May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

PS 4 is equal to DAM 16 so its PH and MA bonus already calculated in.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

No the HI that are 1W+NWI. I don't care for it much. Especially when there are some that have the same ARM and rules but are NOT hackable HI.

3. Space Ranger

Right so in the first example it's 1-11 on d20
    second example 10-20 on D20
    Both are the same thing just opposite.

I like it. I actually taught beginners to add ARM and Cover to their dice rather than think about subtracting from the damage. this is just adding to the stat instead. I also have problems teaching new players when to roll high or low. It will be good to have it all the same.

I like the cards. I'll bet they are optional to use. Good for beginners. I'm guessing the weapons chart is the opposite side of the troop card.

burlesford likes this.
  4. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Well, to keep the Attack successful the rolls always had to be equal or under a certain value. The saving rolls were just explained from the wrong POV so it feels like another way of rolling but the mechanic was stringent. With the upcoming PS system a successful Attack will now actually need a roll equal and lower and a roll higher than a certain attribute. Now it feels stringent but the mechanic changes.
    Thus IMO not a change actually needed but given my opponent's barrage of two-digit saving rolls I'm fine with this change (foreshadowing me whining about the insuffrable ammounts of 1s my opponents will roll for their PS rolls) :smile:

But one personal thing that irks me about PS: it sounds too close to BS. Its already difficult for me to understand the other players during a moderately noisy tournament thus dicerning BS from PS if the context is not clear will be virtually impossible for me

5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Technically you're right, but since your opponent is the one rolling the dice, they're the ones who have to roll over. I get that from the perspective of the one doing the damage, your opponent has to roll under for you to be successful, but that's just not intuitive for the person rolling the dice.

6. Jim the third

Jim the third Well-Known Member

They identified something that confuses literally every new player (at least that I've played against), which is good, but I think they've missed the point a little. It's not specifically that armour saves are roll over, it's that they're different from every other roll in the game. And with the new system they still are. Plus stronger stuff having smaller numbers is exactly as unintuitive as suddenly rolling over the target number.

What they should've done (except for just leaving it, I think it's fine it confuses every player for a little bit, they get the hang of it) to make it consistent with every roll is give every model a survival chance, and have guns give negative modifiers.

Almost every model would have survival 10, a combi rifle imposes a -3 for example. Your survival + your ARM0, +3 from cover, -3 from the combi, rolling for 10 or under. Same stats as the current system but using the same exact rolling logic as every other roll.

As a bonus this would add an opportunity for some granularity, for example some ARM8 TAGs could become survival 12 ARM 6 instead to be slightly more resilient to armour reducing effects.

7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New videos by thedicegodswg and infinity gamer.

Resume thedicegodswg (I added some notes to clarify some sens)
    He thinks:
    - ITS 16 season could be delayed a few weeks until N5 appears.
    - The N5 pdf would fall in October.
    - The mechazoid might be more appropriate for a JSA sectorial.
    - The acontecimento shock army could be replaced by the kestral pano forces, in a kind of faction reworked from its profiles (a bit like the kosmoflot then).

Q/A report:
    - There will be a lot of armies that won't reappear at launch, and no schedule has been given for their reappearance due to their large numbers.
    - There are going to be a lot of profile changes.
    - Bostria has said that they will be bringing back old armies.
    - The factions' commercial distribution model will be more condensed and rapid.
    - Guided missiles will be revised to appeal to both those who launch them and those who receive them.
    - There will still be a limit of 15 troops, as at present.
    - Vehicles will be a new category in N5.
    - CC combat will be heavily modified and critics will be more effective. The advantages of CC and non-CC experts will be more obvious, so this should be seen as a stronger and more obvious typification of each profile.
    - Reinforcement mode will be more directly integrated into N5.
    - The combined army will also be reworked, with a focus on ONYX.

Resume infinity gamer (I added some notes to clarify some sens)
    - Season 2 of infinity paradise lost could involve panoceania through a mirage 5 team. He also said something about a potential pitch for the third offensive, but I didn't quite understand.
    - There would be no store release for Kassad, so it wouldn't be playable as such (but I'm not sure what he meant, so I'll have to check).
    - More advanced rules could also come later, so in October we wouldn't have the whole N5 set (maybe it'll be a bit like the fireteam rules that came separately during N4, we could think of the vehicle rules set coming later with the first miniature releases).
    - ONYX will focus more on its Morat base.
    - The Sybille AI will be improved, and is probably the future of the wiki.
    - The NA2 may not be present immediately with the release of the N5, but should return as the commercial release progresses.

Infinity N5 - What you need to know about the new edition!

Corvus Belli Gen Con Live Event Summary - in under 13 minutes

Info from dark net by Col for unicool and siocast plastic :

Review leak of the demo.

N5 Leaks - New damage mechanic seen

Cadwallon likes this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Of all these things, I just have one request: PLEASE don't replace the excellent wiki with a shitty Custom-GPT like Sybilla...

Henshini, Titus, Mcgreag and 6 others like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

So Kosmoflot or Merovingia, or vanilla Ariadna Vs PanO?

I hope this is not realized as the renaming of Wounds and the change to the "weapon strength" to PS... it would, indeed, be "a lot of profile changes", since it would change all profiles, but, seriously... XDDDD

Ok, not bad. I would prefer UR, but I will take what I can...

Unless UR comes later, big NO for me, thanks. Fortunately I already have the whole old range, and zero interest in the oni-HALO expats.

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

On the French forum it seems that a comrade has found the 3rd silhouette of the big thing panel.
    https://www.bureau-aegis.org/forum/index.php?topic=17400.msg220387#msg220387

If we take the last record we did:
    https://i.ibb.co/Pxc3Nx7/received-1446559499328366.webp
    [​IMG]

And compare with the different views of the triphammer:
    https://www.picuki.com/media/3427052761348581898
    https://www.instagram.com/stromminiaturas/p/C-PVlRCtCoK/?hl=fr&img_index=1

It looks as if the guy in the middle is a triphammer tilted slightly downwards.

Cadwallon likes this.
  11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Another interview.

Cadwallon likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

He says only a few are going to get those cards but I think they are going to quickly see players want them for all.

QuantronicWombat likes this.
  13. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

I can see them being useful for introductory games, but I'd still use the app over cards. The app in play mode shows only the profile and weapons I've actually chosen, the card would have to include all the options. Also, errata happens, and I find it convenient that I don't need to update anything physical when a profile is updated.

Abrilete, Space Ranger, saint and 3 others like this.
  14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yup, I had the (fan-made) unit stat cards back in N2. A big freaking folder of them, and I played just the QK back then.

A few months down the Infinity rabbit hole, and I found them to be not worth the bother. A printed list from the Army did the trick.

Abrilete and saint like this.
  15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

The Dice Gods War Gaming has prepared a tactical analysis of the new releases.

16. Space Ranger

I agree about the cards no longer having a use later on. It's a good beginner thing though. Great for identifying what troop is what. The O-12 I'm currently playing I bought at an auction and whoever owned them before put a label with the name of ever troop on the bottom! Good idea a lot of work. I can't help but feel that led to them selling them off.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation