to those more experienced with the armies

2. Contaminator

Contaminator Brigadier of Baguette Brigade

I think Ariadna and Haqq have some overlap for sure. But there are things Haqq can do that Ariadna cant and vice versa. Also CB has done a good job making each faction feel unique so while you can adopt similar strategies for nearly every army, the effectiveness and the execution can vary quite a bit. I think you will be hard pressed to take Ariadna and Haqq and build functionaly identical lists.

Thats only my opinion though :shrug:

Keyrott and Balewolf like this.
  3. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I've played a lot of Ariadna, and played against Haqq a fair bit. They have some similarities here and there, but quite a bit of differences. I don't think it would be too much of an overlap if you particularly like the aesthetic of both of them.

Keyrott likes this.
  4. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ariadna was my first army and Haq my second. I would say they differ. Both armies can bring loads of orders. Both look great in a camo scheme. But Haq will bring more Tech, while Ariadna can bring more camo. And there are some really unique Haq tricks like impersonation and holo projection. While Ariadna has dog Warriors and Antipodes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Keyrott likes this.
  5. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I've got a pretty large collection of both, and I've never felt like either step on each other's toes. Funnily enough, I play Haqq as large order lists and Vanilla Ariadna as 10 order lists.

oldGregg and Keyrott like this.
  6. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I don't see any reason to worry about the playstyle of Haqq and Ariadna too similar. They're not :)
    You don't have so much cheap camo in Haqq as in Ariadna, you don't have Dog Warriors, it's impossible to spam units as easily in Haqq as it is in Ariadna. There are few staple things that just work totally different.
    And, when thinking about Haqqislam, I see my impersonators, my Saladin, my Djanbazan with MSV2 and my Kasym and Ghazi. And the great doctors. And Maghariba and the fatty boys - AzRa'il and Al Fasseds. And many more unique units.

I'm mostly Haqqislam player, and I like Ariadna and know it a bit, after few years of playing often against them.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Keyrott likes this.
  7. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

They only overlap if you want them to. There's a lot of diversity in both armies. If you talk to competitive players, they're generally going to be emphasizing high order count lists with lots of warbands, smoke and Camo, anchored by a handful of fire superiority pieces.

But there's nothing that says you have to play that way, and that's especially true if you explore their Sectorials.

8. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

They certainly lean toward a similar approach (more cheap models vs. elite armies) and I'd generally discourage a potential newbie from starting one if the other is his first faction, unless they really like the look of the models.

Other armies provide a much different playing experience and I'd suggest looking into that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation