1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan character concepts

Discussion in 'Core Set' started by precinctomega, Mar 31, 2018.

1. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I've been brainstorming some ideas for new characters. I'm sure that whatever CB have coming, it'll be better than I could come up with, but I thought others might have some concept ideas to share, too.

1. Karakuri - A Japanese aristo for the resurgent nation! Wielding a naginata (traditional weapon of women in Samurai families) and boarding shotgun.

2. Guru - a Hindu holy man who uses his extraordinary yoga skills and some tech-assisted mystic powers to misdirect and confuse his enemies.

3. Helot - we still don't know what these look like or can do, as far as I know, but it would be cool to find out.

4. Dragonov, the Russian Bear - The Kazak Man Mountain is all beard, muscle and vodka, armed only with a pair of knuckle-dusters and the ability to literally breathe fire!

5. Chainsaw Wizard! - a classic from the early days of Citadel Miniatures, re-imagined for the hexadome. He's not very magic, but he does have a chainsaw and doesn't mind using it!

Although these are just a bit of fun, I'm also enjoying finding miniatures from elsewhere in the Infinity range and (say it quietly) other manufacturers that wouldn't look out of place in the hexadome.

As the range of official characters expands, it'll be fun either to use some alternate minis (as totally different characters with the same rules, as well as alternate skins). And for completely non-official games it would even be fun to invent new unofficial character cards for these.

What sorts of characters (or even miniatures) inspire you?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

Kahlain and Del S like this.
  2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Okay, so, let's say ALEPH decides to make more recreations for entertainment purposes and looks into past sporting heroes. It discovers a Football/Soccer player named Cristiano Ronaldo, regarded as the greatest player of all time (except by Man U and Barca fans) and opts for him amongst others. The Ronaldo recreation is intended to play in his original sport, a "greatest of all time" team.

Alas, it has but one source of information for his appearance. A bust recovered from an airport named after him.
    [​IMG]
    Though speedy and nimble, as well as fairly strong being a recreation, the face is... less than photogenic. Dubbed "Ronaldoface", he is immediately sent into Aristeia, where his skills are relatively quick movement, and a distressingly horrifying fizzog.

precinctomega and Tipzntrix like this.
  3. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

I am usually more inspired by game mechanics than character lore, so my ideas come from a different place to yours, but:

- A character that displaces targets into other targets to cause a domino effect for an attack
    - A character that has a swap action
    - A character that has a wall jump / wall attack (only usable when beside a blocked space)
    - A character that can create traps on the terrain (poison trap, immobilize trap, -2 movement trap, any kind really)

precinctomega likes this.
  4. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

We're well overdue a Druze Aristos - don't tell me the Society doesn't want one of their own on the pitch to showcase their power (and take the occasional dive when the bets are lined up juuust right).

Playwise, they could bring a shedload of area-attacks, in return for low mobility and mediocre defense.
    Explosives galore! Make the scoring zones dangerous, and stop Gata cowering behind Max's shield!

Kahlain and precinctomega like this.
  5. Fathi Amirmoez

Seeing as no-one's using it properly yet, someone designed around the Poisoned state would be cool.

Acon/Paradiso native, "slippery" (in the evasive and hard to lockdown sense, rather than Gata's massive mobility) and disruptive (finding lone targets cut off from support to dump or threaten to dump the payload on).

Would also help differentiate between Parvati and Laxmee's state-purge options (since you can have a theoretically unlimited amount of Poison tokens).

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Oh, we have one profile in the fridge... waiting for the right moment... Never knows.

:wink:

AdmiralJCJF and Fathi Amirmoez like this.
  7. Fathi Amirmoez

I suspected as much. With Massacre's release, the only non-numeric states left unique to one character were Poisoned, Focused and Stunned (both the latter of which were only just developed).

Unless I've read too much into Bostria's words, even Fire shouldn't be unique once Smoke's out.

So it makes sense that idea was down the pipeline.

8. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I didnt know that Al-djabel was a Aristo :scream:

IMP Level X :cyclone:

precinctomega likes this.
  9. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I'm off to collect my Steampunk Parvati, from my FLGS, today.

I plan to do some Photoshop work to create a bespoke character card and test her out in the identity of Broken Puppet.

My background:

Officially, the "steampunk" Parvati skin was discontinued for aesthetic and marketing reasons at the end of the season. But the truth was that something had happened to the Parvati iteration occupying the skin that worried her sponsors. She was becoming more vicious and unpredictable. Her movements were becoming less fluid.

When the skin was subsequently stolen out of storage, no one really cared. But then rumors began to circulate about a new aristo on the underground circuit.

Broken Puppet has, if anything, become worse during her storage. She is capricious, sadistic and chaotic. All of this makes her highly popular with the underground sponsors and fans, but ALEPH now considers her to be a rogue AI. It can only be so long before she is broken permanently...

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

AdmiralJCJF and Del S like this.
  10. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Nice story, good stuff.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation