1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In The Future

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on the Jujak box at some point as well. Screw the rules, the sculpts are just awesome. Maybe they'll receive some love in the future, I've waited years for the Shikami and Ayyar until they finally got improved, so not all hope is lost on that front.

archon likes this.
  2. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

My backlog goes deep enough that, as much as I love the sculpts, I really don't need them if I'll never actually bother bringing them to the table.

So Ra is legitimately fantastic for Armoury room missions (and exclusively that), but that's about it, and I already have the Jujak from Kaldstrom to proxy for that niche functionality.

Mahtamori likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I find it a little sad that Jujak seem to work better in White Company. They can have a Haidao KHD with them as well as Liang Kai. Of course then the other PanO things.

BTW I think the Missile launcher is a great stand-in for the Eng since he has a Panzeraust.

4. Space Ranger

Update for December. Morat Expansion Pack Alpha, Scots Guard, McMurrough, Moran

Unfortunately Lei Gong was pushed back to January. I'm only a little disappointed.

So Yu Jing ends the year with a total of 4 general releases and 5 figures. Also one Limited edition Bixie in the ITS Season 14 box.

2022 New figures Releases AS OF November.
    Combined Army, 8 Releases, 22 Figures
    Aleph, 5 Releases, 16 Figures
    Haqqislam, 4 Releases, 12 Figures
    PanO, 5 Releases, 11 Figures
    O-12, 5 Releases, 10 Figures
    Ariadna, 4 Releases, 6 Figures
    NA2, 5 Releases, 5 Figures
    Yu Jing, 4 Releases, 5 Figures (Shaolin, Hundun, Tian Gou x2 not counting Madtraps, Qiang Gao)
    Nomads, 3 Releases, 4 Figures

So it went as I thought with Yu Jing near the bottom for releases in 2022. Nomads and Ariadna at or near the bottom since they had a big year in 2021.

For 2023 my predictions are:
    Yu Jing
    NA2
    O-12
    Aleph
    Haqqislam
    Nomads
    Combined Army
    Ariadna
    PanO

I'm hoping for a ISS makeover in the spring and in the summer for Gen Con and a battle set of O-12 vs. NA2. I'm not sure what exactly for NA2 but I'll go out on a limb and say Spiral. They got nothing this year and only Chaksa long arms the year before. My second guess would be JSA. JSA got new Karakuri last year and only a new Kitsune this year. They also got a re-pack of the JSA set.

Aleph and Haqqislam will have a few more of their things coming out next year due to their 2 player set this year. Combined "should" go to the bottom since they had a LOT this year and quite a bit the year before. It's hard to say since they are popular.

RolandTHTG and Jumara like this.
  5. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

I run a pair of jujak in my WB core. 26pt for a HI LT-option with hft is already superb. I no longer think theyre better in WC; they make pure shang links viable.

#245 Time Bandit, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  6. archon

archon Well-Known Member

According to the new studio Update Lei Gongs regular version comes with SMG, which is near useless for me. So I have to use the Aristeia Version a while longer. Maybe I can get my hands on the Defiance version, but I am not so eager here.

Small hope for an alternate weapon option, but I doubt it.

7. Space Ranger

I wish those wings were for more than looks. But he looks pretty cool. I'm guessing it's what gives him 6-2 move. Most non-HI or super humans are limited to 4-4. But it's still only 8" in the end.

[​IMG]

#247 Space Ranger, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  8. Senyu

Senyu Active Member

I've hated his look since his release. Why does he have those huge back sticks if they aren't wings for combat jump, or bonus BTS nodes like the Shangji and Hsien have? It just seems like such a waste visually for a profile that reflects nothing about it.

Benkei and Space Ranger like this.
  9. Space Ranger

The only thing I think they are is that they are the Albedo emitters. He was supposedly a part of some special training using some advanced tech called "Invincible Thunder". Well it must have failed because it's not showing with him.

Senyu likes this.
  10. Senyu

Senyu Active Member

Okay, I could see them being albedo nodes. Still, can't help but feel like he is lack luster visually when comparing to his profile. He's definitely not bringing the thunder. I like the uniqueness of his profile amongst Yu Jing, but I'd like him much more if CoC wasn't only on the short range profile. Banking on the SMR with albedo for a kill piece feels meh when there are so many other competing killers. Anyone have experience one way or the other for their preferred Lei Gong's profile?

11. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Love the new sculpt, and will add it to my Defiance model that is already painted.
    I can see the "wings" as a speed boost over the normal Daoying armor, with him gliding along in kinda low-power hover gear. Super anime, so why not.

I typically use him in either profile in IA to push forward against hacking networks and visors. He is fast, can detach from the link and move to a position to shoot a repeater or a hacker in the face, I like that quite a lot. Lately trying the SMR version more and more for the range.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't play A! but there's something going on with Lei Gong's wings that has nothing to do with what other Infinity units use wings for. He transforms between a "mobility" profile with three wing pairs and a "attack" profile with two wing pairs and a shoulder cannon. Again, I don't play A! but the cannon looks like it's on the upper end of damage (somewhere between two SMGs and an expert marksman's Viral Sniper) while not particularly long ranged, at least not in barrage mode.

It's possible that the rest of that backpack also has the tech that allows him to deploy smoke and teleport between smoke areas.

The fact that the SMG is shown with the Generic Under-slung Energy Weapon Attachement means the wing-cannons are at least not the Blitzen

13. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Portable Autocannon for both lei Gong profiles! :D to represent the wing Cannon... or make his blitzen unlimited ammo

Henshini and Chaserabinov like this.
  14. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Except his Blitzen is modelled as an underbarrel attachment.

It's kinda amazing in the faction that first gave us mechanical transformers, the transformation and smoke themed character from Aristeia! has no transformation or smoke themed abilities. They also insist on not carrying over his rollerblades.

15. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Good sculpt for the CoC loadout. I'll probably bend his ankle to have him lean a bit more forward for ludicrous speed. I also still need to figure out a way of covering that skater dad face of his on both sculpts. Ideally, I'll try and manage to cut off and lower the visor to achieve that.

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

It could be his pre-A! days. He was a military before he was a A! star. The abilities he has there are developed then.

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Supposedly the Combined invasion has made a large amount of former A! stars pick up weapons in defence of humankind. The Lei Gong we have in game used to be an Aristos 15 or 20 years ago.
    It's possible a bunch of the Aristos abilities are part of the arenas they play in, but myeah.

Jumara and Time Bandit like this.
  18. Space Ranger

Then he just doesn't have the gear he used to have. The military just doesn't use what he had.

19. archon

archon Well-Known Member

You are absolute right here. In A! He is part of the "Transformer" box toghter with Moonchild. Both mainfeatures are the the changes between to modi. In A! He has a very big gun or is very fast and can ignore smoke.

So CB was a bit lazy or uncreative with his profile. A Su Jian light were maybe the better solution.

20. Space Ranger

Figures known to be coming out in 2023 so far. Not counting February yet since we don't know how much of figures there will be, like Hungries.

Since the Wardriver and McMurough have come out it still makes me think there will be something big for NA2 this year.

We started off 2022 with a new Shaolin but only ended with only 5 figures. I hope 2023 will be a good one for Yu Jing!

Question: Should the Wardriver be counted for both NA2 and Ariadna? Or just one of them? They are in every Ariadna force but technically they are are Mercenaries. But they are not in all NA2 forces.

Nomads: 1 Release, 3 figures (2 Wildcat, 1 Evader)
    Yu Jing: 1 Release, 1 Figure (Lei Gong)
    NA2: 1 Release, 1 Figure (Wardriver)
    O-12:
    Alep:
    Haqqislam:
    Combined Army:
    Ariadna: 1 Release, 1 Figure (Wardriver)
    PanO:

Combined Army: 8 Releases, 22 Figures
    Aleph, 5 Releases: 16 Figures
    Haqqislam: 4 Releases, 12 Figures
    PanO: 5 Releases, 11 Figures
    O-12: 5 Releases, 10 Figures
    Ariadna: 4 Releases, 6 Figures
    NA2: 5 Releases, 5 Figures
    Yu Jing: 4 Releases, 5 Figures (Shaolin, Hundun, Tian Gou x2 not counting Madtraps, Qiang Gao)
    Nomads: 3 Releases, 4 Figures

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation