1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB, please start communicating regularly with your fans

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by burlesford, Mar 23, 2023.

Tags:
?

Would you like to have a specific spokesperson for N4 as described in the thread?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    86.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

When years ago CB announced that the forum would close down, two forums were quickly created, one in Spanish (under infinitywarcors domain) and other in English (but with some national sections, see http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/index.php). After CB did a 180 turn for unclear reasons (tell me if anyone knows...), the Spanish one quickly died (the full site disappeared later), but DS just slowly went into hibernation (working attachments, national areas, free to talk about KS or non official products... kept it reasonable active for a couple of years). So if people need a public place, it just needs some dusting off (fix the cert for https; grow the moderator team back, which at the peak was bigger than the one here).

burlesford likes this.
  2. khepri

khepri Well-Known Member

I want to really, firmly +1 this comment. This forum is a valuable part of the game and the community. Forums endure, and messages in discords dissapear and are opaque. But forums require moderation, and the tone of discourse is sometimes rude and aggresive. This is not because of some moral failing of the wargaming community, any forum without moderation devolves.

Not moderating the forums keeps newer players out, as it creates a hostile environment you don't want to be a part of.

There should be official moderators moderators for the forums. I'm sure some of the community would be willing to volunteer.

Also, getting access to the forum is practically impossible. Many of you have access from way back, but currently once you sign up your user is not active, and this is not explained anywhere. You have to manually email CB's support email and request that your user is activated. I understand bots can be a bitch but there has to be a better solution. I have personally helped 3 different people get access to the forums, and it took months. The friction is too high.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation