September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Another previews for pano.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_2799eed3-bbac-4b06-8abc-190364f50c0d.jpg rn_image_picker_lib_temp_1e480fdd-f73a-459c-9057-00efb27e53cf.jpg rn_image_picker_lib_temp_565c0703-4503-44d7-8586-1a7df50bc5ae.jpg

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You are both right I misremembered.

That is actually really good.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Relic Knights is making a come back! LOL
    [​IMG]

5. Midboss57

Midboss57 Member

Kosmo is a bit odd. I love their unique units, looks wise but do find (outside of paras who fit) that the poached units look a bit strange with KM. My theory for a while was that KM being a combination of Space Units and poached units was a stopgap measure meant to both bulk up KM and toss CHA and MRRF a bone until some day in the distant future where they would get a proper re-release.
    The choice to limit sectorials in N5 leads me to believe that the current status quo of TAK, KM and USA (not officially oop for that last one despite lack of recent releases) are going to be the three official sectorials. MRRF will be the reinforcement guys (like Koreans are for YJ and Exrah are of for Combined Army) and CHA will remain RIP for the time being.

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Preview of a future pano.

[​IMG]
    PXL_20241004_1641165272.png

8. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Plenty scans from dark net.

Canonisation of shatterground campaign
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lore new JSA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lore ariadna in english
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Preview Yu Jing
    [​IMG]

Preview & lore pano
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New planetary map
    [​IMG]

9. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Phahahah. Numiria and the dolphins are now canon. Good job, CB!

Lore continues to be very solid, although I did not expect PanO to have infiltrator quang shi in the face of the scarecrows and banshees are a bit generic, which brings the question "couldn't you just renew and rework the akalis"? I mean, at this point, if you are going to cut a generic combat jumper and then introduce a generic combat jumper...

Shurayuki, as expected by the name, is a reference to certain character from a couple of old Japanese movies (known in Europe as Lady Snowblood), and this was a bit of an unexpected reference. Initially I expected her to be a potential recreation like Yojimbo. Now I'm waiting to see if Zatoichi will show up from somewhere.

I'm not a fan of the vehicles so far. Open cockpit is a bit too cheesy for something that is meant to be close air support, and the nomad airspark looks like someone assembled an XF-85 Goblin the wrong way and painted it red. Also, do we know, in the lore, if these things use anti-gravity or conventional propulsion?

Oh, and finally have some enka from the OST of Shurayuki-hime

10. Midboss57

Midboss57 Member

So reading the description of the Vystrel, I am getting Siege Tank vibes here in terms of functionality... I am so going to kitbash a Sergeant Hammer to operate this thing.

The map of Shinju reveals some interesting things lore wise. It seems everyone has raced to plant their flag on the surface even the Nomads and Ariadna which is a first for these two factions.

The name Aztlan for the Normads suggests a Latin America vibe hence Corregidor being the Nomad component in this storyline. Maybe they got sick of being cramped in their ship and decided to get in on surface dwelling.

Greystoke for Ariadna is interesting too. An English name for this territory as opposed to a Russian one suggests either USAriadna or Caledonia presence. 50/50 divided which. On on hand, Greystoke is the name of a British castle/village, on the other USAriadna are the desert guys. Could possibly foreshadow some releases for whichever sectorial that is in the near future ?

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Also vehicles look as if they've returned from a race circuit as they do from a battlefield

"in the lore, if these things use anti-gravity or conventional propulsion?"
    Here response of sybilla and rpg book directly.

Looking at the map, I get the feeling that the pano on shinju seems to be on a trip mixing Bretonia and the Crusades.
    And the nomads now have an island and cities, which goes against the spirit of their lore, which emphasizes the nomads' lack of understanding of terrestrial life.

Between the return of Caledonia and the US, the desperadoes were seen in the N5 book, so I'm betting on a reboot of the USa.

12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Greystoke sound surprinsingly Caledonian to me, is strange, but Alatyr is clearly russian. It seems to be a mountain region, and the Caledonians are usually the miners and mountain experts, we will see.

JSA went full expansionist here, so much land.

Nomads named their city Tulum, nice. Good caribbean vibes

About flying bikes, i'll bet that the final miniature will have a closed cockpit, but they wanted to make a beautiful pinup with the pilots

#892 fari, Oct 5, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2024
    Abrilete likes this.
  13. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, it will be an interesting read - how the heck did the Japanese managed to take and hold such vast swatchs of land on a new planet.

14. Quiet Professional

Quiet Professional HI enthusiast

Well of course Nomads have landed planet-side. We need to set up more Arachne nodes to keep the rest of you guys honest & transparent. And to monitor the Combined Army situation (snuggling in bed with O-12).

15. UpirLihi

I'm trying to figure out where the setting is, in terms of this tech. We know that creating artificial gravity is very difficult outside of some basic research, and artificial gravity on ships is done with relatively conventional methods. This said, the opposite may require entirely different technology.

The repulsors are actually mentioned in an awkward place in the book, and seemed to be enhancing the hovercraft's skirts. But now we see vehicles with no skirts at all, which raises the question, are we seeing the apollonium quantum vortex tricks again, did Human Space figure antigravity, or do they make anything under them into finely cooked mash.

16. Errhile

Yes, but which book are you referring to, and what point of the timeline is it set at?

UpirLihi likes this.
  17. UpirLihi

Main RPG book, which describes the setting shortly before uprising. So some time has passed and I'm wondering if the tech has shifted and how much.

Daireann and Errhile like this.
  18. Midboss57

Midboss57 Member

Ariadna can hold territory bigger than Russia and China combined with the population of New York. Assuming comparable number to current pop, Japan literally has over ten times that.

More seriously, I'm assuming Japan was first to arrive and basically went all in for a chance to have their own planet. Other factions have to juggle multiple worlds their own. I also imagine the bigger factions are constantly getting in each other's way, and other powers would covertly support Japan for a balance of power thing. Nomads and Haqqislam probably don't want Panoceania and Yu Jing to get more planets. I can almost imagine Ariadna thinking 'Maybe they'll frig off Dawn if they have their own planet'. Or maybe they're holding that territory and intend to exchange it for Japan's Dawn based territories.

The red bits, I'm assuming, are contested territories and source of 'diplomatic' tensions.

19. Errhile

We were told - so far - it was the PanO wh discovered the new planet, and their "allies" of JSA did a 180 on them.
    I'd say the size of the population in Japan on Earth has very little impact on that: you need to move the population there. And transport ability is a bottleneck.

I'd expect PanO to have a much bigger transport ability than JSA. While Nomads and Haqq can tip the scales, that's still a problem to be considered: what do you want to pay them back with?

The timeframe is also too short - about 5 years from the Uprising - to radically increase your population by reproduction. Maybe except for Aleph, who can psychogenerate new aspects.
    Bringing people back form stored Cubes is also a solution, tohugh so far we were being told that the Resurrection is an expensive process, and thus very limited. Of course, that was back in the days of Shattergrounds and before, but I don't expect this specific aspect to change.

So, as I said, it will be an interesting read.

Daireann likes this.
  20. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I personally like the idea that Ariadna colonized this territory out of spite to the Japanese "how do you like it when someone colonizes your planet?!" And to try and trade it for portions of Dawn.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation