1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New E/M CCW

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Kwisatz Haderach, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

Due to changes in Non Lethal trait, does E/M CCW still inflicts wounds or not?

New Non Lethal Trait
    Non-Lethal. No matter the ammunition type this weapon, piece of Equipment or Hacking Program uses, it doesn’t cause the target to lose points from its Wounds/ STR Attribute, or doesn’t require the target to make a Saving Roll when hit. Even if a Skill, rule or MOD adds or combines other ammunition types, the Non-Lethal Trait always take precedence, so this weapon, piece of Equipment or Hacking Program never causes the target to lose points of its Wounds/STR Attribute.

E/M CCW in weapons chart doesnt have non Lethal trait, but E/M ammo have it.

#1 Kwisatz Haderach, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  2. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Think the answer there is that the weapon doesn't have the non lethal trait, and that trait in the glossary only states " No matter the ammunition type this weapon, piece of Equipment or Hacking Program uses" so it is referring to weapons and equipment rather than ammunition types and that EM CCw not having non lethal is a specific and intentional omission.

Savnock, LeGweg, anubis and 4 others like this.
  3. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

I would think that this is clearly a RAI vs RAW situation. But it is unfortunate that such a new shiny 2.0 pdf does not include the N+EM combination interaction example to avoid confusion. I hope that this get fixed one way or another soon!

Jumara, JoKeR and Hecaton like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I will agree with @Aspect Graviton the trait is in the ammo not the weapon.

Savnock and chromedog like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I really hope in the next addition they clean up the weapons charts. It might make things a lot easier. I don't want AP Rifle, Shock Rifle to be separate things to look up. There should only be Rifle. Then then on the profile Rifle (AP), Rifle (Shock), etc. Other examples CCW (Shock) CCW (AP+EXP), etc. There's no need to have tons of different weapons to look up.

Abrilete, LeGweg, Errhile and 8 others like this.
  6. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I also agree with the argumentation in this thread.
    Although, I urge CB to make this totally clear by giving all profiles they like to be able to kill something with their CCW i.e. a DA CCW.
    At the moment, this will lead to confusion and heated debates.
    Just imagine a round three in a tight game where people have different interpretations of the new rules.
    And I could absolutely understand if people don't get this right, because it very confusing.
    Why would the E/M "ammo" explicitly state that even a combination of ammo types will not cause damage if an ammo with non-lethal is used when this then does not apply to the E/M "ccw" that has N+E/M stated in it's profile.
    Sure, the CCW does not have ammo, but like I said, it's very confusing.

Jumara likes this.
  7. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Definitely agree. The Label on the weapon should probably just be deleted. Even on the wiki, it links you back to the Labels page, which has no Non-Lethal label, it only exists as defined as a weapon Trait. The rulebook also refers to Labels and Traits differently, but no entry for Non-Lethal as a label.

8. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

I totally agree.

Weapons could define :
    - Rangebands
    - Burst
    - Damage

Munitions could define:
    - Quantity of wounds
    - Type of defense (ARM/BTS/BOTH)
    - Armor penetration

This way, we could have a Weapons chart and an ammunition chart that could evolve independently, without linking weaponry upgrade to specific units loadouts. Weapon profile would be "Shotgun, Fancy ammo" and the army builder would display the associated statistics of the weapon accordingly.
    That being said, such a modification impacts both the rules, the app and the whole way of writing the range, so it's far easier to idealize than realize.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation