1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try to built first Corregidor list

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by James09130, Mar 15, 2018.

1. James09130

James09130 New Member

Hello, everyone.
    I am getting start to play Corregidor, and I built this list:

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 71)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)
    5.5 SWC | 278 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

There are still SWC 0.5 and 22 point to spent, I don't what will be good to be add.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thank you.

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It's a real shame to not have the 4th Wildcat AHD in. SS2 AHD with the Iguana prevents hackable guys with stealth from maneuvering around your TAG. With only a KHD you don't get to use the repeater against hackable non-hackers at all which is a real shame, especially in TAG vs. TAG fights.

I would prefer the HRL on the Wildcats in this list because it is very mobile with a TAG, AD and Jaguars. Additionally with a Wildcat Lt. you would prefer to not advance unless you need to.

Finally the Doctor on the Tomcat is unlikely to come up if you use AD. He's still worth using and the Zondcat is worth the points even if you don't doctor with it, so it's not a problem.

It's impossible to have everything though.

It can be hard to make a 1 CG list with Jaguars because you have spare points.

I would at least change Engineer to AHD, give Massacre the Breaker Combi and a LSG to a Jaguar. You still have spare points but you could play that and decide on changes afterwards.

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)

6 SWC | 286 Points

Open in Infinity Army

3. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

That troop would fit really good:
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    @loricus' idea to max out the Wildcats is a more reasonable approach though.

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#3 Tristan228, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well I didn't say max out but I do like Iguana and 5 Wildcats.

5. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Ah, I misunderstood that :D But if you try to take four for a link it's better to put that fifth guy in. Because why just rely on SSL2 if you can get the BS+3 on top?

6. James09130

James09130 New Member

I think I will try list like this.
    I really want to field up BANDIT, so I think I will try 3 men wildcat fire team, first.
    Thank for your reply, guys.

[​IMG] Assault team
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 13)
    6 SWC | 298 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well that's a good CG2 so you seem to know what you're doing.

8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

INB4 someone says that the Intruder will be order starved with only 3 orders.

Also, I thought we'd already agreed that Iggy and the Wildcats was an awesome band name.

Actually useful contribution: the sight of an active 3 MI Core with an obvious LT in it sends shudders up my spine. That's an ideal 'pushing' unit to take objectives after your Iggy has become somewhat reduced in stature, but with the Lt it really undermines that role. I'd drop Massacre and downgrade the LSG Jag to get an Intruder LT.

[​IMG] Assault team
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I really need someone to persuade me the Iguana is good one day.

I'm open to the argument, I'm just... I can't quite get my head there myself?

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  10. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

Pros:
    BS 14 HMG with a repeater & ARM 6
    Spits out a bs 12 HMG with 2 wounds when it dies that is 8” away from the trouble area. The operator still counts as a living data tracker if that is your plan
    Cons:
    2 wounds that can’t be repaired
    Not a multi HMG
    Costs almost as much as a Mobile Brigada HMG & boarding shotgun buddy.

11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The operator also counts for the full points for Annihilation and holding territory. The Ejection System gives him a huge advantage in like 1/4 to 1/3 of missions.

On his first active turn he acts almost the same as a regular TAG on the cheap. With 4 Wounds he is harder to fully disable on missions where that is relevant (as I mentioned) than a regular TAG. With a lower cost, full offensive compliment (minus MULTI) and an ejection system to prevent point and order loss, you can go full aggression on turn 1, get in suppression, "lose" the TAG after throwing bullets or fire back for a turn, then continue to exist while the rest of your force finishes the game. The repeater just makes him harder to find safe ways to deal with him or ignore.

Remember that most results after an ejection are good, you either make your target or have nearly half a chance to land even further from your opponent. If you fall off the table you basically get to AD2 an HMG in your DZ which is often the best result.

I often say not to overestimate the importance of the first turn because the game is usually undecided till the last moment. But a strong turn 1 and giving your opponent something unimportant to waste their turn 1 on can put you way ahead. If that unimportant thing doesn't even drain your orders that's just better.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

MSR usually doesn't need more. He wins the trump game against whatever ARO trick your opponent has then becomes support.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

INTRUDER ALERT cares not for order limitations

14. James09130

James09130 New Member

Hello,
    I have play two game against Yu Jing.
    I like the list, and I try some more game before modify it.

I have one tactic question.
    In two game my INTRUDER MSR die quickly in my reactive turn(1st, and 2nd round).
    In the game I put him on the roof with partial cover, where he can shot into two area in center.
    In one game, he got killed in first round due to bad roll.
    In another round, he revealed, and then got killed by YAN HUO (HMC).
    Did I play it wrong, or it is normal risk INTRUDER MSR has to take in reactive turn?
    Thank you.

15. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

Intruder ARO game is a careful balancing act of not revealing too early as not to risk the intruder to counterattack, as well as keeping the intruder an effective threat.

After the intruder reveals, its basically a nisse. The threat of activation can cause the opponent to play around it, which can be just as effective as a nisse sniper itself. Just as important as activation is deployment. You want your opponent to have to waste orders getting a sniper counter into place, so usually you want to make that intruder your reserve model.

Cant fight agaisnt bad luck though, and a yan huo is a brutal matchup to try to snipe down. My best advice is try to dictate the battle that it would take the yan huo too many orders to get across the battlefield to engage the intruder. If he does anyways, then hopefully the intruder was worth his points in wasting a large portion of your opponents active turn

loricus likes this.
  16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

On your reactive turn if anything 4+ Burst can target the Intruder in their own range you don't want to be seen. Limit your vision to parts of the board that they cannot efficiently reach. If they need to spend 4 orders moving before shooting the HMG they are wasting a lot more time, as long as they didn't want to move their anyways.

On your active turn anyone who has a similar BS shot back at you is not worth the risk. 2 Burst vs. 1 Burst you need a bigger BS advantage, preferably at least 5 ahead but the more the better. Snipers are not good for counter-sniping.

Think of it this way. If you could put him on a roof and they couldn't kill him you win outright that game. So it couldn't work that way. You want the guys that can't deal with the Intruder to have a hard time getting around him and the guys that can deal with it need to spend a lot of time repositioning to do it.

Rubberpiggy, inane.imp and helsbecter like this.
  17. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

If the opponent has been foolish enough to bring only 1 or no units with MSV2, you can always try to sacrifice a Jaguar in ARO for a smoke. Once the intruder is smoked, the -6 makes it pretty reasonable to ARO anything B3 or lower in a bad range band. You won't try to pick fights with his active turn shooters but if anything else tries to move... bam! I played a tournament with two intruders earlier this year and got lucky against very few MSV opponents - I think the Intruder's ARO'd more often than they shot in the active turn.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation