Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Camo Token

Camo Token Well-Known Member

Safe, bland, boring. Disappointed, tbh.

Lesh', Abrilete, Solodice and 2 others like this.
  2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I guess there wouldn't be much brainwashing needed to turn a fanatic feminist into a feminist Mary of the Knife obeying fantic :thinking_face:

Useful stuff like cybermine dispensers and mobile servers full of un-christian content? :D

3. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

Judging by the forums, CB gonna fold soon. New Morats? "Trash, previous was better". New Bakunin? "Trash, previous was better".
    I think that CB willing to expand it's aesthetic beyond appleseed operating operators has a chance to catch more eyes and more players, but it's just a wild speculation.
    Would be super curious about future sales.

4. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Having a big-ass sword doesnt mean you are good in CC. Looking at you, Swiss guard.

imagine, wouldn´t that be amazing? Not able to kick a bucket of water, but frying the brain of an Asura while flooding her neurals with adds and memes and WERE THE HELL DOES THIS MUSIC COME FROM?

10/10 would play that.

#104 anubis, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    Tristan228 likes this.
  5. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

for some reason, in my mind that blade was part of the missile launcher

RAF and Daireann like this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

They look great I think. I'm sick of all the christian stuff though and want my Buddhist/Taoist Yu Jing faction! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though I thing they look cool and a bit jealous of course.

burlesford, Daireann and kesharq like this.
  7. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I like the clean look. It is such a heavy SWC army pack (Two multi-snipers, a ML, a HD, and maybe an HMG) that I wonder how much the profiles have changed. I am guessing the Halo HI are Observance Teutonic Knights? Cheap Impetuous HI to throw at the enemy?

Time Bandit likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

So it looks like their own version of Teutonic Knights. HI short range and CC weapons. Probably Frenzy and can of course throw it out the window if in a fireteam. An S5 HI, Doc and Eng, etc. It does seem like a copy-paste on the outside.

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I mostly like what I'm seeing. Serious, focused theme. Those cross armbands are a nice touch, hinting at more authoritarian vibes. Two gripes I do have: poses are indeed more boring, old Custodiers were very cool and it's sad to see this dynamism go, and that bfs the big sister is carrying - I'm not a fan of overly prominent CCWs in Infinity, especially when they're big and ugly. And I second what @Errhile said, please keep grimdark far away from the game.

And I also wonder if we won't see a split and another sectorial being made out of the more anarchist and liberal elements of Bakunin. Possibly an NA2 one.

Golem2God and Shyvax like this.
  10. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Anything that allows me to keep fielding my My Little Pony themed Riot Grrls as actual riot grrls.

Golem2God, Errhile and Stiopa like this.
  11. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Was looking at bakunin as my next sectorial. Sadly those S2 HI felt way to 40k as others have pointed out. That large HI feels more like a construction suit/triphammer to me. I think the nuns are all okay though.

Shyvax likes this.
  12. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

The big power armor just looks like a Grey Knight baby carrier...I mean Dread Knight. They went in hard on the least interesting part of Bakunin, the Observance.

Maybe they are just running short of ideas, we got Not-MO with a 40k Dreadknight/Morat rip, and the new Corregidor Diablos look suspiciously like House Goliath members.

Golem2God and Tristan228 like this.
  13. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Man, I can't help but roll my eyes hard at the 40k comparisons. Come on, mates.

40k is baroque, bulky, grimdark sci-fi.

Infinity is sleek, sexy cyberpunk sci-fi.

Diablos look like David Martinez from the cyberpunk game. The new bulky nun looks straight up like an exo-armor from a cyberpunk game called The Ascent.

Just because they're religious people with power armor doesn't mean they're 40k ripoffs.

14. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Exactly

- They have become more baroque and way less cyberpunk
    - and way bulkier than the previous Reverend

Tristan228 likes this.
  15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I see that the Sineaters and the Custodiers keep the same design, I do wonder if in the lot of Last Chance, we won't end up with a repack of some references for the punk part of Bakunin. For the Military Orders, we finally got 2 starters, so why not here too, with a starter for the Observance and a repack for the punks.

Except for the big HI, I like this battle sister side, I hope we'll see at least one or two furry (chimera or a human modified in the style of the old daktari), I liked this side of the faction.The reboot delivers the jokes on the discords from what I've seen, that's a guarantee of success.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Girrrl Power!​

From discord, it reported many analogies with the sarter of the military orders, is funny:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This miniature walks on a carcass of ALEPH guy, so already on the lore level we could perhaps have a track for the new book:

[​IMG]

Nomads, Bakunin, David Martinez... Martinez... Martinez... Philippe Martinez... first syndicate in France... anarchy, syndication... omg... there is a celebrity who plays bakunin on secret....

Jumara and Golem2God like this.
  16. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Looks like a recreation of Mother Teresa...

Yep, I feels like new Bakunin is taking that path :/

Modock likes this.
  17. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I like what I see. At first look, I think the design is untypical rounded (and no, there is no pun intendend and I don´t mean the female roundings) - maybe I saw too many Morats ;-) Butt I want to see the backside of the Moiras, I miss that they show one cheek. Posewise I have to agree to many postings here, apart from the new power armour sisters with chain rifle most poses are a bit bland compared to the cool action poses from the current Custodiers.

Carlos pointed out in the video from OTT that the rework focus on the Observance side of Bakunin and I think this the result. Not bad, not too fancy and close to Battle Sisters from another TT system just because its the same vibe - relegious, female fanatics with weapons and armour.

So far I am happy to have only one male here ;-) This one is the less needed design rework and ruleswise also not the first choice, but fluffwise he is fitting.

Okay. Sineater MSR. Lets hope he will get a little upgrade in his profile. Next we have a new type of sister in form of a HI. Judging from the chain rifle maybe a cheap version of Domaru/Teutonic Knight. I like the helmets they look sci fi and judge dreddy.
    The Healer is hopfuly only doctor in a nun-outfit, because the old one look way more cool. Okay its only one pic here and she stands in the back. But for a bad ass combination of healing and slaying she look to much Mother Theresa.
    The Moiras are a very good translation from the former ones to the more modern ones. Poses are good compared to the old box with the two bodys makes four loadouts with different arms style. Have a dimishing hope for an half bare back here. It looks like we have HMG and MSR here so they are supposed to be the point-ladys of the fireteam.
    The big one could be either new or Taskmaster rework (not sure how he would fit fluff wise). I like the look very much, except for the sword...
    speaking of swords:
    I will never understand why CB puts soooo much swords on sci fi minis. They have a fantasy game now, there is plenty of room for swords. And it is even more harder to understand when a unit is barly mediocre in CC: Number one is Swiss Guard (my version has a pistol instead), Ye Mao Hacker (I also give him a pistol made from a spare medikit) - why in the world he would carry a longsword around? Shang Ji HRL - look I have CC 19 woa you dare come close at me - oh my Buddah. Valery Gromoz regular edition wields a big machete - she is a hacker with CC 15! If MO uses swords, fine, JSA, fine, but the Moiras? Again whooping CC 19 without any mods.
    New Custodier design looks very cool. Okay the pose is a bit boring, but okay. The last one - very nice looking - could be a Clockmaker version like the MO Curators - still engineer but Observance look and feel.

I am courios what they will made with the crazy side of Bakunin. And how the Moderators will look like.

#117 archon, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    Stiopa, kesharq and burlesford like this.
  18. Zmaj

Zmaj Active Member

They almost don't look they are from Infinity, let alone Nomads, or Mary forbids Bakunin.

I was prepared to be disappointed, but not this much ^^' I had my hopes for the Sin-eater and Custodier, but the Sin-eater looks too much like those old ones with awkward heads (it might be because of the angle of the photo, lighting and the paintjob) and Custodier might be fine (again, can't really tell from the photo), but I like the pose of the old one more. She seemed composed and confident (the way I would imagine a space nun to be), in contrast to dynamic pose of the new one.

I'm really glad I grabed Icestorm Reverand Healer and I might try to get the BSG one. And as for that engineer, I think there's like 3-4 more minis that came out in last 2 years that look almost exactly like that one. I guess they had to add it cose of the robonuns, but it's so bland. And that gizmokit isn't helping and should be banned by the Concilium ^^' It really downgrades every model that has is. Just look at the Tomcat, I didn't realise how nice it looked (it really has the "parachustis" vibe) until @burlesford made that fine conversion of it with Kaizoku Spec-Ops arms.

I remember thinking about how nice the Tankos were when N4 brought HI discount and how they would be nice to field, and when Nomads got those totaly not-Goliath they seemed like a nice compromise, not as good as Tankos, but still fun (I liked the concept art, but the poses of the actual models seem a bit awkward). Now that Bakunin is getting something that's looking like a Tanko (probably more expensive but with higher stats and more things on the profile) everything seemes more and more bland. Not every Faction should have almost the same things, especially not every Sectorial. And I could have swear I saw those robonuns somewhere before in some other computer or miniature game, those helmets especially (CB just added two blue vertical lines like the ones on the Spektr's helmet, but it didn't really help in making them look nomad-y). Also, I'll try ignoring that biggest nun in pseudo-TAG.

Old Moiras looked great, they just suffered from being a MI and from CC bloat on squishy long range profiles. That bare skin in the original paintjob was a bit iffy, but you could fix that yourself. I guess new ones are okay-ish. That "gun on shoulder" pose isn't my favorite.

I'm now really afraid of what they'll do to Morlocks, as much as I don't like references, those looked good and you could have painted them not to look like references. Crockman looks the way I would imagine a Morlock. Two biggest things that bugged me about them was Colossus' hair and Quinn's hammer, both of which could be fixed with either some greenstuff or simple conversion.

I had a feeling that Infinity was on downward trajectory since N4 came out, doing N4 and Defiance parallelly really did show, and now they are just branching more and more. When did CB went to the stock market, I can't remember?

Sorry for being grim and doomsaying, I guess I watched @Vaulsc too much and it rubbed off me ^^

#118 Zmaj, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  19. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I think the new starter minis look good but I'm really hope that the kooky, crazy parts of Bakunin are still represented. Myabe it would be better to have Bakunin mothership be split between two sectorials. One for the pagan nuns & the other for the Bakunin the player knew and loved. The side that got most of them to pick up and play that mothership.
    I'm rooting to see the uniqueness of Bakunin be released after this Observance wave. The nun models are good conversions for female MO in PanO. I for one liked MO's look and Knights.
    But if Bakunin goes hard into the Observance where nearly half of the sectorial consists of them I think it is a disastrous mistake. They should not be more than 1/3 of the sectorial's choices. Hopefully this start set has all of the different units the Observance is going to get in the Bakunin rework. I think most of the player base will not be happy about it including someone like me who doesn't play Nomads.

Modock likes this.
  20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am not seeing neither the boring, nor the grimdark, I think the comparisons with a grimdark universe are not warranted, I would accept it if everything was looking like an impractical shrine that somehow moves, none of the models shown do, not even remotely.

@Wizzy yes, some MO conversion like that crossed my mind....

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation