Quantum Anomaly Zones = Annihilation the movie ?

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by Wizzy, Oct 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

As I read the fluff about Quantum Zones, I realized that it fit in quite well with the film Annihilation starring Nathalie Portman, where the contaminated zone follows its own rules of time and anomaly, with genetic disturbances on the people who enter and it affecting the flora and fauna in strange ways. I don't know about you, but for me it's a good fit.

Annihilation (2018) - Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures

2. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I like narratively it could be anything. Its great.

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Indeed, that is great!

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

A whole JSA high school disappears and finds itself on another world where the students are made to become child soldiers to fight the demon king! Lol

Any anime fans understand it?

#4 Space Ranger, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    theGricks likes this.
  5. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

The Annihilation books are a pretty spot-on comparison. I'm kind of imagining it as somewhere between that, GTFO, and Aliens. Lots of high tech ruins and nasty gribblies.

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Agreed with Annihilation; see also STALKER and Roadside Picnic for older inspirations.

MATRAKA14 likes this.
  7. DPA

DPA Active Member

Stalker : The Zone is a very complicated system of traps, and they're all deadly. I don't know what's going on here in the absence of people, but the moment someone shows up, everything comes into motion. Old traps disappear and new ones emerge. Safe spots become impassable. Now your path is easy, now it's hopelessly involved. That's the Zone. It may even seem capricious. But it is what we've made it with our condition. It happened that people had to stop halfway and go back. Some of them even died on the very threshold of the room. But everything that's going on here depends not on the Zone, but on us!

Writer : So it lets the good ones pass and kills the bad ones?

Stalker : I don't know. I think it lets those pass who have lost all hope. Not good or bad, but wretched people. But even the most wretched will die if they don't know how to behave. You have been lucky, it just warned you.

8. LeedsVillain

LeedsVillain New Member

Shin Megami Tensei IF…?

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

To me Concilium is, after Raveneye, the bastard child of STALKER's The Zone and Earth after Black Mesa's favourite orange scientist made that Half Life experiment xD

I'm old school that way, what can I say :p

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation