1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

400pts Limited Insertion help

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by kghamilton, Apr 3, 2018.

1. kghamilton

kghamilton The_Omnishambles
    Warcor

Hi all,

Looking for inspiration on building a 400pt limited insertion vanilla haqq list for an upcoming tournament. I've played around with lists and feel haqq don't get the most out of this format. With only one TAG and limited heavy hitters I've struggled to build a competitive ten order list.

It got me thinking about what I need in a list this big. Obviously prepare for multiple TAGS, but my go to options for that are hackers and Mutts, neither of which are expensive and therefore take up an order that could otherwise be filled by some HI. Except my HI options aren't great in vanilla, at least when compared to other factions.
    So far I've got this
    I feel I'll need an engineer and a couple assault hackers to stop rampaging TAGS but also feel a KHD would be useful as I see hacking to play a large part in this tournament too
    Considered a Fiday but worried most LT options will be multi wound
    Thoughts?

[​IMG] 400pts Limited Insertion ──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 [​IMG] SALADIN Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 36)[​IMG] MAGHARIBA MULTI HMG / 2 Heavy Pistols. (2 | 79) [​IMG] [​IMG] MAGHARIBA PILOT Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. ()[​IMG] FASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)[​IMG] JANISSARY Akbar Doctor (MediKit) AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 41)[​IMG] TARIK MANSURI Spitfire, Nanopulser, Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 55)[​IMG] FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)[​IMG] NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)[​IMG] DJANBAZAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)[​IMG] TUAREG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 35)[​IMG] HAWWA

2. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

What are the missions you are preparing for?

3. kghamilton

Warcor

Good question

Show of Force
    Decapitation
    Transmission Matrix
    Looting and Sabotaging

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I would make a list for Transmission Matrix with Anti-TAG and hacking options (those Govads and Muyibs...) that can also work in Decapitation if
    needed, then make one for the other two that could also work for decapitation.

I would place Saladin in all of them, since he is so interesting as +1 order, then one Fiday to hunt enemy infantry (avoid TAGs), the Fasid HMG and a Djanbazan HMG.
    The Maghariba with 360º visor can really control that central console in looting and sabotaging, in Suppresive Fire she can reach nearly all the table.

Danger Rose and Sojourne like this.
  5. kghamilton

Warcor

I like your plan of a dedicated list for transmission matrix as that one I'm having the most difficulty making a list for
    I was wanting to fill it with hackers but then as soon as they step into the scoring area they become targets. What do you think about a smart ML bot since forward observing should be a piece of cake .

I also don't normally bother with the 360 Maggie as I can't justify the additional 20pts but you're onto something when she is halfway up the board and controlling an objective

Ok how about this? I could've gone Taureg instead of a Ragik but he's cheaper so I can afford al-djabel, plus I like the idea of him coming in when I need him

[​IMG] 400pts transmission matrix ──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 [​IMG] SALADIN Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 36)[​IMG] MAGHARIBA (360º Visor) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 98) [​IMG] [​IMG] MAGHARIBA PILOT Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. ()[​IMG] FASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)[​IMG] TARIK MANSURI Spitfire, Nanopulser, Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 55)[​IMG] FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)[​IMG] BARID Hacker (Assault Hacking Device UPGRADE: Icebreaker) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)[​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)[​IMG] AL-DJABEL Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW, Knife. (0 | 35)[​IMG] RAGIK Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)[​IMG] HAWWA

#5 kghamilton, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Don't want to be a douchbag, but consider that Tarik is going to be illegal in soonish time in ITS-format cuz of backd00r challenge.

PS.: rather use the "import army code" function, makes it easier for us to read your list

7. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Use two Maggys.....

8. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I need more ways to love this post.

Gabarra, Danger Rose and theGricks like this.
  9. Jonno

Jonno Well-Known Member

10. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Duuuude! Isn't that list going to be misinterpreted as "Something Personal"?

11. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

That's pure evil, 4 Fatality LVL2? with 2 my local group would banish me :joy:

Jonno likes this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

That's what they get for making Haqq player play this horrible format :P

Gabarra likes this.
  13. Gabarra

Gabarra Member

Played this format twice only, it really pushes haqq out of the comfort zone. I could not reasonably fit our usual troublemakers (ghazi, daylami, hunzakut) so I took a very cautious/defensive approach. And it landed a very solid win against a nomads dual tag list, and a very thight one against a MO list heavy on HI.

I guess key on both accounts was using Al djabel to cripple adversary support, and then setting up a mid field bunker for maggie, before anything else.

The list I used is below. I feel there's room for improvement, as there's no source of smoke, and the kaplan's blitzen is the only E/M. Any criticism is most welcome!

[​IMG] Haqqislam - Untitled Roster (399/400 | 8/8)

Group #1 | 10 Models | [​IMG] 10 [​IMG] 0 [​IMG] 0

[​IMG] Maghariba 360° Visor | 360° Visor, MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower (98)
    [​IMG] Fasid Heavy Rocket Launcher | Heavy Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, Heavy Pistol / Knife (45)
    [​IMG] Azra'il AP HMG | AP HMG, Pistol / Knife (41)
    [​IMG] Janissary Doctor | Akbar Doctor, MediKit, AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, Pistol / CCW (41)
    [​IMG] Nasmat Servant | Electric Pulse (3)
    [​IMG] Kaplan Engineer Blitzen | Engineer, Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Pistol / Knife (27)
    [​IMG] Nasmat Servant | Electric Pulse (3)
    [​IMG] Saladin Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol / CCW (36)
    [​IMG] Barid Killer Hacker | Killer Hacking Device: UPGRADE: Lightning, Rifle, Pitcher, Pistol / Knife (16)
    [​IMG] Barid Assault Hacker | Assault Hacking Device: UPGRADE: Icebreaker, Rifle, Pitcher, Pistol / Knife (19)
    [​IMG] Djanbazan HMG | HMG, Pistol / Knife (35)
    [​IMG] Al-Djabel Viral CCW | Rifle, Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades, Pistol / Viral CCW, Knife (35)

[​IMG] Open in MayaNet

Tried exporting from army, but something ain't working as it should...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation