1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@burlesford Very nice paint job on all the miniature you have here.

burlesford likes this.
  2. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

What a great picture to look at...Gorgeous army!

burlesford likes this.
  3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks guys. As promised, more year review stuff: My Nomads only got some very basic reinforcements this year: Proper REMs, Zondbots, a few more Securitate, and Sforza, who joined the Tunguska roster in early 2022:

[​IMG]

#383 burlesford, Dec 30, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 13 others like this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Alright, time for the big family picture. Here's everything I painted in 2022. Happy new year, and may you paint many miniatures in 2023!

[​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 19 others like this.
  5. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Love your colour schemes!

burlesford likes this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks @Law Dawg! Since I aspire to be a great artist, they're all stolen :P

Now that we know that Bakunin is up for a revamp this year, it's finally time to paint all the stuff I still have lying around. After all, I already have half the sectorial painted. Just need a "few" more additions.

[​IMG]

Let's hope I can get a few games in with these before the cards get reshuffled in April.

redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 7 others like this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

The first of them are done. Zoe & Pi-Well were the first unit I desperately wanted to try out since ITS14 dropped. Unfortunately, in my first game with them, Zoe died to Al-Djabel in the first turn. Pi-Well didn't manage to kill much either, but he proved an amazingly tough roadblock late-game. Better luck next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

As much as I'm not a fan of the unit*, I need a Vostok for my Bakunin and Tunguska. Since I sold most of my S4 REMs, I had to paint up another one. This time, I went for another Tsyklon, since they're the most elegant of the bunch imo.

The reason I'm not a fan is not because the unit isn't good (it's amazing), but that it's better than almost any other choices for your main gunfighters in both sectorials while not being a very thematic piece. Corvus Belli shoving it into all three sectorials as a wildcard, together with Fiddler, means that while I could take a Kriza in Tunguska, the Vostok is better, cheaper, and more reliable thanks to Fiddler. The same goes for the Spitfire Riot Grrl in Bakunin. Yes, she's awesome, but DAM14 is not the same as DAM16, and again, Fiddler can bring the Vostok back up from three failed saves and Avicenna the Riot Grrl only from two...

[​IMG]

Abydog, TenNoBushi, Savnock and 11 others like this.
  9. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Damn, i love this orange. It´s clean, it´s fierce, it´s special.
    Not tooting my own horn, i like my color design aswell, but this give it a real run for its money.
    Also Zoe´s color palette; the blue of the armor like its stolen sh*t from some panO suckers, the hair, the face (the lips, especially, nice work).
    Realy nice work, i would love to see them on the table.

I realy feel you, volstok always feels like the better option with more flexibility for the lower cost. I run him regulary (in Vanilla, cause even there he´s a beast.) But again i have the problem that i get bored very quickly from units that... well... just work amazingly well and i get the feeling, that it´s not me making things work but the profile on it´s own. And then he gets back in the shelf.
    But isn´t it great to play a faction with so much great optinos, that you can easily sort out one of the best and still have enough to make the desicion an hard one?

10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks for all the compliments!

Well, in Bakunin maybe. There's definitely the Taskmaster HRL Haris, and Riot Grrls are and will hopefully stay fantastic.

In Tunguska, it's honestly much harder. When it comes to shooting, only Szally and the Kriza can take it up with the Vostok. Both are much more expensive options in an already expensive sectorial. Combined with a bad command structure (no extra orders, so you really want those 15 orders) and points invested in the indispensable Puppets, they're tough contenders. And the Kriza can't link as flexibly as the Vostok.

11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Small update: A half-repainted Prowler to better fit with the evolution of my Nomad color scheme. He also got an update on his Spitfire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#391 burlesford, Feb 17, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 10 others like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is a really nice conversion.

burlesford likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you!

I also updated my Danavas aka Mary Problems. I decided to sell her, but thought the face wasn't yet worth its money. So I went back and improved it a bit.

If it's not illegal to do so, I'll also share the link where you can buy her, should you be interested. She's on ebay or, if you're from Central Europe, on ebay Kleinanzeigen.

EDIT: Sold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#393 burlesford, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 11 others like this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

So, I haven't posted in a while. Which usually means I've either taken a break from painting, or I painted so much that I didn't stop to take pictures along the way. This time it's the latter.

Remember my Bakunin pile of unpainted minis?

Well, that's gone.

[​IMG]

That's 17 minis in one month (I forgot that Zoe & Pi-Well were already done in January, so they don't count). It was quite the marathon, but I now have a fully painted Bakunin (I'll take a group shot of the whole sectorial later).

Now it's time to take a break, take some good pictures, and play some Bakunin.

Oh, I got the old Moiras for cheap, so three of them (minus the Hacker since she doesn't exist anymore) will be added at some point as well. But other than that, my Bakunin is done for now.

redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 12 others like this.
  15. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Beautiful bakunin in bone coloured armor you have there. Where are the helmets on the riots from?

Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  16. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

He mentions it in an earlier post, but it looks like 2 have the Zondnautica pilot helmet, and the other has a Lynx helmet.

Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Correct. And the fourth has the head from the Shock Marksman Cheerkiller.

Also, thanks!

Took a quick group picture of the entire Bakunin lot:

[​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, TenNoBushi and 10 others like this.
  18. Kaek

Kaek Active Member

Love all of your nomads. Fantastic! What is your recipie for the riot grrls armour?

burlesford likes this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks! My recipe for the bone color is very simple:

Base color: VJ Orange Brown + VJ Terracotta 3:1 (when I'm lazy I use only Orange Brown)
    Highlights: VJ Ivory

I usually use the brush to do the base layer, because that's faster and cleaner than the airbrush. But then I use the airbrush for rough highlights with Ivory, because highlighting it with the brush is a pain. Since I never go to full saturation with the airbrush, I simply go back and do edge highlights with pure Ivory.

Savnock, Wizzy and Law Dawg like this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Alright, finally had time to take the first good pictures. Unfortunately, my SD card deleted about 90% of them upon leaving the camera, so I only have the first two Bakunin models to show you. They're actually my favorites, though.

First up, Avicenna. It's been a while since I tried my very best on a mini, and for this one I had a reference: Onionknight's absolutely stunning version. Let me know how I fared emulating him.

[​IMG]

Abydog, TenNoBushi, redeemer and 7 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation