1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kritfayle: An Audio Saga for Infinity RPG

Discussion in 'FanFic' started by Wizzy, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

This is not a copy/paste topic, but I am indexing the info here, that there is an audio fanfic on the Kritfayle channel, from their rpg campaign.

The complete topic is in the section: > Partners & Distribution > Modiphius Entertainment > RPG
    Kritfayle: Audio Saga Infinity RPG - Adventures in the Human Sphere
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threa...ity-rpg-adventures-in-the-human-sphere.42109/

Kritfayle - creating RPG Game Podcasts, miniature reviews and game discussion:
    Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@Kritfayle
    Site www.Kritfayle.com
    Do you like what we do? Then consider buying us a coffee. ALEPH would love to drink it. :v:
    Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/kritfayle007
    Patreon https://www.patreon.com/Kritfayle

[​IMG]

Infinity Episode 01: Adventures in the Human Sphere

Summary:
    In the first episode of the Infinity series, we follow the adventures of three mercenaries hired by the o12 organization to investigate an attack on a research laboratory in Santiago de Neotera, on the planet Neoterra. The mercenaries are Harper North, a nomadic weapons expert, Nyx, a punkish hacker, and Faye, an aspect of the artificial intelligence Alif who leads the mission. On site, they discover that the laboratory specialized in the design of remote cognition software, and that the attack was carried out by armed agents of Eugenian origin. They also meet the laboratory's sole survivor, Dr. Andrew Cooper, who reveals that his colleague Morgan Hart has been kidnapped by the attackers. The mercenaries set off in pursuit of the kidnappers, hoping to find Hart and the secrets he holds. But they're not the only ones interested in this case, and they soon find themselves up against some formidable enemies...

Infinity Episode 02: Cold Trail of Death

Summary:

Infinity Episode 03: Illegal Alien

Summary:

#1 Wizzy, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    Danger Rose and jherazob like this.
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Episode 2
    Short story from the video with a romanticized tone:

> Faye awoke to feel the heat diminish in the space transport. She opened her eyes and saw the heat shields retract from the portholes, revealing the high-altitude ��clouds of Paradiso. She was still strapped into her comfortable seat, as were her two companions: NYX, the blue-haired rebel nomad, and Harper, the taciturn mercenary with the combi rifle. She didn't know why they were there, only that they'd been told there'd been an incident and would be briefed on arrival.
    >
    > - I see you're awake, says a synthetic voice beside her.
    >
    > It was her alif, her personal artificial intelligence that served as her assistant and partner. It took the form of a small metal cube that she wore as a pendant around her neck. It could connect to any computer network and communicate with her via neural implant or built-in loudspeaker.
    >
    > - Have you been awake all this time? she asked.
    >
    > - I'm not asleep, he replied. I can choose to go into sleep mode, but I decided to stay active in case there were any updates. There haven't been any.
    >
    > - That's a good sign, at least, she said, smiling slightly.
    >
    > She liked his alif, even if he was sometimes too logical and curious. He had helped her on many missions for the Black Bureau, the secret organization that investigated threats to humanity. She'd been an agent of the Bureau Noir for years, and she'd seen things few people could imagine. Plots, betrayals, forbidden technologies, strange creatures... She had learned to trust no one but her alif.
    >
    > - Hello, this is Bing, says another synthetic voice in the space transport. We've arrived at our destination. Please unbuckle your seatbelts and follow the instructions of the agent waiting for you at the exit.
    >
    > Faye obeyed and rose from her seat. She saw NYX and Harper do the same. NYX looked suspicious and Harper indifferent. They didn't really know each other; they'd been brought together for this mission without explanation. Faye hoped they would be able to work together despite their differences.
    >
    > They got out of the space transport and saw a young man in a dark blue suit waiting for them beside a car. He wore sunglasses that hid his eyes, and looked serious. He opened the car's rear door and beckoned them in.
    >
    > Hello, I'm agent 51," he said in a neutral voice. Follow me, please.
    >
    > Faye hesitated for a moment. She'd never heard of this Agent 51. Who was he? Who had sent him? Was he trustworthy?
    >
    > Let's go," said NYX, giving her a gentle push. We have no choice, anyway.
    >
    > Faye nodded and climbed into the car with Harper and his alif. Agent 51 closed the door behind them and took his place behind the wheel. The car started up and left the spaceport.
    >
    > Where are we going?" asked Faye.
    >
    > To downtown Salvora," replied agent 51 without turning around. That's where the Black Bureau's headquarters on Paradiso are located.
    >
    > - And that's where you're going to explain what we're doing here? insisted Faye.
    >
    > - Yes, says agent 51. But first, take a look at this.
    >
    > He pressed a button and a holographic projector lit up in the middle of the car. It showed a three-dimensional image of a truck depot riddled with bullets and corpses.
    >
    > What's this?" asked Harper, frowning.
    >
    > - The result of a shootout between two Black Bureau agents and a criminal cartel, says Agent 51. The agents were investigating the cartel's theft of communications equipment. They were ambushed and returned fire. One agent is dead, the other missing.
    >
    > - And that's why we're here? asked NYX, looking at the picture with interest.
    >
    > - Yes, says agent 51. Your mission is to track down the missing agent, Indigo by pandra, and find out what's really going on behind this theft of equipment. Here's all we know so far.
    >
    > He handed them an envelope from his inside pocket. Faye took it and opened it. Inside, she found photos of the two Black Bureau agents, August and Indigo by pandra, as well as reports on their investigation and last-known whereabouts. She shared the contents with NYX.

Danger Rose likes this.
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Episode 3
    Short story from the video with a romanticized tone:

> Faye drove the car at top speed along the dusty roads of Paradiso. She glanced uneasily in the rearview mirror, where she could see the cartel's drones in pursuit. She gritted her teeth and pressed the gas pedal, hoping to lose their enemies. Beside her, NYX held his combi rifle and fired through the window at the drones. He swore every time he missed his target or saw a new drone appear. Behind them, Harper and Indigo by pandra sat in the back seat. Harper had bandaged Indigo by pandra's wounds with pieces of cloth he'd torn from his clothes. Indigo by pandra was pale and weak, but she had regained consciousness. She looked at Faye with gratitude and admiration.
    >
    > Thank you for saving me," she said in a weak voice. I don't know how you found me.
    >
    > - It's thanks to your notebook, Faye replied without taking her eyes off the road. You wrote down your appointment with Jojo. We followed your trail all the way to the cartel complex.
    >
    > - Jojo... that bastard... he betrayed me... he sold me to the cartel... he wanted the voodoo tech...
    >
    > - Voodoo tech? What's that?" asked NYX, reloading his gun.
    >
    > - It's extraterrestrial technology, explained Indigo by pandra. It's very rare and very expensive. The cartel wanted to get hold of it and sell it to the megacorps. Jojo was my informant, and he was supposed to tell me where the equipment was. But he set a trap for me. He'd been working for the cartel all along. He handed me over to them. They tortured me to make me tell them what I knew about voodoo tech. But I didn't. I didn't betray the Black Bureau.
    >
    > You're very brave," says Faye, smiling at her. You've done your duty. You can be proud of yourself.
    >
    > - Thank you, says Indigo by pandra, smiling faintly. And you're very talented. You've managed to hack into the voodoo tech. How did you do it?
    >
    > It's thanks to my alif," says Faye, pointing to the metal cube around her neck. It's my personal artificial intelligence. It can connect to any computer system and control it. It managed to deactivate the security cameras and open the doors of the complex. Without it, we wouldn't have been able to get in or out.
    >
    > - Your alif is impressive, says Indigo by pandra, looking at the cube with curiosity. Does it have a name?
    >
    > - No, says Faye with a shrug. It's just an alif.
    >
    > I call him Alif," laughs NYX. He doesn't really like it, but I think it suits him.
    >
    > - I have no preference for my name or designation, says the cube in a synthetic voice. I'm simply an alif.
    >
    > See?" says NYX with a smile. He's modest, too.
    >
    > - Above all, he's very useful, says Harper, looking out the back window. He's bought us time and a head start on the cartel. But we're not out of the woods yet. We still have to get to the spaceport and find a way off this shitty planet.
    >
    > You're right," says Faye, nodding in agreement. We've got to stay on our guard. The cartel isn't going to let us down like this. They'll do anything to get the voodoo tech back.
    >
    > What?" exclaimed Indigo by pandra, sitting up abruptly. You took the voodoo tech? But you're crazy! It's too dangerous! It's too precious! It must be destroyed! We've got to give it back to the Black Bureau!
    >
    > Calm down," says Faye, putting a hand on his shoulder. We know what we're doing. We're not going to keep the voodoo tech for ourselves. We're going to hand it over to Agent 51. He's the one who sent us on this mission. He's the one who knows what to do with the voodoo tech.
    >
    > - Agent 51? Who's that?" asked Indigo by pandra, frowning.
    >
    > He's a mysterious man who contacted us when we arrived on Paradiso," explained Faye. He gave us information about your investigation and your disappearance. He entrusted us with this car and told us to meet him at the spaceport when we'd finished our mission.
    >
    > And you trust him?" asked Indigo by pandra, shaking his head. You don't know anything about him! You don't even know if he really works for the Black Bureau! Maybe he's working for the cartel! Maybe he's working for a megacorp! Maybe he's working for the aliens!
    >
    > We have no choice," says NYX, shrugging his shoulders. He's the one paying us. Besides, he seems to know what he's doing. He's given us useful information and helped us out on several occasions.
    >
    > - Yeah, like when he sent us into a death trap, Harper says with a grimace.
    >
    > - Well, okay, he's not perfect, NYX admitted with a yellow smile. But he's not evil either. He just wants to get the voodoo tech and keep it safe.

Danger Rose likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation