1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

*whispers* black hand... is it finally time?

kesharq likes this.
  2. Shyvax

Shyvax Active Member

this could be interesting.... a split would make sense. But do you think they would go as far as creating another new Sectorial? Keeping the crazies out from the religious?

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

No idea. Besides, wasn't Black Hand meant to be a combined element of all 3 motherships? Eg. Gen. Sarmiento of Corregidor being its director...

@Shyvax I'm saying it would be sensible from the fluff point of view as we see it now - and I'm saying that, inspired by the composition and aesthetics of the box presented.

Would it make sense from a marketing perspective? I have not a slightest idea.
    Would it make sense from a logistic POV for the CB and their retail structure? I guess no, not really. Unless they'd decide to shelve the BJC for a time, and support only the Observancy.

Now, personally I don't have a dog in this fight, so I can allow myself to let my ideas run wild - and patiently wait for what comes out of that in a couple of weeks... :)

#83 Errhile, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I'm glad i bought the Bakunin starter box last month... Now i'll wait for the updated rules

5. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I think I might do the same...

Jumara likes this.
  6. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I hope you are not right.

positive: That would mean at least a new profile (Chain Rifle) for the RiotGrrls. I would like that.

negative: RiotGrrls with christian symbols/emblem/stuff are not Riot Grrls anymore

Abrilete, Savnock, Jumara and 2 others like this.
  7. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

I understood that reference!

That sounds like keeping the avocado out of the guacamole. That doesn´t make any sense.

I find it interesting how the opinion to the minis on the leaked picture differ. I am hyped (i think a big part of it is that my beautiful bakunin modells get new rules, and the new modells are cherry on top when good looking), some of the minis are just what i want. I am happy custodier design looks familiar (but i dont like what i see from the pose), but tbh: thats one picture, no render, nothing else. I am a big fan of waiting how it turns out finally (style and multiple, more detailed pictures and rules count in) and not ordering the modells long before i know anything more than one single picture (Yu jing Bixie-"fans" know what i´m talking about :-D )

I am in the happy state, that i dont "need" anything thats reworked. I have 4 moiras, 2 custodiers, 3 Kusanagies, 2 Healers, 2 Sin-eaters. All with (mostly) great modells. I can allow myself to be nitpicky and just buy what i like.

I highly doubt that. at least every explenation fluff-wise has to be realy shoehorned into that. As i said previously; Riot grrls are one of the most iconic units by design, a lot of bakunin-related artworks feature them, not to forget the amazing unit-pictures . And the already done reworks (i think it´s 3 at this time) went some similar design with the armor and headpiece.

#87 anubis, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  8. Shyvax

Shyvax Active Member

The sculpts are gorgeous.... just a little off from the existing Bakunin look.

I love what CB did with the Morat.... not so much with the Pano religious. But is is also because I like the cyberpunk look and feel over the religious military look. So maybe, the new Bakunin is just not my cup of tea anymore... and that's okay. I have plenty old models, and I can always look elsewhere.... I am looking a you space pirates and qapu khalqi ;-)

but.... first let's see what actually is happening beyond a single leaked images.

Cthulhu363 and Golem2God like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not see anything radically different from before, all these are observance units and look more or less like observance units, and I quite like what I see.

Time Bandit, bona, burlesford and 3 others like this.
  10. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Freakin awesome concept & models.

Cthulhu363 and burlesford like this.
  11. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I like the models. I even like the Halo HI.

However, if those are Riot Grrls, or if Riot grrls are no longer in the army, I'm out on principle. I started playing Bakunin for angry anarchists in power armor, not battle nuns.

Lesh', Abrilete, Time Bandit and 2 others like this.
  12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

they were smart enough to hide the big nun loadout...

Will she be a long range big sistah like azrail or a close range like kaitok and his triple chain rifle? it seems she has some type of visor, maybe hacker?

13. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

On the plus side , MO players get a whole new set of proxies.

Lesh', Savnock, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  14. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Well, she has a massive sword so she should have at least some CC capacity
    upload_2023-2-15_15-36-32.png

Abrilete likes this.
  15. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Thanks for your clarification on the HI not being RiotGrrls (as they are no Observance-related unit). :grinning:

16. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

If you look closely, the big nun has a buster sword on her hand. So I'm guessing she's something like a sepulchre, with passable CC but a focus on long range.

Jumara likes this.
  17. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

I have to say I like the Buster Sword on the S5 that is quite bakunin to me but not impressed with the new sword design on the s2. I did like the old Facion type and crescent knives (morlock's) quit a lot.

Abrilete likes this.
  18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I give no clarification, but, they have the observance tabard, they have the observance symbol on their shoulder pad (Moiras have it on their chest) and if they were Riots they would be the only non observance unit present in the picture.

Errhile and kesharq like this.
  19. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

The Visors of Hacker and MSV look quite equal (interventor, Alguacil, Cheerkillers MSV2 as reference).
    Think about that: The big sissi is not big because of some heavy armor stuff, but she carries around with her some sh*tload of hacking gear to kick ALEPH-butts left´n´right. Some Custodiers on steroids kind of things.

20. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

And Riot Grrls miniatures not being discontinued would imply they will not have new design.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation