September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

So Nov 18th i'll go from having 6 playable armies to almost 3, and no one of that 3 armies is my main one nor played regularly and i wont recover that armies later. When N5 was teased, they were saying that old sectorial will not arrive at the start of N5, but they'll do months later. Now is all evasives and deception with that topic.

I can manage lose troops because lore advance. I can accept playing with obsolete rules and fireteam charts and no real adaptation to new edition. But becoming unplayable is a big NO for me. That's GW level shit. That will be an infuriating move from CB and probably many players will be in the same situation.

2. Darvain

Darvain Well-Known Member

That is a level of cutting akin to GW, but we will have to see how they will handle this cut. We lack any concrete information at this point.

Daireann and UpirLihi like this.
  3. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, most of the time I try to chill and casually read the forums. Guess why I "activated" these few last weeks? Because the forums got flooded by whiners and "I don't know shit" soothsayers like you.

Don't be so obviously of bad faith. By saying this profile is getting an undeserved discount, you are of course implying that it is undercosted. If it was 50 points, you wouldn't even have posted. And you cannot imply that it is undercosted because you know absolutely nothing about N5. Thus, again, shhhhhhhh. You'll talk when you'll know.

Yeah, these apologies won't happen buddy. Whether Frenzy will still gives a discount or not doesn't fix all the BS you are claiming, sorry! :)

#683 Child9, Sep 28, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Robert Shepherd has produced a summary with written sheets.

Infinity N5 - Mild Speculation #3 (Dice Gods Wargaming Interview & Combined Army Roster)

5. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

After having listed to the video it sounds to me that there will be a tournament extra "leagacy" where you will be able to use removed sectorials using their N4 profiles.

6. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

The whole drip marketing strategy relies on people being positively excited about your product. When it is not quite the case, this strategy amplifies concerns and negative reactions instead. Better rip the band-aid and tell PanO, Aleph and NA2 players what are the exact plans.

I'm not loosing anything (so far) since I'm a Nomad player, but even waiting for the cuts to vanilla Nomads is unpleasant. And I absolutely feel the players whose armies are getting removed.

injenegr, Kaek, SpectralOwl and 5 others like this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Yeah, losing armies hurts really bad, and I personally don't see the need for it. I'd also like to finally get some concrete information.

Graves, Kaek, Time Bandit and 3 others like this.
  8. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Absolutely agree. My defence of the Mk1 Squalo profile was a hill I was prepared to die on. This? Losing potentially two of my favourite sectorials? It’s upsetting. I hope the new rules and sectorials can make up for such losses but it doesn’t mean I’m not a little heartbroken. I will miss my bs19 bolt link for sure…

Graves, burlesford, Kaek and 2 others like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think we are quite neutral, you are still here despite an impressive track record of posting including directly insulting CB stuff.
    Never the less, if you can find an objective instance of @Child9 trolling I will consider it, for your information, having a different or directly opposite opinion of yours is not trolling, neither is insisting that having no information means whatever is posted is an opinion and not "the truth".

10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

On the interview and what will be cut, I think what is best is to wait for more information, we do not know what units Generic lists will have, what fireteam compositions they will have, what are the new fireteam bonuses, how many fireteams each generic list will have and of course what AVA each unit has.

It is possible the cut sectorials may be playable from the generic list, they might not be playable, we will see.

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

About this we know at least that :
    - Spiral Corps is leaving (which was logical with the Endsong lore), info confirmed.
    - Starco would also be leaving because, according to Bostria in another interview, it would be more logical for it to be in the Nomads faction, but from memory we had interpreted or he had said that it could be a Sectorial or a Fireteam list, or a sub-list like the Yuandun-type army list was, info partially confirmed.

Then in projection:
    - White Company is pretty badly positioned to stay, with the fact that its iconic hero, John Hawkwood, has been put into OOP, along with the Kaplans.

Cadwallon, Abrilete and UpirLihi like this.
  12. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Yeah.. the probability of having two of my armies being made unplayable overnight doesn't sit too good with me. Especially if the reasoning is that there are too many sectorials and they add a new one... Would've been a better move to rework and release new models for one of the existing sectorials.

I have really liked the earlier approach of having old sectorials being playable even if they dont get any support/new models

#692 Kaek, Sep 28, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024
    Cadwallon, fari, Gwynbleidd and 3 others like this.
  13. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

A bit of info that was said in the interview with Bostria and i didnt manage to see here: The preorder miniature for the N5 book.

-Sculpted at the beginning of the year
    -Planned to be in a Ref Box, but was too awesome and it was delayed to be the book preorder figure

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think my main issue with the discontinued armies is the fact there's just going to be new ones added anyway, so it doesn't really reduce much. I lose Spiral Corp, but I never actually finished painting them or anything anyway, so it's just less incentive to bother.

15. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's one thing with computer games being shut down but when you spend months/years painting a faction for a miniature game it just makes you feel quite empty

#695 Kaek, Sep 29, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2024
    Daniel Darko and SpectralOwl like this.
  16. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Doesn't reduce bloat, but increases profits. Because you have to buy new stuff and your old stuff becomes nearly useless.
    I am not a fan of entire sectorials going away ( except NA2, I would remove all of them ) if bloat is the problem, they could reduce number of units. Like combine Securitate and Cheerkillers into one unit, Morans and Bandits, stuff like that.

Benkei and Azakel like this.
  17. SpectralOwl

I'm likely to be a lot more OK with NCA and ASA disappearing if the new stuff replicates and consolidates the older profiles (for example, if Akalis have their niche directly replaced by Banshees, and Fennecs carry the Regular loadouts). Being able to cleanly proxy into a new force without confusion would be nice.

Gwynbleidd, Azakel, Errhile and 3 others like this.
  18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I'd prefer obsolete and oop units being moved into mercenary army, at least for a time being before removing completely. Can even have a fluff explanation with war "kind of" over, everyone dismissed and regular army rapidly reorganizing. And similar unit types just merged together like Alguaciles/Moderators/Securitates being just Nomad security forces (with one box, one "general" troop proifile) with fluffy extras in each sectorial.

19. Azakel

Azakel Well-Known Member

It is the real crux of the matter. That is why refashioning ASA or NCA is not an option for them... it would not allow them to sell as much as a new sectorial.
    NCA may partially survive as an in-game entity as a reinforcement force.

I don't blame them... it's a business and they make a living selling miniatures... but I'm not naive either.

Fennec Fusiliers, Griffin Troops as Orc veterans, etc... they seem to be going in that direction.
    Regulars, Dragoes, Guardas de Assalto, Bagh-Maris... It seems that they will not be reassigned to other sectorials nor to vanilla, so I agree... new units with a similar purpose are feasible in Kestrel.
    I don't think the Akalis will disappear in vanilla at the moment... they are still in production.

#699 Azakel, Sep 29, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2024
  20. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

We do not definitively know if that is true. New Morats and new Bakunin received a really warm welcome. CB definitely made their market research, so I'm curious why did they decide against giving Acon the Morat or the MO treatment? What was different this time?

SpectralOwl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation