1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With apologies to George Lucas

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by toaster, Dec 5, 2017.

1. toaster

toaster Modelling Madman

So with my spaceship table virtually completed it was time for a first scenario specially written for it. My opponent Glenn and I decided on a 400 pt boarding action with the attacking troops having captured the ship now needing to burn through the airlocks and storm the corridors to seize the bridge, engineering and vital crew members and/or passengers .

Capture the Rebel Spies.

A small transport ship has been captured and is believed to contain valuable (personnel/information/cargo) it must be boarded and bridge and engineering seized to allow a search to be conducted safely.

Victory Conditions:

Hold both the bridge and engineering sections at the end of the 4th turn 2 victory points each. To hold the area you must have non null state troops in it and no active enemy troops.

Dominate both the bridge and engineering sections at the end of the 4th turn 1 victory point each. To dominate the area you must have more army points in a non null state in the area than your opponent.

Control key personnel, 1 victory point for each HVT that has been synched to one of your troops at the end of the 4th turn.

Deployment:

The defender secretly deploys all his models anywhere in the ship at least 12” from the 4 airlocks while the attacker assigns his troops to which ever airlock they will enter through, then both players reveal their deployment. The attacker automatically has the first turn and all his models not waiting to use AD are considered on the table for order pool purposes, but not yet on the ship, as each model is activated it will begin its actions from inside the assigned airlock.

Neither side may use infiltration or advanced/mechanised deployment special rules.

AD is available to both sides and represents troops using ducts and emergency hatches to enter from unexpected areas. Due to the control options offered from the bridge whichever side currently dominates the bridge does not suffer scatter when using AD:3 or 4.

After both sides have deployed place two HVT models in random positions by choosing a corner and rolling D(length of table) by D(width of table)

Special terrain rules:

High energy systems, the power systems of the ship use high voltage and current such that loose wires can present a significant hazard. Whenever grenades or missiles are used the area or the circular template is considered hazardous terrain for the rest of the game (danger level 20, damage 13)

Engineering is considered a white noise zone and the danger level from explosive damage is much higher (danger level 16, damage 15).

The bridge is a saturation zone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was worried that the game would need several play-through's to balance the weird deployment situation but the first game felt remarkable balanced and came down to the final ftf roll.

I rolled to be defender and took a Corrigador force which had a Mobile Brigada link in the engine room, An Intruder HMG and Reaction Zond guarding the bridge approaches. Two Transductors were hidden as close to the airlocks as possible to provide early hacking shots against the invading Aleph forces and a pair of bandits also waited in the midfield. Finally 3 Tomcats waited off board to reinforce where needed.

Aleph made several attempts to dislodge the MB, starting with a Danvas hacker using a pitcher to attempt hacking but only managed to immobilize one of the link due to my tinbot bonus but both netrods scattering off table and my strategic command token ended their first turn early due to lack of orders, he did however manage to secure one of the HVT's and disable a transductor with a proxy 4.

On my first turn the second transductor moved up on the lurking Danvas that was bugging the MB and the Bandit KHD fried her brains. Then the Tomcat engineer freed the MB and returned the link to full strength.
    The second Bandit planted an E/Mauler covering one of the forward airlocks and the second Tomcat placed a repeater to cover one of the rear airlocks and that was turn.

On Aleph turn 2 a Deva bot fried the repeater and Tomcat but was immobilized by the MB Hacker in the process and an Asura gunned down Bandit 2 while eating a E/Mauler to the face. But the next entry was a Proxy engineer and Yudbot who proceeded to repair both models. Meanwhile a camouflaged Naga began flanking the engineering section. The Proxy 4 isolated the KHD Bandit with an EM grenade befor taking the HVT off the board. A Gardua attempted to enter behind the MB but misjudged the distance to the hacker and was shut down.

On my second turn the MB HMG removed the Devabot and My Tomcat doctor entered next to the unconscious Tomcat and got him back on his feet so he could wound the Deva placing them in NWI state.
    My Intruder pushed forward but didn't get into range of anything.

On Aleph turn 3 the repaired Asura captured the second HVT and the Naga placed a Monofilament mine and then forced an ARO to kill my link leader who was also my Lieutenant, he also took out the Tomcat engineer.

Being LoL for turn 3 didn't stop the MB from discovering and dispatching the Naga and still managing to set a solid perimeter around engineering. The Intruder changed direction and fell back to a hidding place just off the bridge.

Giving up on engineering for turn 4 a pair of Asuras out flanked and destroyed the Reaction Zond and moved into the bridge running straight past the intruder who declined to ARO.

For my final turn the Intruder (now my Lieutenant) dropped camo to gun down the Asura Hacker who chose to wear the shots so as to place a white noise zone, They took 2 wounds and went NWI but felt smug that I could no longer shoot into the bridge. In response I used a whole order to spec throw a grenade into the white noise zone, they failed their return shot and their armour roll and went down taking their White noise zone with them. The intruder then gunned the second Asura into NWI state but when I attempted to finish them with my last order I lost the ftf and went unconscious leaving Aleph in possession of the bridge and both HVT's for 4 VP to my 2. Had I won that last roll it would have been a 4 to 1 Corrigador victory as the last Asura was synched to the second HVT.

#1 toaster, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Mmmm... not sure about the bit "you gun down the Asura H+ and the White Noise gets removed". Consider that White Noise is NOT supportware (the non-instant programs that state "hacker null => remove supportware), but has Negative Feedback, which has been adressed in regards of other NFD gear as "only interrupting its normal working during the order in which both are active", see http://infinitythewiki.com/en/ODD:_Optical_Disruption_Device FAQ entry at the bottom line.

3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

NEVER APOLOGIZE TO GEORGE LUCAS!

Toaster, you magnificent bastard! Well, adequate bastard anyways. :laughing: Nice Batrep. Next time: the attacker needs to be the CA, of course, with an Umbra Samaritan. Ah, the 2 HVTs are zondbots. And the CA units have significantly reduced BS scores :fearscream: Zondbots need to make it to the escape pod before being captured or the game ends. Your ship has an escape pod? No? well, a trabajar, muchacho.

I really want to see you start to color in those details on your spaceship table. The surfaces remind me of a coloring book. It would significantly enhance an already excellent piece of work. Me Gusta.

P.S. Don't use crayons.

Danger Rose likes this.
  4. toaster

toaster Modelling Madman

@Red Harvest , it has 6 escape pods, there the yellow things in the middle of the ship.
    I think I've coloured enough details, I do want the miniatures to stand out on it. I could see picking out different panels in 12 different shades of grey but it's an awful lot of work.

Anyway Glenn and I are swapping over as attacker/defende and replaying the scenario on another layout
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that I've built a hanger bay door I can add my Y2K Peregrine to the table.

Robert

unclesrouce and Belgrim like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation