1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity RPG

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by Darkvortex87, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

So, i've finally received the infinity RPG book!

Totally wow. Definitely worth the wait.

530ish page of high quality prints and excellent writing.

I am totally satisfied.

You have already received it? What's your impression?

Mc_Clane likes this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Darkvortex87 Unfortunately, I didn't participate in the kickstarter so no early access for me. Do you think it would be a worthy choice for me to pick one up when the book is released to the rest of the public?

Belgrim likes this.
  3. Darkvortex87

of course it depends on the price it would cost.
    If the price is in the 50-60 euro,i'd say yes even only for the Lore written.
    Of course, if you happen to play rpg with a group, then i can definitely see the buy.
    Right now, i'm still reading it, but from my experience i can say that it is one of the best rpg corebook i saw (and i played rpg since Ad&d

Golem2God likes this.
  4. SoMann

SoMann Member

Is it Lore heavy? (If it is it's a positive thing)

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Darkvortex87

yes. Even if most of the lore is already written in the various rulebook of infinity, there are pieces i cannot remember reading. For example a piece on "Red auctions"

Golem2God likes this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You might be mixing data from other sources. I remember reading about "red markets" in Eclipse Phase about 5-6 years ago, for example. A red market is, quite simply, a black market where only your guns will ensure the deal goes as planned, instead of being ripped off either by an ambush, or by bad goods.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I think the "Red Auctions of Corregidor" were mentioned in fluff, either in original HS, or C:P (my bet in HS).

@xagroth - "Red Auctions" had nothing to do with "red market" you describe. At some point, the Corregidor - being a high-end prison facility -was cut from funding, so they decided to put some of the inmates for sale to the highest bidder. Which, in most cases turned out to be somebody who wanted to exact revenge on those people.
    Definitely not a fragment of their history Corregidor folks are proud of, but it allowed them to cut costs on life support, and at the same time raise some money to keep going (and the even less publicised fact is that while some folks considered unsellable were offered to work for Corregidor - under good supervision! - some undesirables were simply set free. Through a conveinient airlock...)

8. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well... it's Corregidor. Subtle like a brick to the face - and yet quite as effective.

Danger Rose and xagroth like this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Ah, yeah, I remember. I heard about it from Sinpetaca, on the episode devoted to Nomads or/and Corregidor. Best part was how Luis Sarmiento was #1 in bids... all for his death. So they gave him command XD

Danger Rose and jherazob like this.
  11. R-z

R-z Active Member

well that royally screwed up.

12. Darkvortex87

many times the prisoner were bought back by victim's families (yay, revenge!), by prisoner's family or by mafia families.

basically it was a prison bailout where the prisoner could't decide XD

13. R-z

R-z Active Member

so any fluff on the dogfaces?

14. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

Yes, but the usual stuff.

R-z likes this.
  15. R-z

R-z Active Member

Ok how about the mechanics?

16. Darkvortex87

they're basically a template you put on a character for 3 lifepoints.
    you get some stat upgrade, a rank in catfall, some natural ccw, and some minor upgrades/drawbacks.

but nothing particular.

in fact, i believe that the dogfaces in the RPG are quite balanced if compared with the ones from the wargame :)

R-z and Belgrim like this.
  17. R-z

R-z Active Member

how about the transformation how is that handled?

#17 R-z, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  18. Darkvortex87

eh, they transform and gain stats, then at the end of the scene they transform back and become fatigued.
    I can't remember the exact stat increase, though

yesterday i did some studying. Right now i'm on page 170ish. right now i'm reading panoceania lore (i've already read nomads,haqqislam,Ariadna and pano lore).
    there was a bit of rules explaination regarding how to create your Character/how rolls works, but i think it was around 30 page long. the other pages are all illustrations and rpg.

most of the informations were scattered across multiple books (HS, Paradiso, etc) so i'm more than happy to have a single book containing all past lore informations.

if you don't have these old books, and are interested in the lore/fluff, then i suggest you buy this manual just for the sake of it.

PS: as a would be game master, i find very particular the way the game system handles discussions with NPC. the fact of the "talking battle" is really a good solutions for interrogations/tortures but also for back alley questions.

PPS: i am really having difficulties remembering all name of corporations/agencies/places/etc. and also a bit of problems remembering the "combat and wound phases". i'm probably going to do a bit of work for a screen for the master, if Modiphius doen't have it.

PPPS: how do traits functions? i've seen that during the creation of the PC, based on past experience, the PC gains "suggested traits". are those traits used only for roleplay? or those are the traits that give Heat discount on complication?

#18 Darkvortex87, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  19. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Traits are gained during creation based on when you gain a signature skill.

Later you can buy traits as you gain XP.

The traits themselves have a wide variety of functions. Some reduce heat, allow rerolls, give bonus successes, etc.

20. Xestaro

Xestaro Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation