1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pack it up boys and girls, Invincible Army isn't next

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HouseOfKings, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

2. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

They literally deleted my favourite sectorial and put it into another faction. I can still play my o-yoroi, I can play my haramaki. I can even use those in vanilla yu-jing as proxies.
    If you say, you lost tactical options, sure, and that has to be adressed (whoever is argueing that a ninja can do the same thing as an oniwaban is simply wrong). But you said they invalidated your purchase and that is not true, they are either proxies or part of your new faction, depending on how deep you were in JSA in the first place.

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

It's never a good thing being told you can't do a thing anymore, just look at tagline when ariadna had a Tag in every sectorial (two in some!) now it's SoF and we sometimes have a Tag for 2.5 or 3swc, if the TO allows it.

It's not great that you have 280ish points of JSA that you can't use in YuJing except as proxies, but on the other hand you still have 280ish points of JSA that you can use as JSA...

4. Hecaton

@Telcontar Or, you can't run them at all because you played vanilla Yu Jing and don't have enough JSA to run on its own - nor do you want to. But you're saying that them being proxies would be enough - what's stopping you from running random 25mm bases as your troops? Why do people care? Oh yeah, there's a value to the minis themselves representing things on the table.

fenren, Shiwen, Benkei and 1 other person like this.
  5. Telcontar

And he has a bunch of yu-jing that can proxy in that JSA army.

6. Telcontar

I am not saying that proxies is an ideal solution, but if you liken the use of proxies to using random 25mm bases, we are again at the point where I am saying you are argueing in bad faith.

Bobman likes this.
  7. Hecaton

Yeah, that's crap. Nobody wants to proxy fucking everything.

fenren, Benkei and xagroth like this.
  8. Hecaton

I feel about as satisfied by them. I'm not arguing in bad faith; that's just how I feel about the issue. Given that you're an unabashed JSA supporter, it's not surprising that you have a blase attitude about how the rest of Yu Jing is faring...

9. Telcontar

With that list, he would at most have to proxy the zianshi as keisotsu to have something that he can field. "fucking everything" looks very differently.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

But what are they proxies for?

I already own four other ninja and they're either sitting at AVA2 or AVA1 in the armies I still play. What do I need the Oniwaban or Shinobu for when proxying?

Why would I use Keisotsu as proxies at this point? I was waiting for the buggers to get resculpted for years because they clashed so badly with the rest of my force despite being better line troops than Zhanshi. Seriously, I have a dozen Zhanshi, a dozen CG, and eight Kuang Shi. What point do my Keisotsu have as proxies when I don't have a reason to proxy any line troops (and don't like the minis anyways)? If we still had access to them, I would buy the resculpts in a hot second, but no, no Keisotsu in Yu Jing and no money for CB despite these things being at the top of my wishlist for years. Tokusetsu? Already have a Yisheng and Mech-engineer and only have AVA1 of each. No need for more engineers or doctors.

And what about Aragoto? No bikes in any of my armies (Yu Jing and Nomads). These things are just pricey paperweights now.

I suppose my handful of random Domaru as Wu Ming or the like, but they're old sculpts and don't look good in links (same reason I wont use my older Wu Ming).

This is where the proxy thing falls down for me. The AVAs of things that would make good proxies and/or the number of other minis most of us have in our collection makes proxies kind of pointless. And it isn't like I needed CB's blessing to do this in the first place to use these as proxies anyways, so it's of little consolation.

It's $100+ dollars of proxies that I don't need (because I have tons of Yu Jing sculpts and no real need to proxy things) that are too few and disparate to be a JSA force without buying things I didn't want (assuming I wanted to play JSA, which after nearly a decade of avoiding playing them, is a safe bet that I don't).

11. Telcontar

Your feelings and my feelings are immaterial to this.
    I have actually more Yu-Jing than JSA. The miniatures that started all of this for me were Zuyong and Shang Ji. I am not happy about how the uprising is being handled fluff wise and I am surely not blase about the plights of my fellow gamers. You either start being civil and logical about this or I stop discussing this with you. I have zero patience for you trying to win the arguement with baseless accusations instead of actual points.

@Durandal I give you the Aragoto, but the rest...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Because CB is so fast, open and clear when it comes to answer questions about Infinity... Aristeia is another thing entirely, btw.

Are you asking/inciting for someone to post a break in the forum rules so he gets a ban? Do you realize this kind of affirmations are what drives people mad? Is driving people mad so they get banned what you want? If "yes" is the answer to any of those questions, you should leave the forum until you decided to be less provocative in the bad way.
    Also, shareholders tend to have the phone of the dude deciding stuff, so they don't use the forums. And the info is given to them in advance for the selfish reason that they might decide to leave, sell their shares and thus lowering the value of those... possibly generating a cascading effect that can bankrupt a company.

You know, it's less of a hassle, less problematic, and more comfortable to just print photos of the miniatures in the corresponding Silhouette than it is using the current miniatures (Silhouette having been used as a justification for things like the Umbra Samaritan...). Forcing people to use models as proxies will push more than one to migrate to papercraft outside of tournaments.

13. Hecaton

No, both of our feelings on the subject matter. We're paying customers, not corporate serfs to be exploited. Since your attitude is "CB can do nothing wrong, in a deontological manner" you're going to be frustrated at anybody saying that CB did something wrong in how they handled the JSA release. You won't acknowledge a viewpoint other than your own as being acceptable to express.

Benkei and xagroth like this.
  14. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Shareholders who sell their stock based on information not made publicly available...pretty sure there is some kind of law about that...
    Also CB is a limited company, the shares aren't traded.

A Mão Esquerda and chromedog like this.
  15. SpecOps Birolla

SpecOps Birolla Well-Known Member

Yeah, absolutely, but I don't really care about JSA aside from the bikes and shinobu, and already another player here - in a small group - runs JSA with no interest in my stuff since he runs HI+LI, otherwise it would be a non-issue
    Wouldn't it be garbage, though?
    Seriously, I have no experience of running that stuff all together, and it seems very aggressive and waiting for a few well placed ARO on the bikes to go down some orders T1.

I think I'll run my stuff like uprising never happened for a while, then see where this goes, seems the most sensible thing to do now.

Hecaton likes this.
  16. Stur

Stur Member

I want to start by saying im not a CB fanboy, I lile them sure but I will not blindly defend them. Also want to apologize for any misspelling and such, writing this on mobile!

It sucks that YJ lost a sectorial and are not immediately getting one. They could have handled the transition better.

I for one am stoked for Tunguska, been waiting 3 years for them so I dont mind, people will have to wait maybe what.. 6 months for IA? Have a little patience..

To those shouting about YJ only having 1 sectorial.. Aleph only has one and does not get many new releases or frequently, what about Tohaa? They have none, will not get one untill next year (confirmed) and they got what.. 1 release this year so far?

MRRF and Shasvastii are in dire need of a rework have been for years.. Yes Il admit they have other sectorials and vanilla that works great but so does YJ.. so why should YJ be special instead of the above listed options?

Also as a business decision it made sense to pull the plug on JSA and move them. The stats supported that the use of the troops was low in vanilla. Meaning all JSA were going to JSA players mainly with the occasional sale to the Yj player, moving them should not make a difference its still the same sectorial although reworked (for the better imo).

By splitting them away it forces any and all purchases made for JSA to be JSA players (or ikari which is basically mini JSA anyway) so you "need" to build and buy at least 300 points around those models, which in theory will either boost sales or show that they are not popular enough to actually support (RIP Exrah) because the only thing keeping the sales up was the occasional YJ player (Extremely and highly unlikely).

But I will repeat, it could have been handled better but it was not, only thing left to do is be a little bit patient, you probably have something unpainted anyway you can get fixed up in the mean time :)!

Stiopa likes this.
  17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No, give it 180º. The company does not say anything to the shareholders, they implement a new strategy that makes some nervous, the shareholders sell the moment that strategy is being implemented.

Also, the law is about privileged information, but what is said in official shareholders meetings seldom qualifies as such.

And yeah, CB is limited company, but hey, I was answering another user, not engaging in objective, literal truth... that would have been unproductive to the argument.

18. Hecaton

Just because it would be really convenient for the CB apologists for this to be true doesn't make it so.

Aldo and xagroth like this.
  19. SpecOps Birolla

SpecOps Birolla Well-Known Member

I don't understand this.

Comparing YJ now having one sectorial (ISS) to Aleph only having Steel Phalanx is like comparing apples to oranges.
    A more fitting comparison would be if Aleph had Vedic and SP, only to gut SP from Aleph and turning it into his own thing because "there is no noticeable overlap betweep SP and Vanilla Aleph"
    Same could be said for any other sectorial in the game(morats from CA, MO from PanO etc).

On the business side I won't speak, since I don't have the numbers. We'll se in this year's campaign if the split JSA/YJ works in the game's favour, because even before YJ wasn't the most popular faction at all

Kallas likes this.
  20. Telcontar

Again with the strawmen and bad faith arguements. I have nowhere said they can do nothing wrong. I didn't even say they did nothing wrong. I said they presented you with a solution that ensured that none of your purchases were invalidated.

All you guys is set up ridiculous strawmen (like proxying umbra samaritians with your jsa models) oder your arguement above.
    The only proper point scoring arguements on "your side" so far have been:
    - Aragoto do nothing for Yu Jing players now
    - Timing of the Shikami release

Am I happy with the proxying solution? No. Do I think uprising will make the game better in the long run? yes.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation