September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Funny how price discussion gets pruned but this is totally on topic somehow? One would say price is a relevant topic for a new release thread but no, not here

2. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

The problem is not about this kind of debate being relevant or not, it's just that as usual it always falls short because discussing it on a forum is a dead end and just taking useful discussion space for nothing. Take the words to Corvus Belli or act on your own (by not buying if you don't agree), but it won't serve any purpose to just constantly speak about how upset are you.

3. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I agree price is indeed an important matter. But I also agree that the way it was discussed wasn’t productive at all. And I admit I fully contributed to it.

In the end it’s all a matter of how people value something. Price is what you pay, value is what you get… And comparing the two is what drive the subjective decision on “is it worth it” or “is it overpriced”.

What I find overpriced (40K), you might not find it overpriced. What you find overpriced, might not be for someone else. And that discussion leads nowhere.

Lady Numiria and burlesford like this.
  4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I never spoke about how upset I am, we were merely discussing prices. And honestly, discussing anything on an online forum is a dead end, so we should just stick to shit posting? And what space was that conversation taking? nonsense about Cthulhu and summoning books?

On top of that I was mainly arguing plastic is better than metal, which again I find a lot more on topic than eldritch shitposting when the new release is sculpted in mixed material

5. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

The discussion was not particularly fruitful but was surely more relevant than Lovecraftianisms. In any case, when comparing different skirmish games, you need to consider more than one factor. Personally, this is what I tend to consider when estimating costs:

Price per model - this is relevant for people who actually enjoy painting and building models.
    Price per model/quality - ratio which gets involved in high level painting and modelling and is important if a significant amount of your customers pro painters, or build dioramas, etc.
    Initial costs and recurring costs - How much do you need in order to start the game. How much do you need in order to continuously play. The latter depends on costs of rulebooks, model wear-and-tear, planned obsolescence of models with Legends rules and what not...
    Performance ratio - how much do you get of your model on the table, given the costs for it. Can it represent different units, can it be used in different armies... This gets in play, since most people get bored of running the same list again and again.

Things I'm not particularly concerned about:

Number of models per box - as long as the line is sufficiently popular, secondary market will provide you with singles just fine.
    Packs with other products and cross-promotions - the odd model with paint packs or comic books is just a nice bonus, not something significantly impacting the cost of your games.

6. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

One discussion was people arguing on the Internet, the other was people having fun on the Internet. That's the big difference in those two topics of conversation.

7. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Still irrelevant and off-topic, unlike the price of the minis or what they're made of.

8. Odiseo

Odiseo ㅤㅤㅤ

From what I understand, it is the "lorebook", the rules will be available for download, as usual, but they will not be printed in a physical book.

UpirLihi and Brokenwolf like this.
  9. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

That and the summoning was actually about the N5 rule book....

Looking forward for the Infinity Week on OnTableTop! It will be great to know how close the speculation we were on Vanilla Aleph, Haqqislam, and Tohaa! That and the official pre-order period for FLGS.

10. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Apologies but the point being made by @saint was neither that the Cthulhu posts were irrelevant or off topic but that they were fun whereas the previous conversation was an argument.

Same. Will be good to see where we stand. I’m especially looking forward to haqqi. Need to see what goes on there.

Brokenwolf, saint, Bignoob and 2 others like this.
  11. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Well, I got that, my point still remains.

12. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I’m not certain it does in regards to the post from @saint. If you’d made a statement without quoting that the Cthulhu posts were irrelevant that would be far different.

As it was the lovecraftian posting was a joke done by a bunch of people trying to summon N5 rules and information into being. Which I’m very much looking forward to seeing as I really would like to know what’s going to happen with some factions as well as all the rules interactions.

13. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get the matter here.
    A bunch of people where joking about something irrelevant (except if we agree that this summoning could actually have an effect on the venue of N5 or if Cthulhu is a new sectorial of CA in N5). Another bunch of people were arguing about something relevant (prices and material of the miniatures). I fail to see how the first if still on the forums while the second gets nuked. But anyway, it's not like it's a big deal, let's not spend the rest of the week-end on it ;)

14. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Some jokes helped to add some air to the room. Nothing bad. It was just a little.

I still have questions about material and scale of miniatures.
    So, scale becomes a little bigger. More metal was used.
    CB used siocast for some details in metal to... Make them cheaper, I guess?..
    At my taste it would be better to keep previous scale and keep details in one material.

Bigger scale - better details. That is a plus. But I can't see much increase in detalisation.
    But after some thoughts I still want PanO part. I just hope new unit with GunBot would be in material I prefer. So, better to watch unboxings for me. And I want to know official position of CB about material, what miniatures would stay in metal and all of that. Previous years they said "s2 - in metal". Now I want some fresh info to be fine and not upset in the future).

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

A five posts light hearted joke about when the N5 book will come that started and ended versus 45 posts of quite confrontational discussion that goes nowhere and serves no actual purpose when it has been already called once to stop.

One can easily see why one was allowed to stay and the other got pruned, now if this devolves in another stream of complain posts about a joke, I will prune those too.

Incidentally as I said you are allowed to start a thread int he off topic section and debate as long as you can remain civil among yourselves.

Correct it is a lore book, now the rules are finally decoupled from a physical form and should follow a "living rulebook" model, theoretically allowing a faster and more responsive attendance to the rules.

16. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Could you give us a copy of the Corvus Codex, so we can know what we can discuss or not? I dont want to be accused of Heresy

Benkei likes this.
  17. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

Asking about the Corvus Codex is heresy. BURN THE HERETIC!!

UpirLihi, Tristan228 and saint like this.
  18. SpectralOwl

I'm of the opinion both topics have value, even if the tone of conversation for one fell a bit out of line. Lively debate about value for money when just about all of the information we've received recently is product marketing rather than game information seems like a reasonable tangent to me, and heavens knows we could all use a few nonsensical eldritch laughs.

If we actually followed the moderator's advice and waited until we had all the information with this drip-feed marketing and a live document system, the four people still doing hobby threads would be the only people still active on the forum. Let's keep having some fun, talk about the game, crack a few jokes. It's not going to hurt anyone.

(King in Yellow Recreation when? Seems like ALEPH's in need of a new mythology!)

19. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

About lore book: Some early buyers shared that there's a mini-campaign in it with custom missions. So it's kinda not fully a lorebook... more like a campaign book.

20. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Since raveneye there's always a set of 3-5 missions in the books.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation