1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking my FRRM out for a spin

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by rasty, Mar 18, 2018.

1. rasty

rasty Member

Hey guys and gals,
    my local gaming club is hosting an Infinity league and I decided to play with my Merovingians to show the people we still exist :)

So, the first round will be 300 points of Quadrant Control vs. Vanilla Nomads. So far so good, I thought to myself and only then registered the extra rule for the first round, Limited Insertion. O_o Son of a ...

After a bit of tinkering, I came up with the following list:

[​IMG] Runde 1, Quadrant Control, Limited Insertion
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ANACONDA Spitfire + Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / CCW. (2 | 62)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] OPERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (- | 0)
    [​IMG] KNAUF MULTI Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] BRIGADIER BRUANT Lieutenant Molotok, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT (Infiltration) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT (Infiltration) Rifle, Light Shotgun E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Engineer Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

6 SWC | 294 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Anaconda TAG was a must, as it is the most expensive model in the sectorial, giving me some space to take some models cheaper than 30 points. I've decided for the Spitfire version, because I intend to take her up the board, where the rangebands for the HMG might be a bit problematic.
    Knauf will be my Heavy hunter, his MULTI Sniper should hopefully pack enough punch for that.
    Chasseurs, well, obviously ;) I did take only two of them, because otherwise I couldn't get close to 300 points.
    The Moblots are running in a three man link with the Engineer and the Paramedic joining the HMG, the infiltrating Moblots are supporting the Chasseurs with their weaponry being better suited to threaten HI/TAGs

What do you think of this list? Any ideas of improving it or alternative lists?

Cheers
    rasty

#1 rasty, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

So, I can't see your list but your theory seems sound you might want to try Zouaves as well for some more punch but i'll reserve final judgment until i actually see your list.

3. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

You're short 6 points, I would definitely go with the HMG over the Spitfire Anaconda personally.

Additionally, consider Mirage team for Limited Insertion lists, either with or in place of the Anaconda.

Balewolf likes this.
  4. rasty

rasty Member

Thanks for your answers. I fixed the list in the original post, it should be visible now.

I am definitively thinking about the Mirage-5, but I'm not quite sure whrere to take the SWC from. I could scrap Knauf and Bruant for them, but than I would have to take one of the Moblots for LT and lose the MULTI Sniper. When changing the Anaconda for them I only come close to 280 points, because of them counting as two models I'd have to get rid of an other model as well. Hmm...

Taking a Zouave would be great, but sadly they all cost SWC, and I'm already at the limit. I could make the Moblot HMG the LT and change Bruant for a Zouave HMG, but that would leave the LT a little too obvious for my liking.

Cheers
    rasty

#4 rasty, Mar 19, 2018
  5. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a d-bag organizer! Oh wait. :-P

I'd echo
    @macfergusson. Limited Insertion is the perfect place for Mirage-5. I considered dropping the Anaconda, but you have so many spare points with FRRM that it is basically mandatory.
    If I'd be playing this mission setup with the FRRM

[​IMG] Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] EQUIPE MIRAGE-5 . (2 | 69)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] MARGOT AP Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (37)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] DUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (32)
    [​IMG] ANACONDA HMG + Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / CCW. (2 | 64)
    [​IMG] DOZER Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] KNAUF MULTI Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT (Infiltration) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] BRISCARD Lieutenant Marksman Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#5 Commoner1, Mar 19, 2018
  6. rasty

rasty Member

@Commoner1
    Yeah, and I still accuse you of doing it to annoy me :P

At the moment I'm toying around with this list as an alternative to the first one:

[​IMG] Runde 1, Liste 2

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] [​IMG] DUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (32)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Engineer Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT (Infiltration) Rifle, Light Shotgun E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Still a lot of Moblots and a few Mines and E/Maulers to make the Nomads player spend a few orders to circumnavigate or defuse them.

I think I'm going to take both of them with me and let my guts decide.

Cheers
    rasty

7. neoclown

neoclown Artichoke

I'm so happy to see this. We start an escalation league at my local store at the end of this month.

The first match is 200 points limited insertion, no TAGs. It's going to be interesting.

The limited insertion rule lasts for three weeks at 200, 250, and 300 points. The last week isn't limited insertion.

Considering that the first week is FRONTLINE, I figure I could use some Chasseur Minelayers effectively and also grab a core of Loup-Garou. Just thinking out loud really. Since I can't take the Anaconda, my option for big basher is Equipe Mirage-5.

8. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Well to make a LI list for MRRF without an Anaconda, I think Margot and Duroc would be basically mandatory!

9. rasty

rasty Member

So, I had the game tonight and it went quite well. I decided to take the second list with slight modifications, I upgraded the standard Moblot to a Paramedic and the Anaconda got the Spitfire.
    Duroc managed to take out a Kriza Borac before he was obliterated by a Szalamandra and Margot got a Sin Eater and his Paramedic friend out of their sniper nest with a few well placed grenades before holing herself up in a corner and help capturing a quadrant. The Anaconda got really lucky and survived the attacks of the Szalamandra, in return finishing it with two lucky rounds of shooting (got two crits in there and hit with every other shot). All in all Limited Insertion was a nice change to the usual playstyle, but I am not sad that this is the only mission with it for this league.

Sounds like a good plan. I really love the Loup-Garous for their stopping power and it is always satisfying to see them glue an expensive model. Chasseurs are, well, awesome and it is not nice to be on the receiving end of the Mirage-5 treatment.

Cheers
    rasty

#9 rasty, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Commoner1 likes this.
  10. neoclown

neoclown Artichoke

I'm glad your game turned out well!

I'm super new to FRRM and I'm a little nervous about trying them in 3 out of 4 weeks of an escalation league in Limited Insertion. I'm going to post a thread with some team ideas and hopefully get some feedback.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. rasty

rasty Member

@neoclown I've been playing FRRM for a few years now, but have been sidetracked a lot by more flashier armies like the Morat or Acontecimento, but the Merovingians are a fun sectorial with a lot of potential. So with a bit of practice you should do fine.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Swordbrethren

Swordbrethren Member

First time I ever post in here, but I want to say thank you for making this thread. It managed to convince me to try and play FRRM in Limited Insertion. So I did and played a game of Firefight against a Avatar List. It ended up being a bloodbath for both of us and mine opponent winning because of rolling a crit on his last roll. Ended up with mine 23 vs his 25 army points.

This is the list I used for it.
    [​IMG] List 1

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 296 Points

Open in Infinity Army

13. rasty

rasty Member

@Swordbrethren Sounds like one hell of a game. How did the 5 man Moblot link play out for you? I was torn between this option or a three man link and two Moblots with E/Maulers. I decided for the E/Maulers, they allowed me to block a few routes for TAGs/HI, which was quite handy at the moment.

Cheers
    rasty

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Swordbrethren

Swordbrethren Member

@rasty Well, the link leader suffered an unfortunate case of Speculo, which suffered a case of boarding shotgun afterwards. This had broken mine link and I then had to deal with a Avatar at range, so mine Engineer and Paramedic died thanks to that. The remaining two with Boarding Shotgun and Panzerfaust did good, with one of them taking out the Avatar, a M-drone and a E-drone. It seems like it will be a strong link. I hope that the link will survive longer next time I use it.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

For missions for Quadrant Control I would try a list something like:

[​IMG] Triple Threat

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] BRISCARD Lieutenant Marksman Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] BRISCARD Marksman Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] BRISCARD Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    [​IMG] BRISCARD (Forward Observer) Marksman Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] BRISCARD Paramedic (Medikit) Marksman Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] ZOUAVE (Sapper) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

TAG, Mirage-5, Briscard fireteam: fairly mobile fairly expensive and fairly tough units to do the heavy lifting. The Zouave and the Chasseur are nice to slow down the enemy and start the game upfields.
    I hope this helps.

16. rasty

rasty Member

@Swordbrethren Ugh, Speculo and Avatar. Fun all around. But your Moblots seem to have put up a really strong fight. I love them in a Link, though many times the other options are a bit more alluring.

@Káosz Brigodéros Looks like a pretty solid list to me. I somehow completely manage to ignore the Briscards as an option for my Link, but I plan to change that in the future.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation