May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

There were several good attempts from fans for JSA themed reinforcements.

I am not aware if this signaled a strong demand for them.

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

True.
    Though with current models, if you have a single-hand hold, it can often be done in two positions that look more or less realistic - this helps with reptition of the models.

...don't get me started on the 1gen Aleph REMs :tired_face:

3. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Or the S4 baggagebots - massive chunks of metal balancing on tiny little legs. They're cute and weird, but they were a pain to asemble.

4. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

I'd love some Tengu-themed droptroopers or alternative Oni mask samurai (I really don't like the new Domaru helmets). Though, to be fair, the Morat as a whole have the Oni aesthetic more or less locked up...

Abrilete likes this.
  5. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

When reinforcements launched, the fact that NA2 would have one set for all of NA2 was met with a resounding MEH… nearly everything I read on the topic was relitive disappointment especially when it came to JSA as the only faction in NA2 that was a full faction sectorial without a home due to the uprising that left them stranded with mercenaries.

When it came to reinforcements, most of what I saw was acknowledgement from the community that CB wanted to focus on the primary factions and the copy paste that NA2 got was a time saver. But many expressed hope that this would be further addressed at least for some in the future where it made sense. Not sure if that counted as strong demand. But I doubt any would be upset if CB came back for a second pass over mercs either.

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

They could have done JSA REF for all, or most, NA2. But only JSA and Ikari getting them outside of REF. It’s still possible.

7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Maybe the new Mechanozid TAG IS the reinforcement ...

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The baggage bots were the tricicle ones (3 wheels), the spider ones were the S3 with 4 legs, each its own piece, it was quite hard to make a good 4-limbs on the ground.

To be fair, everyone wants their own set of options. JSA and Spiral sharing the reinforcements with the rest of NA2 is kinda meh.

I would have tried to pull some units from the "core" of the main factions instead (so for example StarCo would get some Nomad troops they didn't had access before, for example the Taskmaster; WhiteCo could get access to the Sophotect, etc...), not troops from the new reinforcements boxes, but some of the least used but good troops (just suffering from the "Infinity Syndrome" of there being a more optimal/useful choice).

9. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

I fully accept that this is just wishful thinking and has a limited appeal to the market but....
    What if the next several year long story arc of the Infinity universe (now that the Combined Army threat is no longer the main focus) was JSA asserting themselves as a full major faction through a combination of political maneuvers and shrewd business dealings with a healthy dose of underhanded off books operations.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Nah. JSA are too small of a fish for that.
    Although, whatever the new story arc is, it might include JSA gaining weight and significance. Of course, there's the matter of perceived realism of such a course of action - at this moment, Japan seems to exist kind of as a PanO-propped state (to not use the term "puppet state"...).

The advent of Torchlight Brigade makes me think the next chapter of the Human Sphere history will be the era of expansion, exploration and colonisation of the new systems (and planets) beyond the new wormholes. The old superpowers seem to be well-equipped for that, but maybe some new powers will rise to the occassion.

What will be the stance of Combined Army on that?
    What will the Tohaa do?
    What other alien civilisations are out there, waiting for the first contact with Humanity?

That would remain to be seen.

#310 Errhile, Jul 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  11. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Rules are out.
    Yeay, a boring mini O-Yoroi with nothing special. I call laziness...
    Why would I buy that? Even the mini looks exactly like a O-Yoroi.

#311 Child9, Jul 12, 2024
  12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

That's beyond dissapointment. It's an oyorii, but smaller and without koalas. I expected something diferent to the existing TAG if you are going to add a new tag to a faction. If he can get in a haris, could be interesting

upload_2024-7-12_15-21-14.png

Child9 likes this.
  13. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Same disappointement as with the Shakush. What could have been a cool, original and interesting profile ends up being boring and bland. Again, it really feels like someone is very lazy at CB.

Cadwallon likes this.
  14. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

15. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Could have given the daiyokai a profile with the AP spitfire and call it a Day. And we would have a great heavy.

As it is the mechazoid ist a cheaper but worse O yoroi.
    An idea to make him better:
    - Lose the hmg, let him dodge on 15s or even 16 and give him smoke.
    Warband TAG seems on Brand for JSA

16. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Man that's underwhelming. It's cheaper but only 13-15pts means you can get what for that? One Tokosetsu or a Weibing. Maybe a Chai and a baggage bot. Is it worth it? Maybe. I'm not sure. But yeah it seems to do the same things a Oyo does. I was thinking it was going to have killer CC skills. Maybe even CC (+1B) because of the two giant katana.

18. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I have mixed feelings for sure. It’s nice to have options. So a cheaper tag that still packs a punch is nice. I love that it has both ap HMG and ap SF and is Ava 2 so bring both if you want. The panzerfaust is actually really nice too.

But man just one or two extra skills would’ve been so nice. Super jump and mim -3 or cc+1B would have made a huge difference. And why oh why doesn’t it have stealth!?

it is what it is. I would have loved to be straight up excited. Especially when you see tags like the wrecker that exist. But it’s pretty and I’ll get one or two to paint and probably will run them for fun.

Brokenwolf and burlesford like this.
  19. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Are you insane? It would be new, fun, people would love it. Why would they do such a thing?

Ahah, you're right. Either they forgot and it's just sloppy, or they didn't put it on purpose and it's stupid.

#319 Child9, Jul 12, 2024
    burlesford likes this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I agree with most people here. It's nice to have a cheaper option for a good gun in JSA, and a Panzerfaust is actually a good ARO option, but it's a shame it's so bland. Letting him dodge on 15s is a great idea and would fit his fluff. CC +1B would have also been great and fit the model. As it stands its not bad, but just nothing to get super excited about. And I don't understand why CB would go through so much trouble to create a completely new TAG and hype people up just to make it boring. Where's the logic in that?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation