1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JSA?

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by bladerunner_35, Mar 11, 2018.

1. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Heya!

Great that the rpg gets a personal space on here!

How is the japanese secession affecting the rpg? The core talks about the resentment of the japanese but the Yu Jing part is still very much outdated by not mentioning the greatest geopolitical event in the sphere since...?

How far have the work come on the Yu Jing source book?

stevenart74, Belgrim and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Don't know what could be the modifications but there are some very useful stuff in the Background Section of the Planets of the Human Sphere. . .

While the Old Japan Island Chain on "Old Earth" in the Sol System is quite overlooked, there are ample material useful for the description of Kuraimori "New Japan" Homeland, either as "Contested Rebel Zone" for P.C. who are "Nihonjin Nationalists" or "Interested Sympathizers" (such as Pan-Oceanian Hexa Agitators or "Mercenary Consultants") or even a crack team of "I.S.S. Counter-Terrorism" units sent there to quell the uprising. . .

One of My L.G.S. Players had drawn a crude "Nuclear Orbital Explosion" on a printed map of Shentang Planet that cover more or less the WHOLE of Kuraimori Island-Continent and the coastal sections of Koguryo, but it was just a "Fluff Joke" towards another Player that is a fervid "7 Samurai Fanboy" while She instead plays a ruthless Pheasant Agent inspired by a Wuxia Movie "Invincible Sword-Princess"

More seriously a very possibly useful tidbit in the Planets sections pertains to the Human Edge, where there are description of Frontier Mining Colonies that were settled by Japanese Nationalists to be the more FARAWAY from the "Oppressive Zonghuo Overlords" and that I believe "Evolved" from just "Space Yakuza Hangouts" to be the Headquarters of the Rebel Alliance. . .

Provide the Imperial-State Space Navy will not send there their "Main Fleet Capitol Ship" 死亡星球 死亡星球
    ("sǐwángxīngqiú" or "Death-Star" in Chinese !!) to give these places the "Alderaan Treatment". . .

Now You just have to paint the Invincible Army "Goons" in Pale White, while the Elite Officers are Jet-Black and with suspiciously Red-Glowing Monoblades and then Kempeitai Cloaked Officers with browned vests and Green / Yellow / Blue Mono-Katanas and You are good to go "Infinity Star Wars". . . . .!!!

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

As I understand it the Yu Jing sourcebook is being written now.

I'd be quite surprised if the uprising isn't dealt with at all in there, as none of the wave 2 books are totally finished and Yu Jing isn't one of the ones which the backers have seen (so it's still being written, rather than mostly written and in editing).

4. bladerunner_35

That’s good news. I was sure I had read a preview on Yu Jing but couldn’t find it. Good to hear it is still being written.

5. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Kind of depends if they're working off a timeline. The JSA split might be outside the timeline that the first set of RPG books take place in. That or they'll put it in the Yu Jing source book.

It would be cool to get a scenario based around the split.

#5 Solodice, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  6. AdmiralJCJF

True, but I don't think that the approach they are currently taking ties them into any one specific part of the timeline.

And I'm sure we'll get some scenarios based around the uprising, either published or fan made!

7. bladerunner_35

It would be pretty easy to whip up a scenario involving the evacuation of research personnel involved in the design of the new samurai HI for instance.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

So uprising will be in the Yu Jing book, was in the comments on KS yesterday. Right now Pan0 is with GB then Nomads are next then it should be Yujing. Doesn't sound like uprising was even something CB was planning on doing last year as Modiphius is just now accounting for it by rewriting a part of the YJ source book.

AdmiralJCJF and bladerunner_35 like this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

I must say, I was glad to have this confirmed.

That will be an interesting part of the Yu Jing supplement indeed!

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  10. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Indeed. Though I'm sure most JSA stuff will be in the unaligned books which is fine as there's some in the Core book already if I'm not mistaken.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation