1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recap: Infinity or aka Infinity cosplays

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by Wizzy, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Hello the Human Sphere,

Well, whynot let's start a recap topic about Infinity cosplays? So here is the beginning of an Infinity cosplay topic, don't hesitate to share yours. :v::sunglasses:

[:camera: For the sharing, it's better to limit to 2/3 images by cosplay to avoid making 50 mo pages:yum:]

:warning: Big data set here :point_down:

[​IMG]

#1 Wizzy, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    Abydog and Space Ranger like this.
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Cosplay Asura
    By Yashia

[​IMG]

Cosplay chimera

By Yahsia

[​IMG]

Cosplay Kumotail

By Yashia

[​IMG]

Cosplay JSA Shikami

Cosplay de Gena Sobolev; Photo by Kaminsky Kandids Photography
    Album photos here : https://fr-fr.facebook.com/KaminskyKandidsPhotography/posts/1837295053068441

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cosplay Bolt Pano of Neoterra
    Cosplay of Tabitha Lyons; Photo by TabithaArtyfakes
    Album photos : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1008027475950317&type=3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cosplay Aristeia! of Gata
    Article on the convention : http://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2017/07/29/segundo-dia-del-interplanetario-y-cosplay-de-gata/
    [​IMG]

Cosplays Infinity of Ko Dali, old version of an Morlok Gruppe and an HVT Yu Jing
    Article on the convention : https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/item/227-pulpi-says-bye-a-resume-of-the-3rd-interplanetario
    [​IMG]

Cosplay Celty from Durara! or aka an mysterious rider from JSA Army pack [​IMG]
    Cosplay Vera Chimera, photo Lark! Visual
    Album photos: http://www.geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=11875

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 Wizzy, Aug 20, 2022
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Cosplay de Chevalier Hospitalier [​IMG]
    De ? from Ai-Kon (Canada) 2018

Album Photos: https://twitter.com/infinitythegame/status/1024937300780896256

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cosplay Ghost in the Shell aka Ryūken [​IMG]
    From Octokuro, Иван Прибылов
    Album photos complet: https://www.deviantart.com/octokuro/gallery?q=Ghost in the Shell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cosplay Infinity of a Naga [​IMG]
    From Milena Hime

Blog
    : https://www.deviantart.com/milenahime/gallery/all

Cosplay Infinity from Interplanetario 2018
    Cosplays ?

From section Media of Corvus Belli website. https://www.infinitythegame.com/media/photos#Interplanetario-2018

[​IMG]

Skin Parvati
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALEPH
    [​IMG]

Bandit nomad or only nomad ^^
    [​IMG]

Cosplay Oznat
    By Yashia

[​IMG]

Cosplay Reverend
    By Yashia

[​IMG]

#3 Wizzy, Aug 20, 2022
  4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

5. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

#5 Wizzy, Aug 20, 2022
  6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Cosplay Daktari
    ?

[​IMG]

Cosplay aka Emily Handelman
    By narga_lifestream

Lien Portfolio: https://nargaaoki.com/costumes/cassie-cage/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COFtPSB...d&ig_rid=42d3768e-8a79-46c2-a518-6257e8d5a78c
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw4A6NN...d&ig_rid=cbae430e-62a7-4338-9956-14186cdc16b9

Manga Infinity Outrage
    [​IMG]

Cassie Cage
    [​IMG]

Return cosplay Shikami
    By: @5dollarphoto, L/C1/E: @matty.tatty, A/C2: @itshunterking, Shikami: @lanternrpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeAJ3vN...d&ig_rid=cf7155c6-6ce8-4598-b98e-9c38cc49f3f6
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd_1h_u...d&ig_rid=e223c4f2-9855-4e86-8aff-efef4a07e8d0

Wake the f*** up samurai, we got a city to burn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Abydog, RolandTHTG and Space Ranger like this.
  7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for sharing, Wizzy - the Gogo Marlene shot reminded me that Yashia used to post on the Infinity forums with cosplay projects, but I think it got lost in one of the several transitions. It's still available on datasphere, though: http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1645

Brokenwolf, chromedog and Wizzy like this.
  9. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I love mini-atalanta! :D

Wizzy and toadchild like this.
  10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Archiv: Fastranslation of the article from Blog Infinity: https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/item/117-a-different-scale-infinity-cosplay

A Different Scale: Cosplay Infinity

[​IMG]

Board games, role playing games, computer games... Many hobbies frequently mix with the wargaming hobby. But there is one that is a bit rare and mostly found in conventions: cosplay. Our friends at the German magazine Tabletop Insider interviewed Yashia, a German cosplayer, who recently attracted attention with her Infinity-inspired costumes. And they were kind enough to give us the chance to share with us this article which answered the question: how does one become a real Infinity character?

Questions and translation by Thorsten Senger

Hello Yashia. Thank you for taking the time to answer our curiosity. But before we begin, please introduce yourself to our readers.

Hello ! So I'm Yashia and I've been playing Infinity since 2013 irregularly. When I'm not working on my new cosplays or playing Infinity, I'm playing roleplaying games and pretending to learn how to play the bass. I love reading Mangas and having game nights with my friends, playing Zombicide for example.

[​IMG]

Not everyone is familiar with the term "cosplay" and there is certainly more to it than just "wearing a costume", right?

Yes, there is. Let me try to explain: If someone goes out for Halloween, they choose to go as a pirate, a bee, a cowboy or something else. Whereas with cosplay, you choose a specific character. If we stick to our examples, it could be Jack Sparrow, Bee Maja or Django. Then you try to imitate that character as well as possible. The material and details used are as important as the gestures and facial expressions. One could say that cosplaying is less about the costume and more about the representation of someone.

On your Facebook page _ you mention that you started cosplaying in 2011 because of a joke. Can you tell us more about it?

At the time, I was playing the MOBA League of Legends (LoL) very often. Then, shortly before Gamescon, there was an announcement that anyone who visited their booth in a related cosplay would receive a free t-shirt from Riot Games, the developers of the game.

Since I already had an affinity for Japanese culture, I knew what a cosplay was, but I never imagined making one myself. I thought I wouldn't have the skills to make it and that I would be embarrassed.

On the other hand, I wanted the gifts, so I started going through my closet to find things I could use and improvised a cosplay of the Miss Fortune character with some leggings, a tucked-in top, a pair of boots and some felt accessories. I still thought I'd be really embarrassed and just wanted to grab things and go. But then I got some really surprising reactions! Not only was I recognized as Miss Fortune, but people wanted to take my picture and even the programmers wanted to see me on stage and ask me questions. I didn't expect it to be like this.

That's when I got hooked! I turned my impromptu cosplay into a real cosplay and thanks to the contacts of some super cool cosplayers, I had everything I needed to start my next, even bigger project.

[​IMG]

As we already mentioned in our introduction, your last cosplays were about Infinity miniatures. Why Infinity? And why exactly these miniatures?

In order to cosplay a character, I have to fall in love with it. Infinity makes that very easy with their great designs. Plus, I can't cosplay with sweet little girls because of my size. I tried once with Sophie from Tales of Graces and it was horrible! Infinity has a lot of powerful women to offer and it suits me much better.

The character I choose depends on a lot of factors: I have to like the character, it has to be doable, and it has to be at least half wearable. Ultimately, it's a gut decision.

What factions do you collect in Infinity?

If it were up to me, at least five. So many cool miniatures. In my cabinet, you'll only find vedic ALEPH (hopefully soon to become the OSS sectorial), with one exception.

What cosplays did you create before the Infinity ones?

Mostly League of Legends characters: Miss Fortune, Kayle and Syndra. Like I said before, I tried Sophie from Tales of Graces, but it didn't work out.

[​IMG]

As you wandered the halls of CPM 2014, people were bound to run into you in your Nomadic Chimera cosplay sooner or later. Are there any other shows or conventions you visit?

I visited PRC for the first time last year and it was a nice surprise. I've been visiting Gamescon every year since 2011 and will be at Spiel this year at the Laughing Jack Games And Scenery booth. Anyone who wants to can visit me, I will be happy if everyone says hello. Occasionally I attend Dokomi, but usually not with an Infinity-related cosplay.

Two words: Chimera Dansen. How did this "clip" come to life and was it as fun as it sounds?

The clip was the idea of some people on the official Infinity forums and I liked it so much that I tried it. It was indeed a lot of fun, especially since the crazy vixen that is the Chimera was a perfect fit. Even now, I still laugh at myself when I see it. It wasn't easy to cut the video to match the audio.

You seem to be doing very sophisticated photo shoots like with the Oznat. It seems like a lot of work.

I didn't do them for my first two cosplays and all the pictures I have of them are from the conventions. When I look back, I think it's a shame. A really good backdrop incredibly increases the overall look and feel of a cosplay. The photo shoot is kind of my personal culmination of working on a particular cosplay. The beautiful photos as well as the memories are my own reward for all the work.

Normally, these photo shoots are a lot of fun, but in the case of Oznat, it was also very challenging. My body was airbrushed for an hour and a half. Being limited to barely moving for that long was more exhausting than I thought. The shoot took place in the tropical greenhouse of the Grugapark in Essen, where I got a permit. Greenhouses, especially tropical ones, are very hot and humid, and that alone was too much for my circulation to handle. Then they added the mask through which I could still breathe, but only to a limited extent. It only took about ten minutes before I almost passed out. So throughout the shoot, we had to take regular breaks so I could breathe - literally. We were only there for about 45 minutes, but at the end I got some exercise.

There are often cosplay contests at conventions. Have you ever participated in such a contest?

Yes. About two years ago, I participated in a contest of Riot Games, the programmers of League of Legends. They did it with a knockout system, getting four cosplayers on stage and only one of them went on. That's how they created a top 10 and awarded the top three cosplayers.

On the first day, I participated as Kayle but dropped out against the girl who would later reach second place. On the second day, I entered as Miss Fortune, my very first cosplay, and at least made it into the top 10.

In bigger competitions, you have to do a real choreography or a little play. I guess that's not my cup of tea. But I still participate in contests, where the main thing is to show the public your costume, a bit like a cosplay parade.

[​IMG]

Well, as we all know since GenCon 2014, Corvus Belli seems to be in contact with cosplayers. They had a live action miniature of Neoterra Bolt at their booth and even created a special show based only on her. Were you also contacted by companies?

Not the companies that actually created the characters, but I was "booked" by Laughing Jack Games And Scenery for the Spiel in Essen this year.

However, in general, the companies are very nice to the cosplayers. Riot Games serves them cold drinks on hot days and also gives them nice gifts. Corvus Belli helps them by providing concept art. It may seem trivial, but it really helps a lot.

Tabitha, the cosplayer you mentioned, creates costumes and props, as her main job is actually that of a pro. She and her father received a request from Corvus Belli to build a replica weapon as a tournament prize. In doing so, she really liked the aesthetic of Infinity and decided to not only cosplay but also travel from the UK to the US for it. The cool figurine of her was Corvus Bellis' way of saying "thank you."

You make all your costumes yourself. How long does it take to make one?

It depends greatly on the character. Sophie only took me 30 hours to make, while Oznat took me 142 hours. I think the average is about 100 hours, spread over 3 to 5 months. Unlike others, I need time to correct mistakes and I can't do it in one week right before the convention.

I write down even the smallest bits of work, because I find it very fascinating that you often need an incredible amount of time for seemingly mundane work steps and complete much more complex pieces faster than you ever imagined. That's why I can then talk about it in great detail.

[​IMG]

It's all about money. Price discussions are common in the wargaming community. Can you tell us how much money you invested in materials to make these cosplays?

It depends on the expenses. Special materials for armor and electronics are very expensive; fabric-only cosplays are usually much cheaper. The Oznat cost me 373,63 euros, the Chimera even more with 496,29 euros while the Gogo Marlene had very low costs of only 133,96 euros. And yes, I count exactly everything, even the smallest paint bottle.

When you compare wargaming to cosplaying, would you say that there are similar techniques and materials that you use?

An airbrush is certainly useful in both cases! The principles of painting are also similar: the deeper areas should be painted dark, the higher areas in a lighter color (which is also a good makeup tip!). Weathering techniques can also be copied from more experienced painters.

Would you say that wargaming has influenced your work on cosplays?

It definitely increases my motivation. Although it's not the game itself, but the community that supports it. I've found that Infinity players are great people. I blog on the official forum and on Facebook and I get good feedback and constructive criticism. It really helps me a lot and it's a huge difference from the online gaming audience I know from my first cosplays.

[​IMG]

Looking at your four Infinity cosplays, which one looks the most elaborate?

The Oznat, for sure. Mostly because of the many pieces of armor that had to fit together and also had to be painted to mimic both the futuristic materials and the chitinous bits of the Hungry in a believable way. The mask had to fit, look good, and still be wearable, which was also quite challenging.

Which of your cosplays do you like best and why?

That's a tough question. I like them all in their own way. I especially like the Asura, but I failed to make it. The Oznat elements are the best and she looks very scary. Gogo Marlene taught me a lot about seams and I'm very proud that those silly pleats turned out so well. Plus, her personality matches mine pretty well.

But if I really had to pick just one, I'd choose the Chimera. It's not the best of my work, for sure, and I've made a few mistakes, but overall, it just works. It's kind of the realization of the crazy Praxis lab that I had in mind. And it's just fun to be a vixen every now and then.

So far, we've seen Aleph, Nomads, Civil and Combined Army. What's next for us?

Later, I'm going to try to do a cosplay for each of the factions. We'll see how that works. For the next cosplay, I want to try Tohaa whose head I want to sculpt out of liquid latex. I'm making plans, but I'm not sure I'm ready for such advanced techniques yet. If I fail on the head, I'll move on to Yu Jing or maybe a mercenary. Who exactly, that's still a secret. So you might get a surprise. And maybe Corvus Belli will come out with a new unit, which will look so great that I'll have to change my plans for it.

[​IMG]

You had started to make an improved version of Aleph's Asura but you cancelled the work. Can we still hope to see an "Asura 2.0" in the future?

2.0, 3.0, 4.0... I can imagine them all. I really like the Asura, but my skills don't meet my expectations.

If I win the lottery, I want to make a very high level latex version that does it justice. But for now, I have no ideas on how to improve it. As for my first attempt at the 2.0 version, a lot of things broke, like the meters of electroluminescent cable I built into the costume. To fix that damage, I would have to start from scratch.

It's kind of a love-hate relationship. I can't go with or without her. So it's pretty likely I'll give it another shot.

Do you have any non-Infinity cosplay projects?

Of course I do. I want to revamp my League of Legends Syndra to make it more convention friendly and improve on some of the things I don't like about the first version.

Right now I'm playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIII-3 and the urge to cosplay Chocolina is growing. Sometimes I look at a character and immediately start taking apart the design of her components and thinking about how I could make those parts. Usually, this craving takes hold until I finish my current project. But if it survives that long, I give in to it. What I do next depends on how much I love the character.

[​IMG]

Thank you very much for answering our questions. If anyone wants to know more about your cosplays, your facebook page is definitely a good place to start.

Thank you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Yashia.Cosplay
    More pictures on his Official Forum topic: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/yashias-cosplays-wip.416/

Abydog, RolandTHTG, Uthoroc and 3 others like this.
  11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Thanks Toadchild, i added and edited the first post.

12. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Yashia had some great costumes.

Lady Numiria and Wizzy like this.
  13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I found that today.

Cosplay Odalisque

InfinityOdalisque01w.png

Cosplay Bolt
    Cosplay of Tabitha Lyons; Photo by TabithaArtyfakes

[​IMG]

#13 Wizzy, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Abydog and jherazob like this.
  14. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Archive of the article talking about the making off of the short films of the season ITS TAGLINE, there are some images with costumes.

TAGLINE Chapter 03: ALIVE- Behind the cameras

[​IMG]
    3/11/17

In September, and coming with the release of the new Infinity organized play season, the latest TAGLINE chapter premiered, it got released worldwide, closing the story of the 8th ITS season.

If any of you haven’t seen the Chapter 03: ALIVE, this is your chance. Sit comfortably and enjoy.

In the article “Join the TAGLINE- from the idea to the big screen” you could read how much I was amazed by the chance of doing an Infinity short film. But, without a doubt, having the chance of making a second was a dream come true.

When we started to set the idea of the second film, the first thing to come to our minds was to make a “Talk Show”. A program where we would meet “Kleinmann’s ten”. The ten soldiers chosen by the general to form the TAGLINE, the elite squadron of Tikbalang pilots.

[​IMG]

We were very clear that we had to take a step forward and do something different. We didn’t want to go back and film another ultrasecret meeting with a political undertone. We wanted to show something else, something different, we wanted to show more of the Infinity universe, more action, big stuff, a goat, aliens, ships and explosions.

For that we left the idea of the “Talk Show” and started to delve deeper into the TAGLINE situation, but from the inside of the story and not just focus on the “PR” part.

That way we could not only tell the story of Rico, one of Kleinmann’s ten pilots, we would have an opportunity to add hackers to ALIVE and to see PanOceania’s political machinery at work.

With these ideas in mind, we started with the script. What a script! When it came to my hands and I started reading it the thrill overcomes my body, that’s a lot of Infinity in less than 30 pages! It was great, a command meeting in Paradiso, ALIVE hackers being branded as enemies of the state, pilots, TAGLINE technicians, aliens and a TAG in combat.

During design production, my producer’s gonads shrank. What did I just place myself into? An alien against TAG battle? Good grief… that was the first thing we had to set.

After planning the short again, it was still a challenge, but not a suicide.

The problem that we were facing was to find a connection with the first short, TAGLINE, and with the ALIVE short and all the network and forums campaign that this anti-system movement developed.

So we planned to make a smaller short that could be used as a nexus between the two. With the Investigation. We could put both threads together, present ALIVE and introduce the character Hexa 618.

[​IMG]

With this character we would give our first step forward to improve and introduce a playable Infinity troop. No doubt that it was a challenge, because our troop designs are incredible and trying to be faithful to them wasn’t easy.

But we made it thanks to the great help of Carlos and Lola, the costume makers that nailed the Hexa and Umbra’s costumes, and also Big Brown Project, a group of Infinity Players that joined this crazy adventure. The team lead by Ramon’s crazy head, and his brothers Toni and Xisco were responsible of creating the helmet and Hexa’s armor, alongside the Umbra’s armor. Plus, they also undertook the construction of all the weapons that appear in the short and the real size scale model of “M4N- 0L0”, the PanOceanian Tikbalang TAG.

[​IMG]

The preproduction, production and postproduction phases were hard and intense. If I didn’t have a heart attack it was thanks to my team’s work. And, finally, the project came to light with a very nice quality and with a lot of Infinity flavor, and also, with a TAG!

But I can assure you that through all the development of the project there were many anecdotes. Plus, the short is full of nods and references, but that is something I will tell you in another article, it is up to you to find them!

jherazob likes this.
  15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I re-found the image of the odalisque. :the_horns:

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Cosplay infinitythegame of Nomad Vortex operator
    By Hraiatus
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CrTm1rZNO3I/

[​IMG]

borisgreymenace and jherazob like this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

18. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Return of infinitythegame cosplays :eyes::the_horns:

Cosplay cyberpunk: Ninja of the JSA
    By Crazy Koala

Post: https://www.instagram.com/crazykoala_art/p/CzBK9RwMm8z/?img_index=1
    https://www.instagram.com/crazykoala_art/p/CzBLISWsofZ/?img_index=1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cosplay aka "strealock team" to close
    ByHestia @canari_es

Post: https://twitter.com/canari_es/status/1769830425138958605
    [​IMG]

Cadwallon likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation