1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May > August 2023 releases - New heat wave

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Mar 15, 2023.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

aham aham, yes, that's why i'm know universally as a CB hater, because i do mental hoops to defend CB

#201 fari, May 21, 2023
    Last edited: May 21, 2023
    A Mão Esquerda and burlesford like this.
  2. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I hope so too, even if it’s very unlikely :( Maybe this reinforcements stuff would bring back some models? Quoting Wizzy here:

fingers crossed

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Personally I would not mind a new Armoured Cavalry model, if CB thinks Squalo needs a redesign, they will have a reason for it.

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

The Squalo resculpt makes perfect sense. That thing is hideous. Nowhere near CB's current quality.

I too wish the Tik and Uhlan were still in production - those are fantastic sculpts. But presumably, they're OOP because SAA and NCA are both out of rotation. That's what happens to out of rotation factions. I don't like it either, but the SKU bloat thing has been discussed to death a hundred times and I don't know why you're all going on about it again. It is what it is.

Hopefully if/when SAA or NCA comes back into rotation, they'll start producing the current Tik/Uhlan sculpts again rather than resculpting them. Although if MO stays popular, I wouldn't be surprised if we instead see a Tik resculpt with an MO look.

In the meantime, complaining that the Squalo is getting resculpted instead of the Tik is just silly. You people will complain about anything.

Golem2God, Brokenwolf, fari and 2 others like this.
  5. Bignoob

I agree it’s hideous.

And I’d agree that whining about the Ulhan doesn’t make sense, but I don’t for the Tik for the following reasons:
    - it’s in MO (as you also mentionned)
    - it’s a damn good TAG, and,
    - as I mentioned before, it has no good proxi for it, oppositely to the Squalo.

I’m ready to bet it’s played way more frequently than the Squalo —> if people whine about it rather than cheering on that decision, it means there’s a reason

#205 Bignoob, May 21, 2023
    Last edited: May 21, 2023
    burlesford and Gwynbleidd like this.
  6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm happy for a Squalo resculpt, as the current one has always discouraged me because of how it looks.

7. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

True. My guess is that if/when CB wants to sell a Tik for MO, they'll release a new sculpt since the old one doesn't match the MO look. Which IMO would be a shame, since then we would never get the old one back.

Also, we can be cynical and point out that the longer they go without a Tik sculpt, the more players will buy proxies like Gecko or Shakush. And some of them will then still buy a Tik sculpt when it does get released. Releasing one now isn't necessarily the best way to maximize sales...

Oh, you must be new here. Welcome to the Forums.

8. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Indeed. When I saw this I thought much the same. The reinforcements thing may bring some newer minis for NCA.

Which is totally fine. I’m just a little confused as I personally don’t think it necessarily needs a resculpt. But that’s just me, I’m not CB, I don’t need to think of things from a business perspective. I’ll definitely get the new one, it won’t do to not have the newest PanO TAG. Can always paint it to be specific to my neoterra too instead of the relatively neutral one I use for my PanO in general.

Agreed on much of this statement except I must disagree that the Squalo is ugly. I know it’s not as nice as the cutter or even the older jotum and the seraph but I still like it, it’s characterful. It’s the stance that’s the problem with the Squalo and I found it easy to correct so that it looked much better. I’ll post a picture of the mild conversion one of these days.

I hope I wasn’t whining about getting a new one, I’m all for it (my wallet isn’t but he can shut up), I’m just confused as to the announcement as to my mind there were others that could have been brought up for a redo (I will admit this is still possible here and the Squalo redo is just the tip of the iceberg). I do suppose it makes some sense as there was a mention ages back that TAGs moving forward would be redone in the new material and that’s what this could be. I will state again my hope that it means PanO is getting newer minis for NCA and SAA. I’d also like to see the older tikbalang and uhlans sculpts return but as you mentioned I also wouldn’t be surprised if at some point we see a MO style tikbalang.

One last thought I just had… if the new Squalo (or any PanO TAG to be honest) gets an update that includes an auxbot I’ll be all over it. Love those little bots.

Bignoob likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

As you see from the responses above, Squalo is a marmite(ish) TAG, people either hate it or think its fine (few love it), so this might be a reason for a redesign.

10. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Oh indeed. My personal preference for the current Squalo doesn’t in any way undermine or replace the opinions of others who dislike the current Squalo. It could indeed be the reason why there’s a resculpt of it coming but there’s no guarantee that there won’t be the same “marmite” response for the newer one and so I would posit there’s another reason for it getting a resculpt. Either way, I’ll get one. Worst case scenario I paint it just to have and never use it.

Bignoob and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

If there's anything I've learned over the years, community opinion on whether a model needs a redesign or a new mini seems to have absolutely zero influence on if or when CB updates a mini or releases a missing one. Otherwise, we would have had new Morans at least five years earlier, or a second Liu Xing, or new Bao Troops, or new Yaoxie, or a new Skiavoro – to mention only miniatures from factions that are in production. Also, "some people love it, some people hate it" is a pretty weak argument for a re-design, even if CB listened to it – it's fifty-fifty, after all.

12. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Clearly all the wants and demands are being held back for the release of the Reinforcements "thing".

Then all the hopes and dreams will be realized.

13. Bignoob

[
    I love your positivity and I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!

Gwynbleidd and burlesford like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I think, CB makes decisions on the whims of the sculptor. They are obviously not listening to customers. It's taken them years to make profiles that we actually wanted or needed. No one was asking for a Hulang. We have a thread just talking about what what we want for YJ and I'm not sure it's been mentioned once. But it's what we are getting. Like it or not. They may listen if it doesn't sell but I'm not at all sure on that.

#214 Space Ranger, May 22, 2023
    Last edited: May 22, 2023
  15. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Hahah. CB doesn't read to these forums.

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. SpectralOwl

They do, but they seem to switch off after the second page of discussion in the English forums at least. Can't blame them honestly, it usually takes an hour of straight reading to catch up on some of the longer discussions and there are some mighty impressive tangents that aren't worth the effort. I've pulled some real diamonds of wisdom out of the deeper recesses of these forums but for anyone who values their time (or whose time has value) it's easier to just look at the occasional well-compiled data sharing post that crops up, like the Known Issues thread.

17. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

This was originally part of an article on video games. Or maybe a specific game. It's been awhile. Imma just leave this right here.

"The game isn’t yours. It doesn’t belong to you. Stop browbeating devs to make it cater exclusively to you, alongside everyone else who wants something different. The game belongs to the devs and the studio. Let them make their vision. If it isn’t a financial success, well then it isn’t. If they want feedback fine, but stop demanding changes that ultimately ruin it for everyone. Why? Because a game cannot be all things to all people; any game that tries just destroys itself"

18. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

@Papa Bey thats something I read a long time ago to one of this many "free 2 play" games, were people demand things for which they dont (have to) pay a single red dime. So, CB isn´t a F2P service, but, as you said, its their game, their property, their business. At the end of the day, it´s their head on the chopping block, and if they made a bad decision it is their head rolling. "But i did what my community wanted me to do" does not safe your company in case things go south.
    And as long CB is healthy as a company and generates profit, they don´t seem to do everything wrong. Maybe CB is happy with the "white knights" and "people doing everything to defend CB", and to be honest: if I would be a company and it works the way I do.... never change a running system. That said, i am not a self-made business billionair, so maybe it´s a naive way of thinking.

19. psychoticstorm

Reality is, CB has way more data than what people can gather on the wider Internet, and it is not limited to what people use in the army, but also hard sales, could also be a whim maybe they felt they could create a better sculpt and were never completely satisfied with this one.

As far as the Hulang goes, maybe the sculpt was already done and was waiting a release slot, maybe the ITS data show a significant number of people that field this profile, it would not be the first time what people play and what top end players play has a drastic difference.

20. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Exactly. CB will do what they feel is best for their company, based on the information they find valuable. We will or won’t purchase things, based on what we find valuable. Fingers crossed those things coincide.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation