1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens when a TAG gets a Motorcycle in a Booty L2 roll?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Khayloth, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's understandable. It just last post made it sound like this entire thing was left without ruling on purpose.

I mean, it is not unknown for alpinists to find people who stayed there due to being dead, so there's that...

Khayloth and xagroth like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The problem with common sense is that it's the least common of the senses (and take it as "few people have it" or "each one has its own version", as you prefer XD).

Climbing troops that CAN go prone (because not remotes or TAGs, for example) could be argue they fall, since they have to go prone, but cannot because the rules forbid it.
    However, climbing troops that CANNOT go prone (Remotes, TAGs...) remain there... Thus, for simplicity's sake, a ruling that ALL models Climbing fall or not fall if Unconscious should be FAQed...

And for "logic", things like "shadow of buildings" (that could prevent you from getting fragged by spec fire) were removed because it was a chaotic mess, so... lean and clean! ^^

Ginrei likes this.
  3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Why does there need to be a FAQ concerning falling when the only game mechanic that can currently CAUSE falling is Jump? Being unconscious while climbing doesn't.
    The unfortunate word choice "fall Unconscious" for the English version of this bullet point
    • Se considera que las tropas Inconscientes se encuentran tambiĆ©n en estado Cuerpo a Tierra, excepto aquellos Tipos de Tropa que no puedan asumir dicho estado.
    is just a bad word choice. Unconscious models become Prone if they can, no falling is involved.
    References:
    English http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Unconscious
    Spanish http://infinitythewiki.com/es/Inconsciente

daboarder and Wolf like this.
  4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Problem is that climbing models are not allowed to go prone, while there is no record of interactions with "prone-able" troops KO in "can't prone" situations.

And the problem might be a leftover from N2 since I suffered it six weeks ago or so, and the consensus in the spanish whatsapp group was "they fall from the wall because C+ turns off".

So, deserving to be considered a Frequently Asked Question, I'd say.

5. Khayloth

Khayloth Well-Known Member

Yes, of course. It's basic rule completion simply done:

If a model that is Climbing falls Unconscious it will fall to the closest ground where its base fits, measuring the height from the bottom part of it's base.

Now... What do we do with Shasvastii's Embryo?

And stop offtopic-ing [emoji14]

6. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Short term answer is they fall and take damage in the seed Embryo state since they don't fall until the resolution stage of the order, after they've turned turtle.

Long term we know that the seed embryo rules will be reworked and we hope like hell they're simpler and clearer...

7. Khayloth

Khayloth Well-Known Member

Still, jokes about TAGs on MiniBikes left aside, what I would love @HellLois to clarify and FAQ is, do you change your Silhouette to S4 whenever you get a Motorcycle with the Booty L2 roll?

I don't care what is the decision, but I think we should have one.

Either you don't, you keep your original Silhouette, and when you dismount you leave an S4 Motorcyle Marker no matter what your Silhouette was (S8 from a Maghariba to S1 from a Kauuri), or you do change your Silhouette to S4 while mounted, meaning a Kauuri would enlarge and a Maghariba would shrink.

Or, it could go like... You change your Silhouette to S4 unless your Silhouette already has a bigger base than S4 (remember that S5 has a smaller base, all those HIs).

Also, prohibition for certain Troops to get a Motorcycle, like TAGs, REMs, and whatnot.

Me myself I'm done in this post unless I come back for a more or less funny joke.

xagroth and cazboab like this.
  8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Would it qualify for one if I say that I don't see anything wrong with biker unidrons, speaking of limiting that option by troop type?

9. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Unidrons on bikes, S5 heavy infantry, Harley riding dog warriors (seriously why don't we have those yet?) and gecko bikes...
    They're all a bit silly, but I sort of think that either everything is fine on a bike(or equivalent) , or only S2 can use them regardless of troop type and the booty l2 table needs to add an exception saying that anything not S2 gets a combi rifle as if they had rolled on the Lv1 chart or something similar...

10. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Amen. Let's sort out anything that's not unarguably clear, and get on with our games.

11. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

This is an important question and deserves serious answers! :grin: Not to mention that anyone who could contrive that model combination would surely clean up on the popular vote at this year's War Crow! Any decent modelers out there?

cazboab likes this.
  12. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

No one expects perfection, but it seems like it has been getting a lot harder (based on frequency) to get official FAQs published more recently on various things that keep coming up.

I really miss the days of when we had the officially marked "SOLVED" threads in the rules forums, so even if I don't agree with a ruling at least there's something specific and official I can point to as to why something is the way it is. Was that deemed to be too much work to keep up on, or just determined to be not necessary now as we are past the "intro" phase of the new edition?

Wolf likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

True I think I may need to see this done again

14. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

15. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

just spat tea all over my Troop Sergeants desk.

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well done, Well Done!

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Can PanO has this nice thing ?

Barrogh likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation