1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens when a TAG gets a Motorcycle in a Booty L2 roll?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Khayloth, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Concerning the small bikes.. they must have fit in the panoply with all the other stuff beforehand. :thinking_face:

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Or it's so close to a place with enough horizontal surface for a S1/2 base to fit, and close enough the doctor/engineer's Silhouette touches the Unconscious model's one...

Can't find it atm, but I'm sure there is a "microbike" Saito uses on the first GITS manga, or the 1.5 Human/Error interface... it's like an adult over a dog, though XD

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Tomcats say hit (from the roof) :P

I wasn't seriously asking the question, I was basically drawing attention to Storm's post because I honestly could not believe he was being serious. So I was kinda expecting him to clarify.

daboarder and xagroth like this.
  4. Khayloth

Khayloth Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. Climbing Plus doesn't interfere at all with this. It's just a bonus over Climbing, and nowhere in that rule specifies that you fall down if you fall Unconscious when you are Climbing.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Khayloth

Khayloth Well-Known Member

RAW perspective is that your S8 Maghariba suddenly fits through a door for S4, or between buildings. Also, you move 8 inches.

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Nitpicking time: one is "Automatic Skill", meaning it's more or less passive modifier for things you can declare during the game, the other is Entire Order Skill, as in an actual action that is declared and carried out. So I find it hard to see one as a bonus over another. Granted, C+ dpes provide a bonus to Climb, but also to Move, if we look at it this way :P

That doesn't make your main point incorrect though.

daboarder likes this.
  7. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Nanotech self-assembly bike pods. Obviously zenotech or something, where the user doesn't know what the buttons say. Why else would the results be completely random? :sunglasses:

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Quantronic Iota-Scarcity assemblage, it's not random, Aleph knew what you were going to need better than you did :P

Wolf and Barrogh like this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Alright Ill give you that, we assumed people would find logical that an unconscious model does not hold for his life on a vertical surface and falls down, do people think this would need a FAQ?

11. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

The bigger Infinity gets and the more people get into playing competitive ITS, the less anything can just be assumed by "common sense" or "logic", especially when we're talking about a fictional world with space wizards and artificial intelligence and artichoke people.

eciu, Khayloth, Ginrei and 1 other person like this.
  12. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

As soon as i can tell how the tricycle that is the probot can hang from anything with its wheel legs, ill start caring about how logically following things that are not in the rules.

So yes, if it is not in the faq, they dont fall.

Robock likes this.
  13. macfergusson

nano-studded tires.

14. kinginyellow

Which shouldnt really require a functionally chassis for that, its been damaged and cant continue. But why does it fall logically?

And not responding to a reapter shot right at your feet, you cant aro it, but only the shooter that spec fired it from 14 away out of sight.

Also, a game has rules, we are to follow the rules as the rules instructs us to. We are not supposed to add rules as we see fit due to "logic". Logic by who?

xagroth likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Wait, is that how this works? I've always played under the assumption that you get the motorcycle silhouette along with the increased speed.

Definitely makes the one Authorized Bounty Hunter model even more confusing.

xagroth and macfergusson like this.
  16. macfergusson

Did you see my previous post?

17. kinginyellow

Oh, we are both in agreement here i realize. Probably would have been more fair not to quote but our moderator thinks that logic trumps rules at times so i wanted to use your point humorous rebuttal to indicate that logic is just like beauty. Truly a matter of perspective.

18. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Really? You assumed people would apply something only Jump declaration allows to other random events in the game?

And on common sense... Depending on what you use for climbing, your body may end up hanging on that equipment. This is future after all, and it's a passable assumption that units may have something easy and fast to deploy in their arsenal.

#38 Barrogh, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Robock, Ginrei, xagroth and 1 other person like this.
  19. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Technically even S2 models are taller than and therefore cannot fit in an S4 silhouette, but when they use mount they can... Not sure that's a point for or against using S4 for everything on a bike but it's an observation...

An s4 bike can fit inside a panoply because either the panoply is just a pick up point for some kind of underground storage, teleporter or 3d printer(with terrible file names hence the randomised output) or the bike is compacted and assembled as it's withdrawn.

20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well what can I say we are humans some things get passed over for various reasons then they come up in a weird way, TAGs getting bikes, people on wall staying there while unconscious, happens.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation