1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ikari Fireteams - What works?

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by WarHound, Apr 5, 2018.

1. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

So I was reading through the wonderful thread by @ijw earlier in the week, and then thumbing through Army Builder today, and it got me thinking.

There are profiles available that don't seem to marry up to what special teams Ikari can have. If I understand correctly Ikari Company can have:

One Core Fireteam:
    1) 4 Druze + 1 Tanko
    2) 3 Keisotsu + 1 Tanko + 1 Brawler
    3) 4 Wu Ming + 1 Clipper FTS

One Haris Fireteam:
    1) 2 Brawlers + 1 Tanko
    2) 2 Tankos + 1 Brawler
    3) 2 Wu Ming + 1 Clipper FTS or 1 Brawler

Any Number of Fireteam: Duo
    1) 2 Authorized Bounty Hunters
    2) 2 Brawlers
    3) 2 Druze

Now, this next step is where I don't understand.

In several of the profile options there is Fireteam loadouts offered. For example:
    Brawler - Special Fireteam: Haris
    Druze - Fireteam: Haris
    Tanko - Fireteam: Duo, Fireteam: Haris
    Wu Ming - Fireteam: Duo, Fireteam: Haris.

Do I need the above profiles to make the special fireteams, or are these 'fireteam profiles' in addition to the special ones that can be made.

Example:
    To make a Haris of 2 Brawlers and 1 Tanko, do I need the Special Fireteam Brawler, or can I take any 2 Brawlers with any 1 Tanko (and the same is applicable for 2 Tankos and 1 Brawler)

If I take the Fireteam: Haris Wu Ming, can I get a fireteam of 3 Wu Ming (Or am I only allowed the 2 Wu Ming + 1 Clipper or Brawler)?
    Can I even legally use Fireteam: Duo Wu Ming?

Essentially, the 'Special Fireteam: Haris' Brawler option has confused the hell out of me with regards to other Fireteam eligibilities...

Can anyone break it down correctly for me?

2. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

When making a Harris fireteam, you must have one unit with the Harris ability. We can make special harris(plural?) But say for the tanko brawler harris, you must have EITHER a tanko with Harris or a Brawler with Harris. If you want to make a core, to my knowledge (on mobile, can't confirm right now), you must completely fill the fireteam to 5 man because none of the links have an "up to" clause

sarf likes this.
  3. WarHound

#3 WarHound, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  4. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

Tanko have the duo allow-ability in the PDF. Wu Ming NORMALLY cannot duo, but that profile allows them to duo with another wu ming, only if that profile is included in the duo. Look at ISS, their Wu ming aren't allowed to duo either.

As long as you have a wu ming with duo in a duo you're good, but Ikari has no special duos

5. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Due to the (Special Fireteam: Haris) listed in the troop profile it should require that profile to enable one of the two Tankos + Brawler options. In other instances a "Special Fireteam" doesn't require a unit with a line item Fireteam allowance.

6. WarHound

meikyoushisui likes this.
  7. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

When something comes down from CB we will know.

8. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well, Wu Mings profiles in PDF also have Duo loadout, so it`s like they have and haven`t DUo profile at the same time judging from single source.

9. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Doesn't Army overrule the PDF regarding Profiles??

10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

In pretty much every precedent PDF trumped Army.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  11. Vain

Vain Active Member

Army can be updated, a downloaded PDF cannot, it is weird if that is the correct precedent.

12. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

You know that the uploaded pdfs on the downloads section can be updated, right? And unlike Army, a pdf can't suffer a database failure and get horribly fucked up.

loricus likes this.
  13. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

1. The PDF gets released first,
    2. Army gets updated and is wrong,
    3. Army gets updated again and is correct,
    4. Army gets update a third time to fix mistakes in the PDF
    5. The PDF may or may not get updated with the latest changes to Army

At stage 1-3, 5 the PDF is the governing document, at stage 4 Army is.

Q.A.I. and Aldo like this.
  14. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

That`s right, we have to wait until all will be ok. Until then I`ll stick to PDF info.

15. Nasca

Nasca Member

If I understand it correctly this has been not finally clarified, correct?
    So far I see those haris options to be not required as the special fireteam option is a part of the army rule / troop profile.
    So haris would be only of need in case I form a haris that does not reflect the special fireteam option with the corresponding troop profile.

16. spears

spears Well-Known Member

You must have haris on at least one unit in the team, whilst also adhering to the fireteam makeup restriction regardless of it being special or not.
    It doesn't matter which of the models in the team has haris unless this is indicated in the special fireteam. It doesn't effect ikari but for example a special fireteam of one domaru and two karakuri must have the domaru haris profile.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Nasca

Nasca Member

Thanks! I missed the haris special rule.

#17 Nasca, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  18. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

From what I saw in the Rules page, as long as it’s under the Fireteams column, it can be one of those. The part to the side is further explanation of what the Special fireteam is.

So, Druze can form a Haris of just themselves, Duo, and Special Core with a Tanko. Either the Tanko OR one of the Druze must have the Haris ability.

Keisotsu can Core with just themselves or a Special with Tanko and Brawler

Wu Ming can do a Haris just with themselves, Speical Haris of them + Clipper OR Brawler, or Special Core with clipper. For the Special Haris, the Wu Ming OR Brawler must have the Haris skill.

Supposedly Wu Ming cannot Duo. But why then did they ad the Wu Ming with Combi and Duo skill?! Iritating!

upload_2018-8-22_11-35-18.png

19. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

There are some inconsistent things in the pdf with Druzes and Wú Ming.
    JSA was released 4 or 5 months ago, so i think that the army builder is now the most reliable source.

20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

You would think so but supposedly the PDF is the Official thing.

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/forming-fireteams-a-summary.3553/

I’ve only played 4 games so far but I’ve found the links to be fantastic.

2 games I did Wu Ming link with Clipper. I think the Wu Ming needs to have EVO with TeamPro to make sure it keeps going. But I love them and will be using them pretty often. I think it’s a bit better to take the Smart Missile clipper instead of the regular Missile. The smart one just has more options. AP+DA is not bad either.

1 game I did the Tanko with Missile, Keisotsu FO x3, MSV2 Sniper Brawler. The Keisotsu at least, can form a core of just them if they need to. So the TeamPro is not as necessary. The Tanko was great and killed a few with the missiles. The Brawler was great too with Yuan Yuan throwing smoke on top of her! The team I really liked was the Haris of Druze. Lt.+KHD+DEP. OMG the DEP is awesome. Especially with an X-visor.

I’m going to take a core of Druze in my next one with x2 Panzerfaust. I know the Tanko Missile is popular but why take a Tanko missile in a core of them when you can take the Panzer for 0 SWC and 7pts cheaper!? I’ll also try to have them near the EVO with BAGGAGE.

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] DRUZE Lieutenant (X Visor) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

My 4th game, I did the same Keisotsu link but then tried a Brawler duo of Lt. + Doc. I’ll need to try again. I can’t say I cared for it but I may need to try again. The Haris sounds good but then I need to take either the Haris Tanko or Brawler witch limits the team a bit.

#20 Space Ranger, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation