Support for the Squalo MK1!

Discussion in 'Infinity Army' started by Mantisuk, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Just fine, thank you! I just had a game with the squalo mk1 the other day where I advanced up the left flank into my enemy's dz where i had to pass through open ground and take like 5 aros. Luckily it was the mk1 with 8 armour <3

Gwynbleidd and Daireann like this.
  2. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

I feel the potential of Squalo MK1.... The MEME potential

ZomboMeme 2856.jpg
    Was I a Good Boy 8060.jpg

3. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

This is probably the most positive approach this forum has taken to defending a model. Keeping fingers crossed for Mk1!

4. anubis

Since mkII is close to beeing released....

Heres Johnny 2671.jpg

5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

On the spot. I'm getting really nervous. We still haven't heard anything from @Koni, @HellLois or @ijw if they have even read this thread, not speaking of acknowledging it. So here it is one more time: Please don't make our models obsolete, CB, and take away a profile we all would like to keep playing.

Gwynbleidd, Marina, Daireann and 3 others like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Since this is the last day before the Squalo Mk1 model is taken out of production, I want to take the chance and remind the rules staff of Corvus Belli, @ijw, @HellLois, and @Koni, or anyone else responsible reading this, that we haven't forgotten about this wonderful TAG. So please, should you still be having a last-minute discussion about whether you should keep the profile or not — yes, yes you should. Don't let us wake up tomorrow to see it gone from the army builder. It would just show us that you simply don't listen to what your user base is asking of you, or worse, that you don't care. We believe you will make the right decision!

7. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Some sharks mate for life! There needs to be two, don't be cruel!

burlesford likes this.
  8. anubis

9. Mantisuk

Mantisuk Well-Known Member

well its the 1st and its still in the army builder think we are good?

10. anubis

11. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

So, what is the situation? Could I think about getting back to infinity?
    How is our lovely TAG?

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

So far it's still there, but we haven't heard anything official from CB yet. The fact that @Koni posted an ITS update today but nothing else makes me hopeful.

Gwynbleidd and Daireann like this.
  13. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

:joy:

This… is so accurate. Sorry I missed it when it was first posted, it genuinely made me laugh.

So glad to see the mk1 is still around. I’ve got the mk2 and it’s fun to run both. Also picked up the new tikbalang just because. I hope the mk1 profile stays in N5 hence the shameless bump to this now ancient thread!

Daireann likes this.
  14. Daireann

Otherwise we would shoot remake of "I know what you did last summer". (autumn)
    Or we would stop on letters in Dark Brotherhood style. "We know"
    Thank you for reminding me this incident. Nothing stops before N5, I guess.
    We could make another demonstiration like this x)

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  15. Gwynbleidd

Absolutely. I’d hate N5 to come out and for all the hard work here to keep the Mk1 to go to nothing.

16. Daireann

They knew... THEY KNEW!..

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  17. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Oh! Let's hope that they've come to their senses and realized how much we love the true squalo!❤❤

Daireann and Gwynbleidd like this.
  18. Gwynbleidd

I’m really hoping they haven’t removed it from N5… I’ll be so upset. The profile is great and gives Varuna as well as vanilla and neoterra an excellent platform.

Daireann likes this.
  19. tacos

tacos Well-Known Member

Tbh I kinda think CB killing the Mk1 and introducing the Mk2 was a good move, and something I hope they eventually follow through on.

The Mk1 is a pretty dull and generic profile - even in VIRD (does slapping on an E/M template alone really make for a more interesting unit?). It's the basic template for an MBT in PanO - a faction with far more interesting/thematic options in that area. For example, the Dragoe - sure it basically does the same job as other MBTs, but having a HRMC rather than MHMG at 73 points sells the idea of PanO's focus on firepower and armored warfare.

The Mk2 I think is a bit more interesting of a unit in how it kind of sits in-between light TAGs and MBTs. You get stuff like an AP 32" range band gun, which tends to be rarer on light TAGs (Shakush, non-MO Tik, Agamemnon, etc), but pay a bit more than those light TAGs while still having arm 6.

Frankly, I kinda think this thread is a bit of an ill-thought through knee-jerk reaction. A common complaint about the current state of infinity is profile and unit bloat - but when CB makes a move that cuts that down, people get upset. Cut bloat but not my bloat I guess lol.

I guess the change from S7 to S6 means you can't use old Mk1s as Mk2s, but there's still plenty of other S7 TAGs in PanO that the Mk1 could proxy for.

20. Gwynbleidd

I’m sorry but I must completely disagree. The Mk1 is a solid platform that provides Varuna with an excellent set of options. It’s also got a lot of utility in vanilla (less in vanilla due to proliferation of other tag profiles) and neoterra.

It’s not about the model. For myself at least. Changing the mk2 to a S6 tag is irrelevant. I don’t care that the Mk1 is no longer produced. I also have no need to proxy any of the other s7 Tags in PanO with it and if I did I may not necessarily be inclined to use a PanO tag to do so.

This thread is in no way an ill thought knee jerk reaction. The original profile is highly useable and the number of people who have added to this thread display that. Tags that hadn’t been in production for ages such as the tikbalang and the dragoes were in far more need of a model and rules overhaul.

The Mk2 is indeed an interesting tag. It has uses. It’s quite fun to play with both tags on the field in a larger game. It does not however replace the overall utility of the Mk1 especially in Varuna. It’s also quite fun to play alongside smaller tags like the Uhlans in neoterra in lieu of heavy infantry. I would have been far more interested in a newer model especially if it was a whole new profile in line with say the upcoming Kestrel forces range.

As for profile bloat… I have no issue with the number of profiles. I like having options. There are certainly things that need pruning but I would argue more for certain rules proliferations going the way of the dodo before I’d argue vehemently for any profile drop.

Daireann, SpectralOwl and burlesford like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation