CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Let's be real. For two years now they've been focusing on two sectorial a year. That will mean years between visits with the current lineup. That's life support.

2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Same. Weeks ago i was counting units in CHA and found that only 3 are trully sectorial exclusive, Greys, Mormaers and Isobel McGregor. Cameronian is a basic dog warrior, so could be extrapolated to N5 from Mc Murrough or russian dog warriors and Wulvers can be done the same with the Defiance Character available in TAK and Kosmo. I can remade that 3 profiles to N5, they're not too special.

Im sure other axed sectorials could be redone in the same way

3. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Hopefully they provide suggestions for proxies.

Errhile likes this.
  4. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I live in hope of a legends type non competitive set of lists with the lost sectorials added in there.

My sympathies to those who are upset and affected by the loss of their armies. I am mourning my Varuna and NCA. I never minded the number of armies and profiles. I play games with literally ten times as many (not hyperbole) so it didn’t bother me. I’d argue that adding profiles with better rules is more detrimental than having a multitude of armies.

Oh well. I will wait to see what else happens.

5. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If someone at CB had some business sense, they could've monetized on OOP sectorials without any SKU bloat and stupidly minimal investment. CHA is OOP in store, but you can buy Dog Soldiers box and this STL upgrade pack we sell and print second set of arms/heads and make them Cameronians. Or buy Fusiliers and our set of heads and arms to make them in Regulars. You don't have a printer, no worries our parters at Warsenal/Customeeple or whoever have merchant licence to print these parts for you. Stuff like that. Freaking Mantic is doing STLs, this is the future of tabletop, someone at CB just needs to realise that.

6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

And also they included OOP troops in Vanilla Ariadna, why? How?

injenegr likes this.
  7. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Would that help because it could probably be done.

The thing is CB could have already done this since the quite generous proxy rules mean you can run Fusiliers as Regulars and it's fine. For whatever reason CB have decided to retire some sectorials and their profiles for now, the minis that used to represent those units can be used to represent others.

Regulars for example become Fusiliers in Jungle Camo or Fenics, it's up to you.

8. LaughinGod

Warcor

@deep-green-x I was talking about monetization of OOP sectorials and keeping them in the game without keeping their miniatures in the catalogue. You are talking about something completely unrelated.

9. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

No, I'm telling you that the number of factions and sectorials was OK to support for a while but because it is continously growing, it obviously reaches a point where it is not possible anymore. And this point seems to be now. As simple as that... I mean, it was obvious already, right? How many properly supported factions and how many left to rot for the past years?

We already heard that for years, about Ko-Dali., about JSA, about Tohaa, about the previously discontinued factions, etc... It's not exactly new, even though this is a lot in one go for N5.

I said twice that I understand your feeling. I wouldn't be happy either in your position. I also said twice that this feeling (once the initial shock passed) could probably be mitigated by the fact you still have your minis, they are still painted and you can still play with them. They were not sent to oblivion, together with their rules.

#29 Child9, Oct 14, 2024 at 5:47 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 5:57 PM
  10. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

I think I'll leave it there, child9, as we seem to be talking past each other.

I don't however think it's in good faith to compare kodali switching sides to the removal of 8 armies from the game.

#30 Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 7:22 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 7:33 PM
  11. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

What is not really in good faith is speaking only about Ko-Dali when I spoke also about JSA or Tohaa, which are very much comparable to what is happening right now.
    It is also not in good faith to say that these armies are "removed from the game" as they will remain playable.
    But yeah, let's agree to disagree.

The Holy Knight and Time Bandit like this.
  12. surfimp

surfimp Active Member

Chat, what is the source for OP's image? I seem to have missed it.

EDIT: Ah, I guess from the On Table Top video posted today.

I'll be bummed if the painstakingly collected FRRM sectorial I've cobbled together from OOS eBay purchases is no longer playable, but hopeful that my favorite miniatures will still be playable in some engrossing form. I guess I have to wait and see what happens when Infinity Army is updated.

#32 surfimp, Oct 14, 2024 at 7:46 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 7:52 PM
  13. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

@Wizzy post:

surfimp likes this.
  14. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I feel you. VIRD was my entry in Infinity.

The Kamaus have completely disappeared, but at least most of the sectorial is in Vanilla.

SAA however got totally axed. But Bostria introduced that they might come back at a certain point. Which makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised that in N6 Winterfor will disappear to the benefit of SAA.

But what is certain is that my regulars, Kamaus and Bagh Maris will be taking some dust for quite a time :(

In a sense I also understand them. They are a business that needs to sell. I can’t blame them for pushing a new Sectorial for PanO. And I can’t blame either that they create a rule set that balances things outside of NCA (almost entirely in Vanilla), VIRD and SAA.

And in a certain I also find some happiness to have new minis to paint and a new sectorial to play.

15. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

IMO Vanilla PanO should've been structured as mostly NCA, as NCA is PanO's "Home" force that defends the capital. Then add in a smattering of other units from other Sectorials that fill in gaps and tempt people who play Vanilla to try out that Sectorial instead.

Meanwhile you take Varuna and SAA and fold them into one single "Jungle/Aquatic" fighting force. That gives you 4 Sectorials with distinct Identities: KFC with the new more reactive playstyle to represent Colonial struggles, MO with the Elite Space Knights, Varuna/SAA with the tricky units and asymmetrical warfare, and SWF with the Elite MI theme. Then you'd have Vanilla with the Bolts, Aquilla, and Swiss Guard representing the "Best of the best" that guard the Homefront and work with various units from the other ones.

16. LaughinGod

Warcor

I mean if PanO has too many sectorials why did they add another one? It is stupid storyline where JSA backstabs their saviours ( whose weapons the still use btw ) any other faction could've been an adversary for 2 player box. Something like the new ISS would make 1000 times more sense. It is just bad decision making all round.
    Also so glad my only PanO army is MO.

injenegr and Tristan228 like this.
  17. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Is silly what CB is doing to Pano. Erasing three sectorials and creating a new one is a good idea to get a lot of players upset...:triumph:

18. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

CB doing CB things. Maybe they lost interest in balancing the type of gameplay that make NCA/VIRD special, maybe those units just weren't selling well enough and they had to make a business decision, who knows. They did a very similar thing with MRRF, where they just... stopped making units for it, took the good units and slammed them into Kosmoflot, and then developed that instead.

Though at least that one made some sense narratively, by folding in the rapid reaction force that has off-planet support into the force explicitly designed to go off-planet. JSA backstabbing PanO feels pretty contrived honestly (though jury is still out until we get the full lore update). And I've already talked about how I would've handled the Sectorial shift.

19. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

Upset is a bit very underrated!

My 4 main sectorials i love and play are VIRD, SAA, NCA and Tunguska! Anger is almost on Khorne levels atm

20. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Trying to put myself in their shoes.

- Base Assumption: PanO sells very well (if not sells more than any other faction)
    - Make money with new ruleset? New exclusive troopers PanO and JSA
    - A recasting of SAA or NCA wouldn’t sell as well as a brand new sectorial as a lot of players already have the minis —> need a brand new one
    - But now too many sectorials -> too hard to maintain balance -> axe SAA, and merge NCA and VIRD in Vanilla

Sure we’d all have preferred that SAA remained. That Kamaus and Hexas stayed. But is it a bad decision for them? Is it a bad decision for the game (as gameplay experience)? That’s to be seen.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation