1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

PanO, seeing that nobody is close to them decides to go for a sprint finish, but gets handed a bottle of water that's too cold and gets a cramp...

Or they decide they're so close they can take it easy, only the ribbon was moved a few hundred yards further away...

There's a very well known parable involving a reptile and a leporid...

Abrilete likes this.
  2. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I mean, almost everyone has AP HMG or its bigger brother MULTI HMG. Especially when it's still a TAG chassis. Not sure if every AP weapon in the setting definitely means teseum (and its import) is involved.

I mean, it's funny until you begin to consider the entire "Acontecimento explodes" thing.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

PanO cannot simply announce they acknowledge something as independent sovereign nation and so be it, this is out of PanO hands and Yu Jing simply could veto PanO, there must be a coalition of major powers to push it to overpower Yu Jing veto, it is a big political chess and one PanO has nothing to gain to do it themselves, I think you see too much value on the things Japanese got from Yu Jing, if they ahd things of great strategic value they would not be a minor power.

For the record I do not know were notion the Kurage station is a space orbital comes from, I do not remember been any space orbital stations on Dawn, but even if they were Yu Jing would not give control to the sole orbital that all their mining companies export tasseum from the planet to Japanese, they were second rate citizens for a reason.

Even if it did happen Yu Jing would simply charter another orbital for whatever cost and build a new one, at worse a minor inconvenience for the next 10-20 years.

Balewolf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@psychoticstorm the explanations that others have given for why this is really good for PanO make more sense to me than what you're saying. My first reaction upon hearing the news was "Well, I guess there's nobody to challenge PanO for the top spot anymore."

Combine that with the fact that the Kuge seem to have politically paralyzed Yu Jing, the whole story paints Yu Jing as tyrannical and at the same time impotent, hardly a good look for a geopolitical entity on the scale of Yu Jing.

#2324 Hecaton, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Dragonstriker and xagroth like this.
  5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Save for the fact that we don't currently have the whole story and won't until we have the book in hand.

Krofna likes this.
  7. Nobunaga3.0

Nobunaga3.0 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer. Another kind forumite has sold me one.

8. Hecaton

That kind of talk can be used to excuse a lot of bad writing and I won't encourage it. Once the book is out the cry will be "Wait until the next one!" and then the next, and then the next...

xagroth likes this.
  9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

What an utterly brilliant idea!

Alright then, wait for the book following the next after the next one.
    Maybe all cooled off and with context released to allow for a properly founded and well laid out opinion for once.

10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Except Infinity's writing is not so deep, so i bet it is "PanO helped JSA and that's it", which is the equivalent of "a wizard did it because reasons"

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

Still, you're reaching a conclusion without having all or even a decent portion of the evidence. That's your right, but drawing conclusions without all of the data is akin to judging the Sistine Chapel while only looking at square foot of the painting.

Mask likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

I am sorry to say it the reasons given for PanO are a bit shallow, PanO has no reason to get involved in this, to be involved it must be given a reason, more so it must be given the approval to do so, more importantly they need to get involved in a way that will not turn out to an actual war with Yu Jing.

I think somehow Yu Jing players give way too much credit to PanO and way too few to the Yu Jing.

Personally I find quite telling that the Japanese Aristocracy is behind this and the result they achieved.

Mask and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. cazboab

If you do things right it won't seem like you did anything...

The PanO weapons and gear in the profiles might be because the Aristocracy bought Pano stuff in secret to make it look like pano interference if the coup failed...

xagroth likes this.
  14. psychoticstorm

The PanO weapons and gear are for units after the nation was declared an independent sovereign entity, not before, guess who decided who is an independent sovereign nation and who is not!

Abrilete and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. A Mão Esquerda

Or could simply be a post-Uprising state of affairs... after all, depending on what territories Japan ends up with, they may not have facilities to produce all of the various weapons and have to buy things on the open market.

16. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Alep...I mean the O-12

17. Hecaton

You also drew a conclusion from limited information. Your position hasn't really been "wait and see" but rather "bow down to CB this is amazing." So when you say that, you're really telling me not to draw a particular conclusion more than anything else.

18. cazboab

Well, it does give a nice symmetry on that front, PanO want Ariadna to be declared their territory, YuJing cast the deciding vote for sovereignty, now a few years later YuJing want the Japanese to fall in line, it goes to a vote...

xagroth and Teslarod like this.
  19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Black Ops (which is what Infinity is all about) require a lot of monitoring and finding the right people to do it. Canada has had problems in their personnel selection, and has disbanded their Black Ops unit at least twice since 2001 due to behavior and/or potential war crimes.

But this story change raises the ante by alluding to what could be war crimes committed by YJ and the Secessionists. I hear about mass graves enough in the real world, so I'd really like to not have that happening in game.

It doesn't surprise me that the remaining Japanese nobility were the ones supporting the Secession. After all, if Japan secedes, those nobles regain a lot of power, maybe even de facto running the country like the Shogun of old.

I agree. But like I said earlier, it's not surprising.

The primary gain I'm seeing is a weakening of Yu Jing.

Not really. All Japan needs to do is get someone to recognize them as an independent nation.

And PanO is the ideal someone.

Yep, that's a very effective offer to PanO.

"PanO helped Japan secede because it would weaken Yu Jing."
    "PanO helped Japan secede because Japan offered trade concessions."
    "PanO helped Japan secede because it wanted to absorb Japan later..."

The writing can be made deep!

sarf, Pierzasty, Stiopa and 3 others like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

If they wanted Japan they would get it in the first place when Japan was looking for anybody to take them except Yu Jing.

And they do not need Japan to secede from Yu Jing to weaken them, even if they had completely failed they would still never again take up arms since Yu Jing would not trust them again to form military units.

It is interesting to see what trade concessions could Japan offer to PanO they do not seem to have much.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation