1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I meant PanO aknowledging JSA is not enough for JSA to have had such a successful secession from Yu Jing, you need a lot more good reasons in writing for that, logistic, politic, and in terms of strategical intelligence.

Shiwen likes this.
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Making money is art, working is art and good business is the best art.

All those years of investment in PanO's salt mines finally pay off. The free market finally gets to cash in it's immense stock of NaCl by quelling a sudden peak in demand from the State Empire.
    May the free market relish the fruits of their efforts with delight on this day.

Sponsered by Magna Obra (TM) - now with 8% less chance to sell your soul upon entry!*

*down from an all time high of 133.7%.

Magna Obra - it's only evil if you can't get away with it!

#2342 Teslarod, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Section9, Darkvortex87, eciu and 2 others like this.
  3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And with the probability that the Uprising will be at least a third of the almost 200 page book, there’s a good chance that will be expounded on.

Teslarod likes this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The Japanese seceding from Yu Jing definitely weakens them dramatically... don't know what you're trying to say.

Devrailis and xagroth like this.
  5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wanna bet on that?

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Sure, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

7. nidhoggcl

nidhoggcl Member

It's ironical that's support jsa independence from a dictatorial communist faction, but janpanese it's seen a fascist traditional and monolithic state, and all population rise for archive that. And Pano wants lobby O-12 to weak Yu jing

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Pretty standard "101 How To Exploit Weaker States" for Corporate Democratures. Fascist states on the back heel are easy to exploit and easy to corrupt - as long as you make the correct people rich they won't care about Unequal Treaties.

Teslarod, Melchior and xagroth like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yes, PanO is the ideal someone (and the obvious one, so much cutoffs must have been used. We should expect a whole campaign here in the YJ splatbook for the RPG), but not any someone would do... Ariadna is "too weak" politically (thus ideal to approach, but not so advantageous), while PanO is the obvious choice... I wold like some lines that point to a "masterful complicated plan" in the ways of how the Kuge managed to manipulate a willing PanO and some other votes, ignorant of the 100% of the stuff (extent, means, and the like) during some years until they managed to execute a plan with some margin of error... or make it a desperate premature activation because they were about to be discovered, and managed a pyrrhic victory

Depends. Maybe PanO was focused on the outside of Earth at that time, maybe they didn't have enough money ready, maybe YJ managed to manipulate the situation so they were the only ones able to get Japan, "humiliating" the country that gifted them so many sh*tty actions during WW2. Details on how what is were not abundant, I think, so we should wait for NA2 (if they include some detailed history of the JSA since its incorporation into YJ, to be expanded in the future RPG supplements) for that.
    I agree the Uprising alone, regardless of its final outcome, would weaken YJ. However, removing the JSA as a combat army is less damaging to YJ than the logistical hole the evacuated Japanese civilians, specially the trained ones (electronic engineers and assemblers, designers, programmers, etc...) left behind. Not because JSA was small (there are no data about it, in % of YJ's armed forces) but because that logistical hole is so frigging big.

As for the concessions... anything they could pillage from YJ, hard data on YJ's military and industrial secrets, schematics on YJ's troops... Considering this, do not be surprised if PanO spawns a S5 Remote Presence HI like the Su Jian or the takoyaki from the JSA box.

Let's see what I expect the contents of the book will be:
    • Profiles. I hope the Mercenary Companies won't have the common profiles (Brigadas, Riots, Krakot, Wu Ming...) but if they decide for a self-contained book... 50 pages or more can be spent just in unit profiles and Fireteam options.
    • Photos and drawings. Lots, big ones.
    • Maps. Possibly up to four, one per faction locating them in the galaxy (where do they work/live, etc...)
    • Unit fluff. If they copy/paste (I would expect them to do so, it would be kind of a dick move to force people to buy the JSA box for the fluff of the units when the NA2 books claims to be the official Uprising book), we can expect each of the JSA troops to have at least half a page, and I bet each of the characters in the NA2 armies will get a full page for themselves with either a model photo or a drawing.
    • Dire Foes, all the fluff that has been taken out of the PDFs since they were made publicly available. And expansions that tie that fluff with the Uprising (this was stated somewhere).
    • Missions, at least the Dire Foes ones updated (this was stated somewhere).
    • Mercenary Companies fluff. There are three in the book, and it wouldn't surprise me if they spoke of others as well.
    • Setting development, something that not only includes the Uprising but will have to include stuff from the other factions. History does not happen in a vacuum, after all (an argument I use a lot is that you can't explain the Crusades without explaining religion, and previous history, for example).
    Let's be generous and assume that the rules part of the book (missions, unit profiles, Fireteams, etc...) will take half the book, then let's break the rest in 2 parts: JSA and mercs. Let's assume 2 pages per merc group, plus one per character, more or less 30 pages (StarCo will have more, I'd bet, than the other two)...

Let's hope we get 70 pages of setting fluff (non-unit, non-group), ridden with drawings and photos, but 70 nevertheless. That's a lot of rope available, as the saying goes, to hang oneself or scale a mountain.

Shiwen and Pierzasty like this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

em S5 HI is archaic, why so much focus on S5 for PanO, why would they bring that junk on the battlefield except in dire needs, PanO has perfectly fine S2 HI (like Yu Jing), why on earth would PanO be interested in Daiyokai?

I really think you overestimate how important were the Japanese in the Yu Jing in general, the daiyokai entry fluff from BoW video states they have lost most of their research data, their high end research facilities and their industrial might is in the hands of Yu Jing, if nothing else free Japan looks like pre WW1 Italy a new nation without resources, technology or industrial capability lowering their military standards to match what they can realistically produce.

Daiyokai would most probably be an S2 HI if it was done under Yu Jing.

Personally I believe Yu Jing do not have lost much from the separation, except pride.

A Mão Esquerda and krossaks like this.
  11. Mahtamori

Oh, that one is easy to answer.

S5 HI are much cheaper in points, that's what they're after :)

Abrilete likes this.
  12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

S5 Heavy Infantry=Cool factor

emperorsaistone likes this.
  13. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Do we have the exact date when the preorders will be send ? I would like something more precise than Mid-April

14. Mahtamori

That, too, but S6 = cooler factor, S7 = coolest factor.
    Maghriba is off the charts.

Belgrim and Abrilete like this.
  15. psychoticstorm

They have S7 TAGs and S2 HI with ARM 5 and 6/9 BTS thats their cool factor.

16. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Under Yu Jing Daiokay may had been a remote presence heavy infantery

17. psychoticstorm

Maybe I am not sure they would trust the Japanese with that advanced technology, the JSA had after all a separate R&D section from what the Daiyokai entry suggests, maybe Yu Jing shared some or a lot of information and definitely they would pick up any interesting development the Japanese did, but I am not sure they shared the top technology.

18. Primo

Primo Well-Known Member

No, the Yu Jing version of the Great Demon will be S5 and have Madtraps, I'm not sure that S5 means archaic technology, Yu Jing already has two S5 HI that are state of the art technology, and there's at least one more coming.

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

S5 comes in two flavours, at this time in the game. Before, it was just "old models" like the ones used in Haqquislam, but then, the Su Jian. And the Daiyokai (which I like to call takoyaki XD) is, for the fluff we could read from BoW-Video captures, is the "we lost critical data while fleeing, and cannot build anything better atm". Plus, give it heavy weapons instead of a contender, and it suddenly earns a lot more of respect ;)

You mistake "how important they were" with "how much they managed to take with them". The hole they left in YJ is much bigger than the space they occupy outside of it.

And while their army is smaller, they now have to defend so much less ground.

Daiyokai would most probably be an S2 HI if it was done under Yu Jing.
    [/quote]
    Like the Su Jian? S2 is not always automatically better, nor an improvement over S5, since sometimes you simply cannot compress stuff, and then there is the practicality. There is a reason why you can fit 3 Deva Functionaries in the cost of a single Asura, and Achilles is so valuable there are two subprojects devoted to his protection.

Economy is, after all, the answer to infinite needs with finite resources... or in this case, a single Death Star can be at a single position at any given time, while the hundreds of destroyers that could be crewed by that many soldiers (and the thousands that could be built) could be in a lot more places at once (specially since the amount of opposition they expect to face is severely lacking in big enemy ships).

Rules-wise, yeah. Fluff wise? large hole in R&D, in production of high-end electronics, and tons of things that make power armors possible.

The old adage reads: Amateurs study tactics, devoted study Strategy, true professionals study logistics.

Abrilete and Shiwen like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

For most armies S5 is old technology HI when the technology and industrial capacity of miniaturisation was not there, for Yu Jing, Yan Huo is S5 because its armaments demand the mass, so its high tech but forced to be S5 for practical reasons, Su Jian, I view it as a test-bed Yu Jing have to finally produce their own remote presence TAGs, regardless of what their propaganda says.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation