CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. SpectralOwl

I'd probably do it this way, though Kestrel's weapons are weird so far- almost no Combi or MULTI Rifles or HMGs at all, save on the basic Fennecs and Griffins, and the only confirmed Spitfires are on the Armbots. You could almost do an Acon Combi=Kestrel SMG force at this point with how many KCF seems to have.

Errhile and UpirLihi like this.
  2. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

This litmus test, however, will fail the MO rework and the Bakunin rework, however. Otherwise, I like it, but it is a bit too strict.

3. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, they just announced the weirdest weapon of all: a Multi Red Fury

I'm a big fan of how KFC is displaying PanO's technological superiority while enveloping a reworked SAA tactics-wise. Not a huge fan of a whole range of models being squatted (though I guess you could sorta-kinda 1-for-1 proxy them into KFC?), but mechanically this looks good on the backend.

Modock and Brokenwolf like this.
  4. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

There is a non-zero (and I would say quite high) probability that this is just one of the many mistakes these previews often contain...

5. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

probably that Multi red fury is an errata, like the whole JSA paratrooper dossier, and is written as Red Fury Multi, when Multi usually go first in the name

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Thought so as well, but look at the weapon on the Hetkari render. It has the distinctive Multi Rifle drum on the barrel, just above the front grip

Brokenwolf likes this.
  7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, it seems as odd as a (purely theoretical at this point) Multi Spitfire would.
    I guesstimate it as a Spitfire-ranged, DAM 13 (well, PS 7 in new money) wea[pon with Shock, AP and possibly Burst 1 DA ammo.

Also, we have had some technological advance in the 5+ years since Shattergrounds.
    Advancing Multi tech to fit into a Spitfire / Red Fury frame, rather than just HMG frame doesn't seem ilke a big deal. Especially if you compare it to plasma carbines being issued to some JSA troops...

Brokenwolf, burlesford and Stiopa like this.
  8. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Absolutely, never even thought you weren’t respecting other people opinion :) And I fully appreciate your or Time Bandit perspectives. My first message in this post was exactly that. It’s perfectly and fully legit to be pissed.

You have your minis, that you love. You have your sectorial, that you love playing. And out of a sudden you’re stripped away from it.

That’s more than enough to be pissed.

Stiopa and fari like this.
  9. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

If I'm following: CB knows what's best for serving customers and, therefore, will make the best tough decisions to server those customers. However, I think you are making a leap of faith there that CB knows best and I think companies can make bad business decisions. Customers should voice their displeasure, especially in regards to the broken promises of rules support with a revolving catalog. Which leads me into my next point:

I have an huge issue with this. You said effectively the same thing about the uprising leaks, which all were proven true. And I can't remember you take on the N4 Sectorial leaks, but I imagine that you would say the say about the same: Be level-headed and wait for the the full release.

But I think as a customer or supporter of that's truly bad advice. Allows me my own leap of faith here: It's obvious that outcry following the leaks around missing sectorials in N4 were true, after the response of the community. So I would encourage anyone who has suddenly found themselves with a mountain of unsuppported metal or who just wants to see Corvus belli succeed by building a solid game with a trustworthy name: to voice your displeasure now and often, that leads to change. (And not just here, CB has mentioned in the past that the forums represent a very small part of their community, and they prefer to hear from the larger body on Facebook/Twitter) If you think my guess about the N4 Sectorial leak (which I linked to Koni's response on above) requires to much of a jump: keep in mind that Corvus Belli directly implemented FAQs with regular updates. And we got far more communication from Koni in the forums about the faction going OOP then we ever saw in the past.

Which is why this is so hard to swallow:

Communication has gotten lax. I am surprised something as large as 'we are not supporting a number of sectorials we previously had said we would, they are as follows..." Prior to N5 even launching. I won't speculate that their isn't anything other than ignorance on the part of Corvus Belli here, but it does seem odd that something so monumental has slipped their mind regarding open and honest communication with the community. In any event, if I can't trust their word on rules support, what's to say they won't cut support for proxies in the future. Afterall, If people aren't buying new models from Corvus Belli because they can besimply proxy the new rules and sectorials that are released, it would make good business sense to encourage people to spend money by cancelling it.

Which is not to say the will or that I really believe they will soon, but to illustrate why I think building a solid brand on trust and fundamentals such as: supporting the models you release. Is probably a better way to server customer in the long term, rather then a boom bust cycle of releases that rely discontinuing previous products ad nauseum or jamming tons of thematically off models into as many factions as possible to increase sales.

Psychoticstorm I don't want you to take the quotes personally, but you very nicely explain the viewpoint that is opposite to mine, allowing me to use it as a nice framework for crafting my points. Just as an aside though, are you an employee of Corvus Belli? I'm never really sure how to read your commentary. It's not a crime by any means to agree with Corvus Bellis changes or to at the very least be unbothered by them, there are plenty of non-moderators who do, but I do think it makes the difference if there is a relationship with the company in question.

10. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

I dunno, there's a thread in the PanO subforum that asks people what they want to see in a revised PanO, and KCF has incorporated a ton of these suggestions. One of them was more ammo types on guns. In that context, the multi red fury makes sense.

That said, the JSA paratrooper in the same video is listed as having an SMG that looks suspiciously like a boarding shotgun, so who knows.

11. micropoint

micropoint Active Member

Well, as a general statement "best for CB is best for customers" can kinda be true, lot of players are needed to push the game and buy stuff and so on, and a good game will probably do that, reality is of course more complex, those who were running any of removed sectorials are rightfully pissed, more so if lost sectorials were their main focus and the moment to talk about the frustration is pretty much now when the information is still fresh.

I was angry couple of days ago, though personally I'm over 4.5 stages of grief by now, it seems I just don't care enough, though I'm 110% sure there are quite a few gentlemen here who have invested far more time and money to game and will thus feel more strongly concerning of course.

I guess I'll make a couple of Vanilla lists and see if/when Acon/Varuna comes back, and will play RPGs as the main thing for foreseeable future, N5 just isn't enough for get me super excited as two of my sectorials are gone, and I will probably get few games from my current collection and slowly drift away from N5 and come back to check N6 once it's out. Though, you never know how things go, if suddenly new Players appear from nowhere and want to play a lot, maybe I will.

100% agree on communication being important and I wonder why so many companies look over this, when it's actually pretty easy and cheap thing to do and can increase sales and decrease customer "pissed-offness" quite a bit, and CB have a likable guy like Bostria, I mean just put a couple of videos out there saying, "so yea, this is gonna be this and that is gonna be that and so on and so forth".

Peace.

Daireann and Nimlothautle like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation