1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcards Bronzes in a Bronze Haris

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Rabble, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Greetings good people!

It is legal to add a Bronze(Nyoka) Wildcard into a Bronze Haris Team already consisting of two Bronzes?

I have brought this question in another medium (discord infinity group), but there was a discrepancy between rules interpretation and would like to have more insight for it.

Mind that although I am inclined to think that legally it can be done, I understand the other people who say it can’t be done. And now I am in truly in doubt.

Another following question, if it could be done legally, would be if the Haris team of two Bronzes and a Bronze(Nyoka) has purity FT bonus of +3 to discover. Again I would think so, but there are some unclear grey areas in the rules and some people who agree such Haris of 3 Bronzes can be done think that they wouldn’t have the purity bonus, as the Bronze(Nyoka) is a different unit than the normal Bronze. Something that I disagree, but would like to be extra sure.

A final last question would be that in case the two Bronzes and a Wildcard Bronza is a legal Haris… why the hassle and making it extra complicated for new players to make it so convoluted to make a 3 bronze Haris when it would be much easier to make the team be 1-3 Bronzes instead of 1-2 for such Haris?

#1 Rabble, Mar 31, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Assuming it is a legal option (I am not sure on this), it will be a pure fireteam as a Bronze is a Bronze, the mechanism of wildcards would theoretically deplete your available wildcard pool to make a pure team, but I do not remember anywhere that this would matter.

3. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

My take would be ypu can habe a maximum of 2 bronzes in the Team. Because even if the bronze is a Wildcard he still is a bronze and there is a maximum of 2 bronzes allowed in the haris. So there is no way for this haris to be pure.
    I think it is pretty clear in the composition of the fireteams that there are limitations on how many of onf trooper are allowed in a haris and would neuer even thought about including a Wildcard bronze into a bronze haris. Because in that haris he is no Wildcard just a bronze

4. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Confused about this 'deplete your available wildcard pool', since it would imply that if you make a 3 Man Nisse Haris in Svalaheima you wouldn't be able to add any Nisse Wildcard to any other team... which is something I am sure you can do.

Maybe you thought the Bronze Haris is 0-1 Bronze? That would be the only way to make your statement right. But it is 1-2 in fact.

5. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Yep, indeed, that is the other way to read the rule, and I can see the logic behind it. That's why I am standing on the fence until there is either consensus, or a ruling statement is made by someone that can do so.

6. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Good luck finding this.

Back at the beginning of the Annex pretty much this very question was raised in regards to the Haqqislam Janissary fire team.

This fireteam is allowed 2 Hafza to be in the team but you could also add even more because Hafza are also wildcards and their AVA supports additional Hafza.

I recall this because it was also pointed out wildcard Hafza would violate composition because they were not Hafza(Janissary) as wildcards.

Relative to the AVA of the Bronzes and legality of inclusion.

Otherwise a fireteam of the same unit receive composition bonuses.

chromedog and Rabble like this.
  7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I think it is legal...

Bronzes are AVA3
    A Bronze Fireteam is 1-2 Bronzes + 0-1 Santiago + 0-1 SekurDroid

On Page 5 of the annex, yellow box, point 8 you can read:
    So a Bronze (Nyoka) Wildcard can be included in any Fireteam.
    You can include a max of 2 Bronze (Nyoka) Wildcard in a single Fireteam.
    You cannot exceed the AVA.

2 Bronzes + 1 Bronze (Nyoka) Wildcard should be completely legal.

bladerunner_35, Rabble and Papa Bey like this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Erbent and HellLois like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

@Rabble probably a mistake on my part, I was remembering wildcards AVA been how many of that unit you can use as wildcard in total, while as @tox points out the rule say how many of that unit the fireteam can include in total.

I am not sure though that point 8 answers that question.

khepri likes this.
  10. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

It's not possible to add a third Bronze into the Bronzes Fireteams, even with wildcard option. Because the Max number of Bronzes that this fireteam allows is 2. That Bronze (Nyoka), still being a Bronze.

I we wanted that it would be able to create a Haris of 3 Bronzes, the Max member of Bronzes would be 3, not 2.

Hope this solves any doubt. ^^

khepri, Time Bandit, Triumph and 5 others like this.
  11. psychoticstorm

Yes, that clears it up.

khepri and HellLois like this.
  12. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

It absolutely solves the doubt in question and at the same time helps to clarify how the wildcard option works in cases like this such as the Hafza! Thanks a lot! :v:

13. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Please address the same situation in QK in regards to Hafza.

14. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

I think that @HellLois is pretty clear on how the rule for wildcards that are going to be included in a link that can already include such units work. In the Hafza case, you will be able to only include up to 2 Hafzas in the Jannisaire Link, no matter what.

bladerunner_35 and HellLois like this.
  15. psychoticstorm

The answer was pretty clear.

16. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

it is not enough, it really needs to be put in the FAQ or at least in the same thread as the previous answer. it is likely a haqq player would not go read a question about bronzes and even less he'd expect that an important ruling was made in it and even more improbable that the ruling would be in direct contradiction with the ruling (or the rule conclusion) that was already made in the haqq thread.

#16 Robock, Apr 3, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    Papa Bey likes this.
  17. HellLois

CB Staff

Right. It is the same case with the Hafzas.

khepri and anubis like this.
  18. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

I think clarify it in the next FAQ would be the favourable way so it is clear for all following occasions; "a unit of the same name can only exist as many times as declared in the Fireteam-chart, both as Fireteam-related unit or Wildcard." followed by an example. So it´s easy to look up (and proove), cause i see myself asking "damn, I knew i read that a while ago, but where.......?" in a few months :sweat_smile:

HellLois and Robock like this.
  19. HellLois

CB Staff

oki doky. Noted.

Time Bandit, Triumph and anubis like this.
  20. smokingmonkee

smokingmonkee Active Member

Huh...so no five man Ghulam teams in HB with Leila or Yasbir. We've been playing that one wrong.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation