1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holoprojector and Hackable

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by fkaos, Dec 7, 2017.

1. fkaos

fkaos Active Member

So holoprojector says:
    REMEMBER
    The presence of troopers in Holoprojector L1 state is considered Private Information. This also includes the Special Skills they have and their weapons and pieces of Equipment, too.
    However, in Holoprojector L1 state the Hackable Characteristic is considered Open Information when the trooper is inside the Hacking Area of an enemy.

And hacking says:
    Hacking Devices and Hacking Programs: Characteristics
    Hacking Devices and their suite of Hacking Programs obey a series of general rules:
    So which takes precedence? If I walk my Ayyar projected as a barid KHD into enemy hacker ZoC do I just say that he is hackable or do I have to say which programs work on my secret Ayyar?

Bonus question as it says just the hackable characteristic is revealed does a holo LI hacker (who does not have the hackable characteristic) say anything at all?

Belgrim likes this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That's a great question. I wish I had an answer to it.

3. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

I have seen this before with things like camo markers. I remember it being resolved with "you have to declare it as hackable(if asked) but they have to guess with the program they use. If the target is not valid, it is a burned order.'
    Like it says, the HACKABLE characteristic is open information, not what or why it has that.

4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Yup, this came up a few months ago and petered out without a conclusion. I'll add it to my "Rules needing a ruling" thread.

Here's a link to the old thread for people to peruse until it gets taken down.

#4 Sabin76, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Remember that HP1 is not a Marker State. So there is no rule overriding rule conundrum here.

So, if a HI disguised as LI walk inside a Hacking Area...
    1) The HP1 rule makes you disclose the Hackable Trait of the "so called" LI
    2) The Hacking Device rule makes you declare the list of Hacking Programs your model can be affected by.

The RAW way to do it should be your opponent asking "Do this apply? And this? And this?" answering Y/N to probably all the list. The fastest and cleanest way to do it is declare "This is a HI".

The only REAL problem there is how to manage when a HI disguised as LI walk near to a Hacker disguised as not-Hacker (Knight of the Holy Sepulcre vs KanRen Hacker, just to say one).

xagroth likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

A reminder; open information is any information your opponent is entitled to, this information you must volunteer, not wait for it to be asked.

Also a reminder that Hackable trait is a defined thing and what makes HI be targetable by Carbonite etc.

Icchan likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Assassin Hayyar is an HoloN2 IP, the only other hackable troop with HoloN2 in Haqquislam would be a Hacker Specops. Anyway, if it is hackable you can always ARO a Carbonite.

Of course, what you call a Real Problem is quite paradoxical: regardless of which player is active, neither knows the other miniature is Hackable/hacker, so none volunteers the information. I'd go the salomonic route, and say that if any reveals itself the ARO/second order might have to be rectonned, like the problm with the miniatures passing by mines just in the border of their template.

8. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

Hmm...this would make for some funny courtesy lists. "Why do three of your basic LI linetroops have the hackable trait?" lol

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No, the hackable characterstic of a marker is Open Information only once any of the markers is inside the enemy's hacking area (even if expanded because an enemy hacker is inside the ZoC of a repeater allied with the holotroop).

Sabin76 and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation