1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Given the apparent profile load out it appears to be an Engineer who got made cheap due to the SMG discount. So either that's a new Zero that has to clock in at about 20-ish points or it'll become a new unit that might be linkable with either selected Units or all of them.

Savnock and Time Bandit like this.
  2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I like how the fans are imitating the art

3. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

Personally I like sectorials being more than less distinct, so Bakunin shedding some cyberpunkishness after Tunguska and leaning more into religious aesthetic for me is a logical and welcome development.
    I just kinda wish they made Observance (with Black Hand?) into its own sectorial, and give the rest of Bakunin freedom to be as wild as possible.
    Maybe it would be less controversial too.
    This way we would have:
    religious sectorial (Observance)
    CYBERpunk sectorial (Tunguska)
    cyberPUNK sectorial (Bakunin)
    boring sectorial (Corregidor) ;P

Savnock, Chaserabinov, Ugin and 2 others like this.
  4. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

But it would be a "safe" religious sectorial with no kink :(
    Give me a fascistic religious femdom half-naked nun-cult and I'm all in. I'll slaughter infidels in the name of The Saint Mary of The Knife for my mistress mommy Head Nun.

Savnock, Solar and Bignoob like this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Yeah because CB has never done that before!

[​IMG]

Chaserabinov, csjarrat and Solodice like this.
  6. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

The great Thing about models is that you can paint your models The way you want to. If the New Red Scheme isn't for you paint them in coherent colours to your existing painted Miniatures.
    White power armor with Orange accents will Look pretty cool. Will be grad to See them painted in that style ;)
    I went for spanish Inquisition with my observance, red Robes, Black and ivory armor. All my other bakunin is dark torquoise and violet.

Jumara likes this.
  7. SpectralOwl

The issue with the studio scheme is the box art in stores- nearly everyone I've met who's started collecting with a Sectorial has bought something from outside their army because the boxes don't make it clear. Switching the studio scheme, especially on a human faction, is going to make the issue even worse; it's probably better for all three of the Code One players, who can only pick "Nomads", but Bakunin was easily identifiable as the primarily-white Nomads while Corregidor was mostly red and Tunguska emphasised the black. Going to primarily red is going to clash with existing stocks of white Bakunin, which will look nothing like the front-and-centre new starter for people who aren't looking at minute details like the underlayers of armour.

8. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I think they don´t have to walk the safe path. We have 2023. People should be more tolerating, more open minded then ever. It should be nothing but a raised eyebrow when a miniatur shows legs or even a bit butt. Look at pop music video nowaday and you see more nearly exposed body parts or male/female clichees. But people also have it easier to complain openly via Interwebs.

It don´t have to be a Techbee outfit, because it look silly when painted in flesh-tones, but a little bit more daring wouldn´t be bad.

I think they did (and one can also see here that they wear hoods instead of the nun-habits):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But we don´t see there backsides yet :smirk:

#168 archon, Feb 16, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    Jumara, Abrilete and Bignoob like this.
  9. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Oh, you young fellas, let me tell you a story of old :-D

[​IMG]

thats actually a good point, thats something i´ve overseen. Seems like i will do what i preach: wait for more infos other than a leaked picture.

This one realy made me laugh out loud. Yes, you are totally right. People SHOULD be tolerant. But refute that means going down a rabbit hole i think no one here realy wants to.

Jumara, zapp, Daireann and 2 others like this.
  10. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I really hope its not a clockmaker. How long was it since devil girl? 3 months?

anubis likes this.
  11. anubis

I don´t realy think it´s a clockmaker. As you said, last clockmaker is not long in the past, (defenetly more than 3 months, according to my pile of shame...) and the typical eng/doc-combo comes mostly in a seperate pack. Maybe it is, as @Tristan228 mentioned, a discounted version of an eng, whyever that is needed. Lets wait and see

Savnock and Tristan228 like this.
  12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

It's 100 percent a new unit. Some new skirmisher-ish(er) type similar to the Thyreos I reckon (it even looks similar).

Looking at the MO and Morat Action Packs, each had 3 new units. Crosiers, Knight Commander, and KotHS for MO (true, the Sepulcher Knight was only half new); Dartok, Kyosot, and Kaitok for Morats.

The leaked image pretty clearly shows three new units as well: the S5 HI, the two halo HIs, and the engineer lady.

Which imo also puts to rest all the speculations of "are these the new Riot Grrls?" Guys, the Riot Grrls are one of the only Bakunin boxes that aren't going OOP, so they're staying like they were.

#172 burlesford, Feb 17, 2023
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

You could paint the new Moiras to be showing skin on their thighs if you really wanted, the HMG one is basically wearing boots and suspenders should you really, really want to interpret them like that

I think they look fantastic and I'm really psyched for the release.

Savnock likes this.
  14. Tristan228

Warcor

Technically it doesn't even have to be an Engineer, see the Tech Bee (or as an analog Pandora with her MediKit) but so far GizmoKits are stronlgy connectet to Engineers.

Now in no relation to your quote, why the nuns do feel grimdark (on an imaginary scale from 0 to 100% grimdark it clocks in at a solid 5.6%) me:

It's the colour palette, general tonality and composition
    In both cases a limited colour palette was used with black, red, white and yellow with an overall brooding feel to it. Also the Moiras Pose might've been highly inspired by the Sororita artwork on the left, less skulls of course.
    20230217_120531.jpg 20230217_115924.jpg

Then there's this comparision, big exo suit with big sword and gun also some sacral looking embellishments.
    zrnmb8trpddmnu2m.jpg 20230217_120137.jpg
    On a side note, the S5 Nun in the suit will be most likely equipped with a Red Fury since you can see the nozzle right next to the HMG Moira's ankle.
    And if the CCW colour code applies the Moira is Equipped with a Mono CCW whilst the two halo sisters wield DA CCWs.

#174 Tristan228, Feb 17, 2023
    Golem2God, Abrilete, Savnock and 2 others like this.
  15. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Any reference to that John Blanche art is automatically awesome. Therefore, this release has now become awesome :laughing:

Seriously though, it IS a great look.

Savnock, Stiopa, Rejnhard and 3 others like this.
  16. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Oh I let this one out, because I thought she is too old for reference :innocent::smirk:

17. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

And I suppose the numdam's sword is just normal or shock CCW, reflecting the the fact that CB has a deceptive contingency to occasionally make miniature's melee weapon look menacing, while the actual profile is just meh:joy:

Tristan228 likes this.
  18. Tristan228

Warcor

I was tempted to state the same since up until recently there was indeed an inverse CCW size to CC skill ratio present, then Shona Corona, the new Kitsune and the Limited Shikami came out, followed by Kornak. All of them have oversized CCWs and are good to very good melee fighters! Confusing times...:sweat_smile:

Also Nundam is a nice nickname for the big nun :laughing:

Ugin likes this.
  19. anubis

To be fair there are fimilaritys, but not everything that has this pose is grimdark by default. Let me prove that :-D
    20230217_115924.jpg 20230217_120531.jpg index v bnv.jpg

I am afraid thats not the only thing old in here :sweat::grinning:

20. vaguerant

vaguerant Lieutenant Level 0

For anyone who hasn’t given it a listen yet, the newest Mayacast has Tom naming a few of these units: the Penitent Observant and the Cenobite for the two new heavier infantry; and the Orphan for the new line trooper to the right.

Cthulhu363, Abrilete, Savnock and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation