September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Having the tactical rocks plastic, as they are generally chunky, but less detailed was a great solution. And being separate means people can also exchange them for their own bases, reposition the model etc...

Siocast has issues with details, mechanical properties and moldlines, but for bases and scenery, that's easier to repair and the shapes are less fragile, eliminating practically all the drawbacks. While pewter is heavy and expensive to pour into just simple box shapes.

Overall it was the best approach. I do not understand why are we seeing big chunky metal tactical rocks again and random plastic parts on actual miniatures.

Gunmage, Gwynbleidd, Modock and 3 others like this.
  2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

So as a not too random guess, maybe to have the center of mass not too high over base? :thinking_face:
    Also given how e.g. the Yamabushi perches on his terrain piece it might just be a bow to the customer's QOL feelings to have that in one piece instead of forcing them to do a quite fiddly glue job maybe even combined with some pinning.

Crusader and Errhile like this.
  3. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I don't mind plastic parts, less parts where paint can chip is a good thing IMO. Problem is, siocast is crap even for this. My Torchlight backpacks were not good. But since CB spent like 50k for that machine we are stuck with that material for foreseeable future.

4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I really dislike mixed materials in miniatures. It looks like crap when unpainted

Daireann, SpectralOwl and UpirLihi like this.
  5. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

On the dark net, I've seen several people talking about the fact that they hadn't received the rules in the sandtrad box, which posed a problem for demos. I think that CB's wish is that people should demo from the QSR version of the Essential box and not directly from the N5, which is why they didn't ask about this at Essen 24. So you have to download the QSR, which can either be found in the box eventually or online. Personally, I don't know, I'm not one of the chosen few.

For the info, I've updated post 1 with the release of the safe&sound box for October.

I've also added the N5 previews, which makes the post unreasonably long.

And a reminder of next week's stuff (there are rumours on the streets of the dark net that koni is on holiday all this week so don't expect anything):
    [​IMG]

And a article by goonhammer : Infinity Opinions: A Fond Farewell to Infinity N4
    https://www.goonhammer.com/infinity-opinions-a-fond-farewell-to-infinity-n4/

#945 Wizzy, Oct 9, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2024
  6. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

https://store.corvusbelli.com/en/infinity/wargame/packs/o-12-torchlight-brigade-action-pack

I've checked discription of Torchlight action pack...
    "This box includes 9 miniatures of the Torchlight Brigade Sectorial Army from the O-12 faction; 8 of them in metal and one in injected thermoplastic".
    No info about parts of the miniatures would be in thermoplastic. Only "The Silverstar Prime is in injected thermoplastic". The others are mentioned as metal.
    CB is better to fix that.

I am a little sad. Gladly I did not bought them.
    Otherwise I could say much worse things that CB don't desurve even in this case.
    Better to give people proper information about products.

7. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

See CB, this is what happens when you stop releasing those sweet, sweet previews. Give us something more to talk about, please!

8. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Other things that can happen without more previews include me attempting to summon great old ones, doomsaying, eating large quantities of cake and brooding upon the throne of aquilonia with a troubled brow… (bonus points for anyone getting the last reference).

saint and Brokenwolf like this.
  9. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Sure, Conan. ;)

Gwynbleidd and Brokenwolf like this.
  10. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

See, all I can think of for Greystoke is Tarzan, so I want a guy swinging from tree to tree with some antipode companions or something. :)

11. Graves

Graves Member

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was strange that the Operation Sandtrap box didn't come with any quickstart rules. I was able to get an early copy to demo games at my local club, but it's odd to offer that opportunity without the material to facilitate it. I know there's a pdf; I'll print the relevant sections out and use that, but not everyone has the ability to do so.

Gwynbleidd and Gio like this.
  12. Daireann

"Am I a joke for you?! “

Bignoob and Abrilete like this.
  13. fari

Is not a tank. Is a S4 remote with panzerfaust and autocannon hahaha

Bignoob and Abrilete like this.
  14. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

looks like a joke, indeed! :D

Time Bandit, UpirLihi and Daireann like this.
  15. Daireann

It would grow into a full tank. You know... This Ariadna things.

16. fari

naaahhh, they already have a TAG

17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Give it up guys. Obviously, no one is going to a change their minds on this.

On topic: I’m surprised we haven’t seen any more videos this week or even any more peeks. They should have at least spread out the ones they did more to have hype all the way until release.

18. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Pre-ordered through Warsenal (hopefully they're ok after the hurricane) and am super excited, but capitalism has ruined my monkey brain and it's not the same without the dopamine hit of watching the order tracker move along. :sweat_smile:

Gwynbleidd and Abrilete like this.
  19. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Not only for Infinity, Warcrow is also weirdly slow and quiet when it comes to promoting the game considering the game's just getting its first "expansion" and there are several new models around the corner.

#959 Abrilete, Oct 10, 2024 at 4:24 PM
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2024 at 5:15 PM
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Agreed! You are right they should be doing videos and other promotions now. Not just before the game is out. Especially talking about things to come. Right now there's only two forces, neither of which I like. They need to keep me interested in what's coming otherwise I'll forget and move on.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation