1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pack it up boys and girls, Invincible Army isn't next

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HouseOfKings, Mar 24, 2018.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Moreover I do not think the "joke" lists are that many.

Most people save lists they want to try out and data mining can be more efficient, regardless of all that do you really think CB reached present day by been stupid?

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

We've already been over how the entire JSA event has been so poorly run and their inability to handle the community backlash has been so bad it can very easily be labeled as stupid. You'd hope not, but there it is.

They're not joke lists either, but they're not representative of the final product that actually hits the table. I was sitting in the LGS today assembling the models. The store owner spent 3 hours saving and resaving different list iterations for a tournament next week. He's saved over a dozen different list variations but he's only settled on two of them to actually be worth taking onto the table top. Taking all of this saved data as actual legitimate lists would be an utterly stupid move, so I'm hoping that you're entirely wrong and they only used reported data from events.

3. psychoticstorm

First of all that is great, not only the user shows what units he considers and then drops and what loadouts, secondary how many people you think use Infinity Army and "over a dozen" would severely impact the data?

Also why you think data is not looked in depth including if it is used in ITS and what place it got?

4. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

I fee like there are two feedbacks going at once - one is about lost profiles and competitive impact, but the other is about players with less overall spending power who just lost their units they bought to finish an army.

I think that the first is important but arguable based on strategy and the like, but the second is an issue that really isn't defensible - you shouldn't be selling items as 'yu jing' units when you plan, in a week, to remove them entirely from that army. I think that is where CB could really benefit by apologizing and acknowledging their concern - and the larger community pissing on those players as 'whiny' could take a step back and realize that not everyone has the finances to buy every mini CB puts out, and that sometimes people could only afford the few packs they picked up for a while, so having 1/3rd of them invalidated is kind of a big deal for those players.

Obviously they can try to trade or buy/sell, but the issue remains that CB sold them Yu Jing products and then invalidated them without warning or consideration. That's I think the 2nd group who are being unfairly castigated as 'whiny' by the community for having their purchasing decisions invalidated - nevermind their competitive potential (which is also a valid complaint, but one that can be 'solved' by additional list options CB may release).

5. Triumph

It doesn't matter how hard you want to fanboi this, it impacts the data, it's a terrible idea to do it. Saving lists you have no intention of using for models you don't even own is not an uncommon practice. The fact is we know it happens, we know it screws up the data, is enough reason on its own merit to not do this.

6. psychoticstorm

You understand that I can reply the same and replace the word fanboi with the exact opposite, your argument is based on feelings, in reality the actual data CB collects the last yeas and this is from when army was launched served them well and every time I had the opportunity to look at them correlated with the reality I saw, you might not wanting to accept CB is a capable company that has intelligent individuals that know what they are doing, their success shows they are.

stevenart74 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. tyrannosaurus69

tyrannosaurus69 Flatlined console cowboy

8. Fyeya

That doesn't add anything to the thread - it just makes angry people angrier, and further pollutes the water. This is not how a community makes people want to stay in the game.

9. tyrannosaurus69

Don't think I could make people any angrier.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. psychoticstorm

I really do not get what the picture means, if it was sodium Chloridae I would get it but monosodium glutamate?

In any case it only adds fuel tot he fire so please don't.

stevenart74 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. tyrannosaurus69

They put it on Chinese food - it's known as 'Chinese salt'. Was just trying to lighten the mood, soz.

12. psychoticstorm

Ok first time I hear it.

13. Triumph

In actual reality, CB is polluting the data they collect and damaging their ability to extract useful information from it. Your inability to accept this is what makes you a blind fanboi.

14. Fyeya

Honestly accusing him of 'fanboi' isn't helpful.

I get you're upset, I'm upset mate, but just because someone is a fan of a company and has a different opinion doesn't mean we have to mock them or belittle them.

I think the only good way forward is to be civil, to state clearly our grievance, and then hope CB has the good character to offer some sort of solution, either in the lists, or perhaps good proxy profiles, or maybe just a half decent apology and acknowledgement that they did take the money we spent and gave us something we couldn't use in the army it was advertised for.

The message is poisoned by personal attacks, however, and I would request we remain professional so it doesn't devolve into 'salty YJ' vs 'fanboi' mud slinging.

P-Chan, Xeurian, Furiat and 3 others like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I find your lack of faith ... disturbing.

Also

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

=====
    @psychoticstorm have you taken a statistics class? I have, and someone who saves dozens of lists to only use 2 is polluting the data.

xagroth and Warhydra like this.
  16. psychoticstorm

Only if you care about ITS data and they can see what lists were used in ITS, what I said is they can and do filter their data according to what they look for.

17. Barrin

Barrin Nomadic squirrel
    Warcor

Like or not... You're a warcor, you're a forum moderator and apparently you're a person close to CB. You're a fanboy, be proud of it and deal with it.
    You're desperately trying to handle the situation here. I get it, it's your "job". On the other hand, if you fail to bring some "true wisdom from behind the curtain" and you're not capable to bring relevant arguments by yourself, you cannot do any good in the long run.

Try to imagine, who are your discussion partners or even oponents: disappointed enthusiasts who just lost their money. Yes, it's hard as that... they bought a product which is unusuable in the way it was meant to be used and some of them has it even just for few weeks. At the same time, they are probably well informed about their gaming enviroment and commited enough to lose time here arguing about it.

I can tell you, that before every major gaming event I sit several hours in from of computer, building, saving and cycling lists, mainly in order to use units i don't normally play, because they are sitting on the shelf otherwise for being "suboptimal choices". I often end up with something really unconventional just to get my usual roster, because it works good.

If JSA split was build on this kind of statistics, it was a pretty bad move, but I feel that is not the case right here. CB just wanted some progres and this was the most obvious and simple change that sells well. It wasn't a well timed and communicated event. To be fair, CB at least tried this time. It wasn't enough. And no one in the world can change it in eyes of people strucked by it. Not even you and now probably not even CB representatives. The best for us all would probably to swallow it whole and go on. The fact is that nothing will change.

There might come time when Carlos or other "official guys" will show here or in some video and admitting that they failed in certain ways or at least explaining the details of future plans in more humble way. It's not very likely, but until then we're just loosing time. Everyone. Go play, paint, work, relax, whatever. After all, this was probably a seriously well planned move that will generate huge income and forge old players to cycle their collection. No need for hard feelings, they just need to wait for things to settle and so do we.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So.... they presented the bad and polluted data so that... why?

19. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And how many of those lists are there? And what other data would CB use? They use the tools available to them to inform their decisions, no more, no less. And they will take the decisions they feel are best for their company. If that works for you, bully. If not, there are options and choices available to you.

20. Triumph

You really don't read anything at all do you? You've got to spew whatever first thing comes to your mind in a desperate effort to defend everything and anything that somebody says about your idols.

What other data would CB use? I just said like 5 times in a row they should use the data reported for ITS events because those guarantee the lists provided are actually played and used.

FANBOOOOOIIII DEFENSE FORCE.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation