May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

"What lies ahead only the gods can see..." Queen Azshara
    I remember the swords in some releases. Gladly, they could be removed almost easily (but of course better everything be fine without additional actions)

I dont like, that releases feel chaotic again.
    Plus I mentioned re-use of the same pose in some miniatures even inside one faction.
    All of the new sculpts. Female tomcat from their box and female wildcat from fireteam pack alpha.
    Same for hvt, but I guess it is less critical. But still... HVT from nomad/ariadna pack and the one from aleph/haqq pack.
    Sadly. I know, lots of the games use same pose in lots of units, but I used to unique sculpts in Infinity.

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

One must also consider that there are other armies that use these models and these may need them more, Drakios and Acontecimento come to mind, but there are other examples.

If you think that the female tomcat and the female wildcat have the same pose, I think your margins of what is considered "the same" are too wide.

Errhile likes this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

They are pretty close though. If tomcat had a rifle instead of a medkit it'll probably be identical.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Agreed, that's a weird example. I painted both recently and they're very different. If there's a pose that has been reused to death and pops up way too often, it's the "right leg on tactical rock, gun in right arm, left arm pointing to the left" one. It's freaking everywhere. Yes it looks cool, but that doesn't excuse its frankly ridiculous frequency:

[​IMG]

#224 burlesford, Jun 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2024
    RolandTHTG, Lesh', Henshini and 9 others like this.
  5. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Great image example. Don't forget a further two for Haqq, Daylami and Barid from Blackwind. It's no wonder I have been put off by repeats.

I wonder how used the Wolfgang / new Ajax pose is used. I think there's a Warcrow model too.

I wouldn't mind a new set of nicely scaled Asawira though if we're talking missing desirables.

burlesford likes this.
  6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

with the politics of reducing SKU, once a profile have an sculpted figure, dont expect more (with very few exceptions). That's the reality

burlesford likes this.
  7. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

These would be my dream boxes:

Dream Hassassin Expansion Pack Beta
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]3
    NADHIR (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, AP Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 29)
    SUNDUQBUT (Minelayer) Viral Rifle(+1B), Chain Rifle(+1B), Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 49)
    ASAWIRA (Doctor [+3]) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    1 SWC | 114 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Dream Janissaries Box
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]4
    HORTLAK AP Sniper Rifle / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 35)
    JANISSARY (Doctor [2W]) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    JANISSARY Missile Launcher / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)
    JANISSARY Heavy Machine Gun / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 41)
    3.5 SWC | 152 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Or rather, expect the weirdest choices and never the sensible one. Second Asawira? Nah, let's publish a second Lasiq that no one asked for. Mukhtar Red Fury? No, take this limited edition Ayyar instead. Aleph version of Hippolyta for Gencon maybe? Why do that when we can instead do a third Varangian Guard that no one needs? New Uhlan? Uh uh, take your alternate Agamemnon that wasn't necessary in the first place. Oh, and while you're waiting for an official version of Pandora, Kendrat, Jaan Staar, or HI Sheeskin, here's a third Warcor and a second Liberto.

9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Here’s my wish boxes

Invincible Army pack
    Liu Xing Spitfire or Multi-Rifle
    Hac Tao Missile Launcher
    Krit Kokram Feuerbach

White Banner
    Yu Jing Beasthunter
    Ye Mao Missile Launcher or Engineer
    Haetae Heavy Rocket Launcher

ISS
    Zhanying HMG
    Pheasant Agent Hacker
    Motorized Bounty Hunter Redfury

O-12
    Epsilon HMG
    Lynx Plasma Carbine
    Vidoc Multi-Sniper

Unfortunately, they are in a “dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t” scenario. There’s only so many poses you can do with metal. They used to do some dynamic things that looked cool but they would break at points, tip over, or were hard to place. I loved the first edition Monks. Some people just didn’t like them or didn’t “understand” the pose. Like the Miniuteman shooting behind as he’s trying to get into cover. Great for a diorama, bad for a single mini. One of the nice things about plastic, in whatever form that is, it's much lighter and can allow for more interesting poses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chaserabinov and Tristan228 like this.
  10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

While I understand the allure of wishlists, I don't understand some of these. Plasma Carbine Lynx and ML Ye Mao exist – in Defiance and tournament packs respectively. Why should they ever do another one? Similarly for the Vidocq: If a Marksman Rifle isn't enough of a proxy for a sniper rifle for anyone, people take wysiwyg way too seriously. And the Krit Kokram model is literally built agnostically enough to be able to represent all loadouts.

11. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Well, that pose was picked up more or less by the new Sr. Massacre:
    [​IMG]
    And TBH he looks way better doing the hop :grin:

12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

While I am fine with the Hacker as Paramedic I agree - there is no plain Tiger, but the Hacker still has the main weapon!

Multi Rifle and Combi are not so much different, especialy not in YJ. So I would use combi as rifle. SMG is more different and I was happy that they release this one (if they did SMG first, I would be more happy because I do not use Hulang very often, maybe I play full AVA but only once).

Understandable. At least Achilles is still available. Penny in her stone old Bootleg version has recived a new and stunnig promotion text :relieved: maybe they had not sold enough or it sold so well that they still produce it.

Ah I see - there a lot of post regarding that theme already so I´ll be quiet.

its # 3 ;-)

I am with you here. And this another example of a still active sectorial (IA) were a new player can buy certain minis only on the second hand market or with a bit of luck in the left over stock of a shop. Hac Tao is only available in its MR version. HMG (which is the most tempting loadout) is retired. ML was never redone.

Ye Mao Engineer (or plain) exist as a lim.ed. version. Regular we got Spitfire and Hacker (with silly sword). Haetae is a shame. It looks very good, but the pose is silly and the HMG is certainly not the version players want.... I was provided with printed HRLs and build my own version.

Zhangying and Pheasant are missing for a very long time but I miss none of them (but I think HMG Zhanying is more useful than ML from the old starter box).

I still use them. The new ones getting higher in my painting list and I skipped the box of four totally.

Quite right! But especialy SWC weapons are something what I want to see on a trooper. So I wouldn´t say no to an alternate Krit (the accidential character) not to an MK12 Tai.

13. Space Ranger

Bringing up Limited editions stuff is a non-starter. I won't/can't buy them when you even see them on sale somewhere. Defiance? that's even a thing? The only time I see it for sale it is WITHOUT THE FIGURES. Also the Ye Mao is a Panzerfaust, not ML. I would use it as ML if I had it though. I have not problem proxying but it would be nice to have something even close to it. The Ye Mao is one core/haris teams in White Banner but there's only two general release figures. Both the Vargar and Karhu got three man box sets but I guess F the Ye Mao.

I would use the Vid MMR but it's only one or two in that whole REF set.

When wish listing I don't care about WSYWIG. I want what I want.

Brokenwolf and burlesford like this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Fair enough.

Space Ranger likes this.
  15. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I am not that worried about this units. Usually they have small differences, not 100% same, and it helps... And they could be in a different forces. Or sectorial at least. But with tomcat and wildcat I saw same body in same release and in same sectorial. (photos below)

And I was sad most of all when I saw HVT. Ok, it is not a big deal, becquse in game they rarely would be in the same team. But I thought to use them as a crew members for some other game x)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still we have a big variety of unique sculpts in Infinity. I just dont want to loose it.

Lesh' likes this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Evader and Hellcat were literally in the same box, having basically the exact same pose. Similarly for Bokhtar and Barid.

I see what you mean. The legs are very similar – but that's it. Back when CB did 4-man boxes, you always had two pairs of legs repeated across four models. The upper bodies were what differentiated the models, and usually no one ever noticed. Same for me here: The legs are similar, but the upper bodies are distinct enough for me to read these as clearly different poses.

Daireann likes this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

18. Space Ranger

Well I WAS going to get the new Dire Foes but seeing it was $50 for 3 figures is a bit too steep for me right now. The way things are going for me, I will have to cut back a lot. I do have some credit with my FLGS but i'm going to save it for the Wreckers, Moonrakers, and Stormbot. I can't afford to buy stuff that may sit on the shelf more often than not. I already feel guilty I'm not playing my Yu Jing!

Brokenwolf likes this.
  19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

An review for next releases by Infinity Gamer.

Corvus Belli's June releases and July preview

Space Ranger likes this.
  20. Darvain

Darvain Well-Known Member

Tikbalang spotted!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation