September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. SpectralOwl

Crux are in KCF, we saw them already. I missed Joan, but it seems you missed one for SWF too- they have Nisses, Karhu and Nokken. Also, arguably Locusts now!?

Regardless, a grand total of *five* units of crossover with two entire Sectorials is pretty miserable. I think I may just write the rules for the neglected PanO Sectorials myself at this rate.

UpirLihi and Time Bandit like this.
  2. Quiet Professional

Quiet Professional HI enthusiast

Correct. That is how I understand it too. Bonuses apply to pure composition only, based around the number of troopers. The keyword lets a player know that such trooper can form a fireteam with bonuses. Easy enough to understand.

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

For the same reason we have keywords right now to count different units as been the same.

A bit wrong.

• 3 Griffin are lvl3 Haris (3 troops from the same unit, easy) Correct
    • 2 Griffin and Hetkari are lvl2 Haris (2 troops from the same unit, one outlier) Correct
    • 2 Griffin and a Firefly are lvl3 Haris (2 troops from the same unit, plus Firefly counting towards lvl3 because of Kestrel keyword) are lvl2 Haris (2 troops from the same unit, one outlier)
    • Griffin, Firefly, and Hetkari are lvl2 Haris (either Griffin or Hetkari can count as lvl1, and Firefly provides second trooper for that lvl2) are lvl1 Haris (three different units)
    • Firefly, Hetkari, and Quinn are lvl3 Haris again (Hetkari for lvl1, two troopers with Kestrel keyword to bring it to lvl3) are lvl2 Haris (2 troops sharing the same keyword, one outlier)
    • Griffin, Hetkari, Pathfinder are lvl1 Haris (three different units) correct

Sungwon, saint, fari and 2 others like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Why? sounds about right, as people demanded more exclusive units for sectorials, to make them unique.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Well, I was a little more emotional than necessary. We could try to find, what Bostria said, but that doesn't make anyone feel better. But it was not community words only. In your message it was word "might" also.
    And ok. 3+1generic it suppose to be then. I forgot to count it.

Painful period for some of us. I am still on the side of people who lost their armies. I could understand them completely. So, we need time. Yet I think some ofnthe remained forces are strange.

To talk about other things, I am really waiting to see, what would be in sectorials. Worried, but have better hopes. May be it is better to not leave us with our own thoughts for too long x(

UpirLihi likes this.
  6. SpectralOwl

"More" is not "nearly all". Especially when almost all of Kestrel is there! Hell, there's more exclusive to Vanilla than there is unique to Kestrel!

UpirLihi likes this.
  7. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

So two Tikbalangs would get a Duo bonus?

I’m really not sure about that. But we’re all speculating at this moment. At no point this has been confirmed.

Fluff wise it makes also sense that the unit bracket is what derives Bonuses, and not the units.

Troopers that are trained to worked together are more organised, more synchronised.

Tikbalang is a hunter. It’s not used to work in coordination with another Tik. He doesn’t get the bonus.

The Griffins and Fuslier are trained to work together. While the Black AIR are a support unit —> two of them wouldn’t be providing bonus

Edit: in the video, when talking about the 3+2 at 17:00 Bostria clearly says “not labelled as Fusiliers”

So I’m pretty much convinced it’s the label that counts.

#1127 Bignoob, Oct 15, 2024 at 7:15 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 8:13 AM
    Daireann likes this.
  8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Shells were never "smart proximity fuses", the template represented the scatter from shotguns

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Every vanilla has all the Reinforcements boxes profiles, then Kestrel thrown in PanO. Almost like the decision about what to include in vanilla was taken with a selling boxes mindset more than a game balance one

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I must say I'm not happy with that (apparently I'd like me some more simulation in the porrige ;)) but I guess I can see the point.

So be it.
    I can live with shotguns effectively firing grenades (note: it woud have been better - in my opinion - if they weren't same size as missile / rocket / grenade templates. Though, of course, it'd mean we need a different, smaller template in the game).

If the Boarding and Heavy Shotguns keep their increased damage (DAM 14 / PS 6 and DAM 15 / PS 5 respecively) in Blast Mode, they'll be actually giving out more bang than grenades (DAM 13 / PS 7)...

#1130 Errhile, Oct 15, 2024 at 9:22 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:31 AM
    Cadwallon and Stiopa like this.
  11. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Nope. N2 rulebook, page 179:

"Shotguns are loaded with flechette ammo, a wide calibre cartridge
    full of little pointed and aerodynamic bullets, with sharpened fins.
    The special design of flechettes makes them spin as they go through
    space and when penetrating their target’s body, causing severe
    internal damage and provoking strong hydrostatic shock. Shotguns
    are equipped with a laser target selector that transmits data to the
    cartridge situated in the chamber.

The cartridge has a simple proximity detector that detonates it
    when approaching the target, projecting a cloud of flechettes that
    saturates the surrounding area.
    Shotguns, due to their heavy
    cartridges, only have automatic firing in short bursts. The Boarding
    Shotgun, a more powerful weapon with a higher range, has been
    designed for assault and close combat. Heavy Shotguns are
    weapons of huge size and caliber which are usually mounted on
    vehicles for support operations."

N3 had a roughly similar description. It's only removed in N4, along with impact teardrop templates.

12. Bignoob

Fluff supporting game rule and design. I like that

13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Ok, I stand corrected. So, still with Kestrel fireteam as example, including Bipandra and/or Quinn will disrupt fireteam purity with Griffins and Hetkari, but not with Fireflies.

Simple scatter would start just as the shot leaves the barrel, which is how it was reworked in N4. Airburst munition exploding in midair just before the target was how it was explained as far as I can remember, at least since N2.

Two troops from the same unit in a fireteam, straight up lvl2 Duo, so yeah, I say they get a bonus.

#1133 Stiopa, Oct 15, 2024 at 9:35 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:42 AM
  14. Bignoob

Are you supposing or are you confirming?
    Because as stated in my previous message Bostria mentioned at 17:00 “2 units not labelled as Fusilier”. And this hints that the label is the defining factor. Or else he would have said “2 guys aren’t fusiliers / aren’t the same unit profile”

15. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm supposing, for any confirmation we'll have to wait. But it's an educated guess, and I think you're reading too much into the exact words of Bostria. He talks in a specific way and phrases things differently. For example, look how often he says "ok", when things are definitely not ok :D

#1135 Stiopa, Oct 15, 2024 at 10:08 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 10:18 AM
    Quiet Professional and Errhile like this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The more you know, my bad. Thanks for the correction

17. Bignoob

You got a point there ;)
    Yeah let's see

18. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I make a full core of 5 Senkus. They dont have keyword. But they are all the same, so lvl 5 bonuses

The same with the tikbalangs. 2 figures of the same units, Lvl 2 bonuses, even without keyword

19. Bignoob

Same question as for Stiopa.

Are you assuming or are you confirming? :)

20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

You really think that a 5 men core, all of the same unit, are not getting lvl 5 bonuses just because they dont have a keyword?

If that is true, PanO part of the box is really unbalanced. Im pretty sure that the purity of the fireteams will go by the number of similar units, and not only the keyword.

Edit: I missed an only in the last part

#1140 fari, Oct 15, 2024 at 11:46 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation