1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but it is not better, it is the only way we have.

Because CB did not react to all the disappointment with their actions, demonstrating the worst possible attitude towards their players and buyers of their products.

So those who are disappointed with the current situation should just shut up and accept what the CB did.

2. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

The funny thing is that he previously said that the headcannon made up in the campaings is irrelevant.

And he is now telling us to headcannon this.

Kallas likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well it is the only ISS division named and it is remarked on how strict and driven it is to protect the state empire at all costs, I assume this means they are an exception and not the mainline modus operati of ISS.

Usually making a note of something means this is its defining characteristic over the average example.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

No, I said multiple times the funfiction players make in the campaigns is not cannon and should never be accepted as official, if it is not published by CB it is fun fiction.

5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

It also makes it a symbol.
    Unless this is some long term bullshit move to blame the entire war crimes to this division as a scapegoat, I can't but feel like CB wants Yu Jing to be represented by this.

I kinda want to write that again.

CB wants Yu Jing to be represented by this.

Kallas and xagroth like this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Because players enjoyed so much the Ultrasmurfs when they were ¡teh Speeesh Mehreeeeen! Example, goal and whatever. Mind you, I'm not trying to make more comparisons between CB's current route and GW's worst mistakes, just pointing to an "example". And its reception.

7. psychoticstorm

At best CB wants ISS to be represented by this.

8. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

ISS is, for the next 9 to 12 months, the only coherent (vanilla, much as I love playing it, is just mishmash) representation of YJ in the game.

SpecOps Birolla and xagroth like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

I am sorry ISS is ISS, its not Yu Jing and will never be.

deep-green-x and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

And evidently quite a few posters strongly disapprove.

xagroth and Aldo like this.
  11. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

ISS is Yu Jing. Just as much as JSA was Yu Jing, but still people act like they were always at risk of being a seperate faction. If ISS aren't Yu Jing then we're really left in the dark with our faction identity, and Corvus Belli don't seem to care. If Yuanduan is an extreme exception to how the ISS have operated then we have even less of a representation and even less of an idea of what the faction is about.

Devrailis, Kallas and xagroth like this.
  12. Hjiryon

Hjiryon Well-Known Member

Heya!

I appreciate that CB has a production cycle and can't really change printed works or the like. If they did, it'd set a dangerous precedent for development and force them into a short-term mindset that probably belongs to a company with a smaller market to address. That's fine.

But we don't live in the 90ies anymore.
    If the real problem with addressing this is the lack of flexibility in communication, then I might suggest that CB needs to discover the wonders of the internet.

Here's a theoretical solution:
    1: Gutier writes: An in-world cannon document from months after the "treason" campaign's in-world timeslot, with an official close to the emperor condemning the treatment the shield division has rendered on the subjects of the emperor, and the colonel in charge of the division being discharged, along with a few select others. A disciplinary cleanup, if you will.
    If psycho-crane is to be a recurring villain, have him dodge punishment, or possibly endure it by way of demotion to Pheasant. He can then continue to be the world 2nd in command of on-grounds operations ever.
    Or better, don't address what happens to anyone beyond said Colonel in that declaration; make it unclear if this is the emperor's representatives trying to save face, or trying to protect his people from agents he has come to view as traitors (possibly because what they tried to do didn't work).

2: Gutier writes an article on the seccession from the YJ perspective, wherein it is explained that the Shield division has been exploring the darkest and most gritty side of the ISS has been laid bare. It shows the dangers of a police state, and how out of hand the judiciary can get. Then, insert sales pitch about moving for the YJ to recover, and segway to hinting at a future sales pitch about the IA, which I assume is ready to go regardless, given the timeline you indicate.

Post these articles a week or two apart online, and use them as a launching point for going back to Yu Jing with the next sectorial (or retouching ISS, if more releases are coming for them? I seem to remember something about a CG box).

While not being a professional writer at all, I could likely write these in the span of a few hours, meaning people who do this for a living would presumably be more efficient, and while I don't know the inner workings of the homepage and how it updates and who operates it, I don't imagine it'd take a multitude of man-hours to facilitate.
    And, since I asume Gutier himself might be really busy (no wonder!), perhaps having him simply review the articles, while probably adding half an hour to the total workload of this, might place less of a strain on what seems like a bottleneck in getting something like this done (that is, Gutier's time).

I don't know that expecting CB to do something like this is reasoanble. They might consider it pandering too much to the upset forumites.
    But saying that they couldn't find the time if they wanted to seems like a strange argument.

I mean, unless the next sectorial (Invincible Army) is meant to double down on the "Yu Jing are horrible genocidal maniacs who like killing civilians" trope... In which case, I honestly understand why it'd be a massive rewrite to change that - but also something I'd then very seriously recommend before sending the IA material to press (presumably about half a year before release?) - Just in case they want anyone to actually buy into said sectorial, and I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Furiat, Section9, BenMoss and 4 others like this.
  13. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Can this be stickied in 72pt flashing bold font in all Yu-Jing threads for a while. I think then there’s a chance of the point getting across

Fyeya and Alphz like this.
  14. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Phew the echo in here is getting LOUD.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Show, don't tell. Basic principle of storytelling. Show what Yu Jing is, don't tell. Right now you're showing one thing and telling us another.

BenMoss, Kallas and xagroth like this.
  16. psychoticstorm

I am afraid no, in the same way Military Orders is not PanOceania, or Bahram is not Haqqislam, they are a part of the overall faction, but are their own little thing inside the overall faction.

A Mão Esquerda and deep-green-x like this.
  17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You're getting the order mixed up. Fixed it for you. Sorry for the kind of condescending choice of words, didn't know how else to put it. ISS is Yu Jing, but Yu Jing is not only ISS.

They still need to show what Yu Jing is as well.

Kallas, xagroth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  18. psychoticstorm

Probably bad fast translation from native structure to proper English, thanks.

The main point is any subfaction is not the main representative of the overall faction and the main faction cannot be defined by the actions or fluff of said sub faction.

Uprising is more or less JSA vs Yu Jing in the periphery and JSA (plus Keimpetais and Totenokai) vs ISS in the spotlight.

19. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Why?

ISS is part and parcel of Yu Jing. It is not definitive of the whole faction, but its presence is actually pretty universal. I'm pretty sure that even small towns will have an ISS official stationed there (otherwise it would become a perfect breeding ground for criminals and insurgents).

That said, ISS is not indicative of, for example, the Invincible Army or the Huang Di province. The IA is completely distinct, it's a wholly separate entity: Huang Di will have an ISS presence within it, certainly, but that does not define its people, necessarily, and they will have a further identity; much in the same way that Acontecimento will have similarities to the rest of PanO, such as extensive corporations (I assume, I haven't looked into that sectorial's background any time recently), but they are still a distinct subset.

Oh yeah, because you're using such reasonable, well thought points right there :face_with_rolling_eyes:

20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Leaving aside that the I-SS purpose was to avoid things like Uprising. They failed. And they resort to genocide. And the YJ Army and Aleph lends them firepower and support. Payed by YJ (in the shape of the Guijia, and contributions to Aleph for the Sophotects, Dakinis and Garudas).

The I-SS who answers directly to YJ's Emperor. The Symbol of the State-Empire.

You know, it's like Military Orders declaring a Crusade against, let's say, Haqquislam and pretending that the Church has nothing to do with it.
    Or that the Neoterran Capitaline Army blows a Nomad mothership, and PanOceanía has nothing to do with it.
    Or that Achilles and a merry band of brothers gets into Corregidor's Lazareto Module, kills every man, woman and child, and Aleph claims to know nothing.
    Or that a Circular crashes into Earth, reducing the planet to smithereens with everybody in it, and O-12 has no responsibility.

Scratch that one. I have a feeling that belongs to "Acontecimiento Explodes".

Section9, gorin and Kallas like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation