N5 Speculation

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Brokenwolf, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Which accounts for what? 1% of Infinity players? Less? On the opposite, almost everyone I know is happy about N4.
    N4 being crap is just an opinion, not a fact, period.

2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Now this is also an opinion and not a fact. All the people you know is happy. All the people i know is not. Maybe my people is, like you said, 1% of infinity players, but when that 1% include game testers and CB workers... something is not right

burlesford likes this.
  3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Entire season, or specific scenarios in it.

Let's say we have a new planet. Now, we have no idea how exactly does it look like, so let's take pre-terraformation Bourak as an example:
    • there was, obviously, a lot of Desert terrain.
    • there were high mountains, so Mountain terrain was there.
    • most people don't pay attention t that, but a great deal of Bourak's surface is covered with seas and oceans. Definitely place for some Aquatic terrain.
    • there might be also action going on in orbital habitats and on starships, so there's room for Zero-G terrain.
    A tiny little bit of flexibility, and the authors can give us "this scenario happens in the deep primeval (however alien it is) forrest, hence the entire table is Jungle Terrain", while the next scenario is in the arid steppes (Desert Terrain), yet another in a space station (Zero-G) or in a large underground facility that is generally considered "normal terrain" because, narratively, it is pressurized and made comfortable for humans living and working there.

There were some pretty crazy terrain rules in Campaign: Paradiso: fighting in an enclosed undergound facility, where direct Airborne Deployment was impossible and you had to land on top of it and then take an elevator to the area of operation. Or the MagLev train splitting the table in half (with a printable paper model of said MagLev train available for download, weee! :D )... there's aplenty of ideas out there to borrow from (and while I don't request CB to include printable terrain pieces with every ITS season, I'm of the opinion it would be very cool if they did :P ).

So, yeah, I'm all in favor of "bringing more special terrain into Infinity tables", and "making the special Terrain: X skill more viable / useful".
    But I think it is not something that should be made at the Core Rulebook, N5-level.

#83 Errhile, Aug 12, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
    chromedog and saint like this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I give you that. And if even CB employees are unhappy with the state of the game, that gives me hope they will work hard to fix those flaws with the new edition.

LaughinGod and fari like this.
  5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Sure, you know the people who know and who have a relevant advice on Infinity. We don't.

The fact that CB business is running fine is by itself a proof that N4 is not "crap".

#85 Child9, Aug 12, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
  6. fari

You think is running fine, but CB is not a happy place anymore

7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

What do you mean by that?

8. fari

There are people unhappy with the decision-making and the work environment is worse than, I don't know, 5 years ago? Much more tension.

9. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

I mean, if that's the hill you want to die on...
    :laughing:

chromedog and Errhile like this.
  10. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Please, tell us more. I'm sure it'll prove your not-peremptory not air-based point "N4 is crap" :)

11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That's sad to hear.

12. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

And this thread has degenerated into another set of complaints. The same people continue to trash the forums and make it unpleasant to even check what is here. @psychoticstorm and @Koni you really, really need to remove constantly-negative posters from this forum. They damage your product and the ability of the community to enjoy it.

13. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

here is a hot take N5 will be better than N4

14. fari

it cant be worse, right? RIGHT?

I really want to believe

redeemer likes this.
  15. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

What skirmish miniatures game are you playing that's so much better than N4? Please tell us what game, and why it's better.

Hot take: You don't have a better game. N4 is as good as any other detailed skirmish miniatures game out there.

You complain about this, and about everything else, to get attention. It's obvious.

16. fari

If N4 is so good, why in our comunity we went from 2 tournaments a month in late N3 (easely 20 players each) to luckily a tournament every 3 months since N4 arrived? (if we got 10 players is a success) We are the same people, but many of them got terrible dissapointed with the edition change and went play Killteam (I dont, i dont like any GW product), even during pandemics, so social distancing is not the excuse. And this situation repeats all over Spain. Mostly all communities died, except the big cities like Madrid or Barcelona, and even there, there was a significant drop in activity. Man, Satelites here went for mostly 60-80 players each in the pasts years to luckily 40 this season

I was here for many years now and all i want it's see new players entering the game, having fun and play the game we love. But theres no new players entering the game I WAS the biggest infinity fan, but here is dying slowly and hurts me.

@Savnock i encourage you to block me. I'm not gonna change and probably you are gonna be bothered frequently.

burlesford likes this.
  17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not seem to encounter the same behavior, maybe there is some information bias on your side?

kesharq and chromedog like this.
  18. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

I feel N4 was better than most people think, but it came out at a bad time CB trying to push out code one did it no favors ether, and lets be honest N3 was legendary and very hard to follow. factions loosing their identity during N4 might be one of the reasons many players were turn of from infinity during N4, but with N5 new profiles and whatever surprises CB is cooking for N5. it could bring back the lost players and tons of new ones and maybe bring back faction identity make pano the long range faction with the sweet tags the Nomads the Rem/MI faction etc don't make all factions slightly worse clones of each other with small points differences.

Sungwon, Tristan228, fari and 2 others like this.
  19. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

It's pretty good for the most part. Hacking and guided missiles being the biggest issues. Well, besides miscast siocast.

That said it's also lost a lot of ground locally with the community almost completely dying out over the last...2 years? We're just starting to try and revive it but I'm iffy about carrying product that isn't in metal due to QA issues and having to deal with that. There are other companies that do resin without the same issues (GCT for instance does amazing resin and 3d prints) at lower prices and Bushido is a fantastic game. Moonstone is pretty great as well, but they use too much mold release sometimes making it annoying to work with their resin, needs a lot of scrubbing.

redeemer likes this.
  20. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

So far, the changes I've seen from N5 seems to be heading in a very good and right direction (minus the weird crit buffer overflow thing), but saying N4 is crap is certainly showing not having played the game at all for half a decade... ^^'

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation