September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Exactly, and that's the prospect I'm really looking forward into

2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

that sound strange to me, seeing that are some FT in the new charts that dont have troop tags, like the kestrel FT (only the firefly have the tag) or the senku FT, so i imagine the bonuses will work by number of same troops and not by the name of the fireteam

3. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

I think the bonuses actually depend on the number of troops tagged in the name of the Fireteam. From what we see, the more the Fireteam is made up of basic troops, the more bonuses it can obtain. Indeed in the images presented there are few elites or support which allows the bonuses to progress.

Brokenwolf and Space Ranger like this.
  4. Bignoob

Theres also Bipandra and Quinn with Kestrel name on it. And all fireteams have the brackets that are equal to the FT name except the Armoured FT.

This would mean that you can get absolutely no bonus for your Tags except that they move together.

I think it makes sense.

Edit: anyway the video just dropped

We'll be getting our answers right now

Errhile, Azakel, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  5. Azakel

Azakel Well-Known Member

It seems to remain as before...purity is determined by the troops and not only troops with the name of the Fireteam.

This is what I seemed to understand since they have not explained that it is determined in a new way and Bostria talks about infinite possibilities for Duos.

#1085 Azakel, Oct 14, 2024 at 6:15 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 6:22 PM
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Wow so a Duo gets +1 burst (remove one) as long as they are made up of certain troops!

Just an Example. No idea of Shang Ji will “count as” Invincibles anymore.

1 Zuyong + 1-4 Shang Ji: get Movement all together
    2 Zuyong + 0-3 Shang Ji: +1 Burst, remove 1.
    3 Zuyong + 0-2 Shang Ji: +3 discover, +1 Dodge.
    4 Zuyong + 0-1 Shang Ji: +1 BS.
    5 Zuyong: Sixth Sense.

Hope Yu Jing continues the trend of having a lot of Duos!

Daireann likes this.
  7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

What if I would like to get fennec pure fireteam. Would we get some of them in swc version? (I doubt... Why?.. Who knows.)

But I really like idea of smaller fireteams sometime. Especially duo. I like to imagine things on the game table in pictures. I see how lieutent in saying something like: "Go in pairs. Cover each other. On the roof would be our man. He would cover if possible..."

#1087 Daireann, Oct 14, 2024 at 6:45 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 6:53 PM
    Space Ranger and Bignoob like this.
  8. Bignoob

I don't know. I don't have the impression they clarified that, but I might have missed something

Quiet Professional likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

That's what I got from it. A Griffin for example counts as a Fennec for the purpose of Fireteam bonuses. So 2 Fennec Fusiliers +1 Griffin +1 Bipandra +1 Quinn, will have all team bonuses.

Quiet Professional and archon like this.
  10. Azakel

Azakel Well-Known Member

The question is whether 2 Griffins can make a pure Duo on a Kestrel fireteam despite not having the name of the fireteam...for example.

Bignoob likes this.
  11. Bignoob

We all agree on that. But that’s not the thing we’re unsure about. Azakel points out what is still unclear

Or if for example a Harris with 1 fusilier and 2 Black AIR count as 1 or 2 levels of purity.

12. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

They made no mention of the name of the fireteam mattering in the video, so it seems like it's just whichever has the highest Pure bonus counts for the whole team.

As an aside: Griffins are AVA 1 in the Fennec Fireteam, so it doesn't matter specifically for them. A fireteam of 1 Fennec and 2 Black AIR, however, would presumably benefit from the level 2 bonus.

EDIT: Misread the quote a bit; 2 Griffins not getting Duo bonus because they don't have the "Kestrel" tag would seem very silly to me.

13. Space Ranger

I would think yes because they are the same troop. But not if you had a Firefly + Griffin. The ColCorp allows for mixing the two troops.

You can have a pure Kestrel duo of Firefly + Bipandra or Quinn too.

[​IMG]

14. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the system changes so far, but we will see the full impact on the table much later, probably at least few weeks after N5 has dropped. Without having the point costs and the profile changes, current speculations are basically useless. I expect to see more TAGs on the board, but this is a gut feeling.

One serious question that remains to be answered is what cuts we will see within the existing sectorials. How many of them will loose mercenaries and potentially other units? Are SP the only sectorial who pulled the short stick and lost several units? And whether existing factions will provide asylum for some of the units of the squatted factions.

In particular - will Tohaa provide space for some of the Spiral Corps units and will we see the StarCo and ForCo characters someplace else? StarCo in Corregidor was teased already, but in a very non-committed way. Other characters like Le Muet are also missing and I expect that at least some may be permanently retired. .

Rather puzzling is the situation with Caledonia, who got a whole novel and then got squatted and there doesn't seem to be a good alternative space for them. If any faction is coming back, they are a prime candidate, but this will be likely after the ISS rework and maybe Tohaa return.

#1094 UpirLihi, Oct 14, 2024 at 7:38 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 7:58 PM
  15. Space Ranger

It seems pretty clear to me that it only counts as 1 level. You would need at least two "Fennec" troops to count as level 2. By looking at the art with the grey troops. The grey troops are the ones that the team is named. So 1 Fusilier (Fennec) + 1 Griffin (Fennec) + 1 Black AIR, counts as level 2. Add one more Fusilier it's level 3, etc.

16. Bignoob

Ah but I agree, I have the same impression as I mentioned in a previous post, but ther isn't unanimity on this!

17. Delta57Dash

They never stated that the Grey unit was the ones that the team was named. That's an assumption on your part. The only thing mentioned in the video is the "Purity" of the fireteam, which would imply the N4 rules for Purity where it's number of dudes who count as the same.

For example: the KFC's "Armored Fireteam" has 0 units that count as "Armored." This would be odd if the name of the fireteam mattered.

18. Space Ranger

You guys are correct. But by seeing how the Grey troops goes up in number with the bonus, I think I can extrapolate that the Grey troops are the "named" troops. I'm not saying what this is. It's what I think it is based on the information we have at the moment. Yes I can see what you mean about the Griffin not having they name "Kestrel". But I think it's mostly to keep you from being able to get the bonus while mixed with the Firefly. Again, just my thoughts. I think for Vanilla, there's going to be very few troops that count as each other. So Yu Jing might have a lot of duos again but many might be a max of 1 and not count as each other. Sure I could possibly have a duo of just Zhanshi but is it worth it?

I think, again my thoughts, that if you have two Tikbalang or two Squalo, you get the bonus. But not if you took one of each or mixed with the others. Sure, it might seem great that the Tik or Squalo gets the bonus, but you are also paying a huge amount for doing what might not be all that helpful.

[​IMG]

Quiet Professional likes this.
  19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Note: the (N5) Multirifle ORC used as the example is priced at 28 pts.
    Compared to the profile's current (N4) cost 31pts.

Interesting.

Edit: in N3, cost of the same loadout was 40 pts.
    Looks like a trend.

#1099 Errhile, Oct 14, 2024 at 8:28 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 11:30 AM
  20. Delta57Dash

This would also put the HMG Orc at 34, which matches up pretty well with the Griffin's 37 (gain MSV1, 3BTS, Terrain (Desert), a Pulzar and Jump 8", lose 2 PH)

So that points to a general HI balance pass, which is a good sign.

Crusader and Brokenwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation