1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LoF for unconscious Troupers

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Lyncxyx, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Lyncxyx

Lyncxyx New Member

Hey guys,
    I am pretty new to this game and have a question about Line of Fire.

It came up during a game when we checked wether a Holoprojector would get his free holoechos at the beginning of the enemy turn. The (holoprojector) model had Line of Fire to an enemy model (unconscios), which he just shot down during the turn. And here the problem started: Does the unconscious model have Line of Fire to the Holoprojector? Or more basically: do unconscious models have Line of Fire at all?

Implications are mostly about getting into camo/holo state.

I looked up the rules for Line of Fire, I checked the rules about the unconscios state and I couldn't find anything about the model loosing Line of Fire as it gets unconscious. This seemed pretty wrong.

So can anyone give me advise, where this is ruled? Or is it intended that unconscious troupers still watch over the battlefield?

Thanks.

2. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

No. Unconscious trooper do not block recamo nor holo.

3. Lyncxyx

Lyncxyx New Member

4. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

I suspect it's considered a common sense ruling that unconscious troopers don't have a line of fire, rather than an explicit function of being in the unconscious state.

chromedog likes this.
  5. toaster

toaster Modelling Madman

It's in the terminology, 'Null' State if a model is in a 'Null' state then it doesn't do anything.

Robert

xagroth likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Not correct, Possessed troops are in a Null state, yet they have and can draw Line of Fire.

Reece likes this.
  7. toaster

toaster Modelling Madman

Oops my bad.

8. momo234

momo234 Well-Known Member

I agree that it is probably assumed to be a common sense issue. When writing the rule set, I doubt anyone thought that they would have to clarify that an UNCONSCIOUS model could or couldn't see something. It may not be anywhere in the rules, or it may be in some obscure place that will turn up at a random time. Either way, I think it is a great stretch to think that an unconscious model would count as having an active LoF.

9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

The problem is, it's not about LoF being "active" or something, it can either be drawn or not, and it's mutual thing unless one of the models is behind another, which is IIRC an explicit thing.

This is a curious find.

10. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Null state in and of itself simply says "does not generate orders" but we do tend to assign more implications to it than are actually stated in the rules. This bit combined with the fact that LoF is not tied in any way to being able to Activate (per Order or ARO) does make this a very odd gap in the rules. I think this is another spot where "Common sense applies" has to be factored in.

11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I'd agree, though regardless CB should still faq it.

Cry of the Wind likes this.
  12. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Definitely would be nice to have an official statement on all these little issues, yeah. The FAQ document is nice, but it doesn't seem to keep up with the community's ability to find things to be confused about.

Cry of the Wind and Mruczyslaw like this.
  13. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

I doubt that the question 'do unconscious troopers have a line of sight' is a frequently asked question, you know. Or at least, I hope it isn't. A faq required for questions of that nature could end up quite unwieldy, although the upside of that is you could use it as a CC weapon.

14. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The rules just need a re-write, tbh.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation