1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ramah ramah...

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Doa, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Hi guys after sometimes i'm back playing haqq, trying to play ramah after my beloved qk
    I'm putting together some list for unmasking and i have some doubt on aro piece. Other than sunduqbut ramah lack camo marker on midfield(but are 50 pt for a model, although a strong one) and other than fanous+warcor a strong option seems a ghulam core with 2 zhayedan ml. Indeed are a high cost defensive piece that can hit at 18 in good range.
    What are your though about this ft? I know that putting a couple of ghulam ml will open pretty taste scenarios for spend 30 circa but taking one step at time i am wishful to hear your opinion on that and all the advice for aro game in rtf.
    Cheers

2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm also moving into RTF, after being a long time HB & QK player. I'm looking at the zhayedan sniper\ML in a haris. If you want to keep the fire team 'ghulam' keep in mind you can use Leila . I Usually have fanous as chearleader which can quickly move up and extend her hacking range without losing the positioning.

People also tend to forget about the Al fasid HRL. It's got an SMG that lets you go into suppressing fire. If you place him right the 24 inch SF range can slow your opponent down a lot. if your opponent tries something at longer range you have the HRL to ARO.

The Sunduoqbut sounds interesting as an ARO piece, but I think its better suited for zone controlling.

3. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Another model to think about for ARO in Ramah is the Hortlak Janissary Sniper. At 1.5 wounds, BS 13, BS Attack (+1 Damage) MSV 1, Armor 3, and Minetism -3, it is not a bad unit. It is also linkable for a Haris that could be somewhat cheap when using wildcards. The only issue is you would have to proxy it due to the lack of model.

4. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I use a TR HMG and a Zhayaden Sniper in Ghulam core sometimes. I have also just used two TR HMG bots as disposable turrets. Ramah unfortunately has a weakness in ARO, thats simply how they work.

Other options:
    Beasthunter with HFT
    Tuareg Hacker (The Tuareg sniper has done terrible for me)
    Al'Fasid HRL

The Sunduq Viral Rifle Minelayer pairs well with the Beasthunter HFT. Beasthunter is kind of like a living mine.

As mentioned by @Brokenwolf Hortlak AP Sniper is a good aro as well, but I just have not used it yet as it doesnt fit my play style.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  5. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Tomorrow i'll play this list for unmasking. I'll tell you how will go
    Unmasking
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    NAMURR (Tactical Awareness) Breaker Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Heavy Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0 | 41)
    KHAWARIJ (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Grenades, Flash Pulse / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    KHAWARIJ (NCO, Multispectral Visor L2) Mk12 ( ) / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    MUKHTAR (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 31)
    MUKHTAR Viral Rifle, Nanopulser(+1B) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    CARMEN Chain Rifle(+1B), Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol(+1B), DA CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] BÂTARD Trench-Hammer, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    GHULAM (Lieutenant) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GHULAM Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    ZHAYEDAN Missile Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 28)
    ZHAYEDAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 27)

2.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. smokingmonkee

smokingmonkee Active Member

I'm still new but doesn't the NCO have to be in the same combat group as the Lieutenant to benefit from their order?

7. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

yes, i'll change the group composition

8. Cadwallon

Cadwallon Well-Known Member

If you came from QK, djamba sniper from the starter box could be good proxy for hortlak sniper.

Al fassid rocket can make some ARO duty while defending deployment with mines and smg. The main problem with this sectorial is MSV in ARO.
    Check https://thegoodguyswearorange.blogspot.com/ for ideas.

Cheers

Danger Rose and Brokenwolf like this.
  9. Brokenwolf

They do NOT have to be in the same Combat Group:

https://infinitythewiki.com/NCO

"To be able to use this Special Skill it is not compulsory that the owner and the Lieutenant belong to the same Combat Group."

Doa and theGricks like this.
  10. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've played a lot with Ramah after they were released and also a bit in current edition. I know RTF doesn't have Haqq's typical cheap and great ARO (Daylami, Ghazi etc), but they still have some options. Shihabs are nice, you can also have few Fanous. Beasthunter as a camouflaged threat - supported by Sunduqbut, or the other way round ;) If you want to put so many points in ARO - I mean taking Sunduq with Neurocinetics.
    As was already mentioned, a good ARO unit is Hortlak sniper. I converted my Hortlaks from old Azrails. A sniper in a fireateam is a great threat for many enemies, I had a game where he stopped Aleph's advance - in cooperation with TR, Jan ML et cetera ofcourse.

As I like playing aggressively, I also like to use my FT for overwatch, and Zhayedans are the guys who I use. Most of the times my ML Zhay just have bad shots, but when she hits, it blows up beautifully ;) And sniper is also good.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Samanar likes this.
  11. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Yea this caught me a bit ago. Pretty sure in N3 they did have to be in the same group, but in N4 you dont.

12. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

My standard core is some variation on a Zhayedan shooter (ML, Sniper, maybe an HMG but they're better for active hunting) and a bunch of ghulams including a doc. For ~75pts./1.5SWC you can get a Zhayedan ML, and 4 Ghulams w/ doc. This becomes your ARO anchor and leaves plenty of points to do something with. I've found it's worth it to upgrade with either a Ghulam sniper or another Zhayedan (depending on points/SWC left) because then you can anchor either "end" of the core with a long range shooter and keep the support troops in the middle to fill gaps (the odd Ghulam with panzerfaust can be a nasty surprise too)

13. Brokenwolf

That looks fun! You might wish to transfer the Muktar dou or Carmen into the second group to be able to utilize those five orders with an attack piece.

Doa likes this.
  14. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

I don't like normal sniper rifle, lacking ap or da ammunition do not encourage me to spend point on it.
    Probably saturday morning i'll thinking about putting a couple of ghulam instead zhayedan XD

15. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Last minute adjustment
    Unmasking 1.0
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    GHULAM Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    GHULAM (Lieutenant) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    CARMEN Chain Rifle(+1B), Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol(+1B), DA CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] BÂTARD Trench-Hammer, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 5)
    KHAWARIJ (NCO, Multispectral Visor L2) Mk12 ( ) / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    KHAWARIJ (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Grenades, Flash Pulse / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    MUKHTAR (Doctor [+3]) Boarding Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    MUKHTAR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    MUKHTAR (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 31)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

16. Brokenwolf

Again, I really would recommend that you put at least one active piece in the group with the link team. Right now, those 5 orders are not really being used. Options include:
    • Making a Ghulam an NCO Smoke Grenade Launcher: Smoke is always useful.
    • Making one of the Zhayedan an HMG: It gives you some long range active turn shooting.
    • Moving either the Haris or Duo to group one: Putting both active turn links in the same group may leave you order starved.
    Good luck!

17. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

I know that my list lack some treat vbut this is where i start to play haqq again and after this game i'll made some changes for sure.
    About changing ghroup composition, if i put haris/duo in 1st group and don't start probably i'll have only 4 or 5 order to use it in my turn. Both the zhayedan should die and maybe even a third piece. And spare ghulam will be moved in 2nd group as someone will die

18. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

I've had a similar core link survive (or get back up) for entire games. I agree with @Brokenwolf that you should put an active piece in that group. If you're worried about losing several of them when going second, I'd put Carmen & Batard in that group. Hide Carmen & B and the three ghulams if you're going second, then even if you lose both ML Zhayedan (that's a rough round) that still gives Carmen 5 orders to make her run (her Impetuous and 4 regular orders)

Brokenwolf likes this.
  19. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Hi guys, little recap of the night.
    We played two games(honestly two half games....)
    First games mt opponent had the first turn and i saw how devastating could be two zhayedan ml, when got the opportunity they hit a ft core of YJ's Hi and my opponent made 12 saves(yes, the ft exploded)... well we conclude the the games little after.
    Second games i had the first turn and i realized how bigh were the problems that i noticed before(and i use very poorly carmen), i missed an hmg or long range offensive weapons. I relied too much on smoke and movement from khawarijs. I saw how namurr is better suited to be a solo piece than a complement for a ft.
    I am thinking to give a shot at shakush, have you an opinion avbout the bigh boy?

20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Not in Ramah, but I have used a Shakush in HB.

It is not a big boy, and as long as you keep that in mind, it should do fine.
    It is a very decent, reasonably-priced gun platform, with no unnecessary bells & whistles.
    Keep it in cover, and be wary of enemy AP weapons or hackers. Use it to engage targets in its effective rangeband.
    Remember that you have the rest of your list to use, too - don't force yuor Shakush to do all the work.

Doa and Cadwallon like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation