1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bixie

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

Yes but why would she?

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

True but the option is there. I guess if I didn't care about he moving around. But that's her biggest thing! Zhanshi would hold her back.

3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would happily lose NCO and even consider paying a bit more if it covered the MSV2. White Banner doesn't really need an NCO and vanilla and IA both have fantastic options of their own. NCO was just an extra layer of efficiency, the MSV2 added tactical options and versatility.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't agree. NCO is a very nice piece of kit for what is every bit as much a guided missile as Liang Kai is, if not more, and in a sectorial without NCO and a tendency to have inactive LTs it is a reasonably priced "tacaware substitute" - plus it's very important for vanilla, IA and Starmada functionality. Yes, vanilla has other NCO available, but she's pricy so more likely she's gonna take (one of) your NCO spot(s) and having NCO makes that less of a harsh trade.
    The only piece of kit that I'd consider to be optional/bloat is the FO and Flash Pulse. I'd consider that if she's not dodging or not using one of the good guns, then she's probably in the wrong place or your support units are eating dirt. One point of bloat...

That said, at the 45-ish points that she'd be with MSV2, it would pose the question; what the hell are Hsien doing?
    The answer is, of course, that raw attributes are overpriced and ARM doesn't quite take off until 5+. But you know... rhetoric.

In either case, for anyone who feel they need to post salt about CB's practices, there's already an active thread on that topic here: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/new-models-gamedesign.41527/

#64 Mahtamori, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  5. Weathercock

I never use passive Lts in WB. We've got great active pieces at our disposal to make use of the order and some fantastic CoC to back them up.

I'd happily pay 45 for the MSV2 if it was a costing issue.
    As far as the Hsuen goes in comparison, I think he's mostly fine. The MR profiles are limp, but the MMR and HMG are both incredible, and worth every point. You pay for a significant stat hike, but the performance is top notch, especially post-Raveneye in ISS, with the MMR acting as the sectorial's anchor, as far as I'm concerned.

The real lover here in this comparison, and always has been, is the Crane. But they've been really bad for a while now, and it likely won't be until a full ISS rework that they see some proper love.

As things are now, I'm going to still try to make Bixie work, although I won't bother trying to make room for her in my upcoming tournament, and in general she doesn't strike me as the star player you want to build new list archetypes around to serve anymore. She's now just one of many MSV1 troopers in a faction with lots of already great MSV1 users. I think the general consensus is pretty unanimous that she's still okay, good, even; but she's a lot less interesting without the functionality that MSV2 provided.

#65 Weathercock, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  6. Mahtamori

No, I do not um... pat? for a significant stat increase, I'm just arguing that the attribute cost scaling should probably not exist for stats other than STR/W or ARM.

Hsien and Crane are ancient designs, though. Heavy from Team Fortress. Walks, shoots, does that well enough, but little more than that.

7. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I still think Bixie is really good. In White Banner she is better than in invincible army in m opinion since you get monks for smokecoverage. You could still fry HI though smoke with that zapper and the MSV1. A direct template weapon with a big teardrop could help her in my opinion.
    Will try her out in a haris with jujak.

8. Weathercock

My phone's autocorrect is aggressively nonsensical and nonsensically aggressive. But the Hsien deserves a good... patting. And anyone would be lying if they wouldn't pat him.

The notable distinction between the two that the Hsien has aged like a fine wine (although Hsien MMR is a newer profile and has a lot of modern sensibilities, especially with the new Xian team options), while the Crane has aged like juvenile lukemia.

9. Space Ranger

Well, I tried out Bixie tonight playing Decapitation. I don't know if it's some weirdness in the universe that every time you use a profile for the first time, it's going to suck. The very first order I used on Bixie I moved and was shot at by a Long Ya panzerfaust. I needed a 19 to dodge and of course I rolled a 20! So can't even really say how she worked. That was some very bad luck. The night was actually full of that sort of crazy dice rolls for both of us though. I still had fun but that was a little disappointing.

10. Weathercock

Bixie only dodges on 18s. She's PH12 base.

11. Space Ranger

You are right. Still that was a ridiculous roll.

I at least found out how good diggers are. I took them once before but never did anything with them. I had two and both got 8-4 move on booty.

Edit: I found the Weibing flash pulse with marksmanship is pretty good too. It was used against me. Also used against me was Kokram with Feurbach. He did some damage!

#71 Space Ranger, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  12. Mahtamori

Have so far tried her twice in IGL tourny. One game resulted in a crushing victory and another in a crushing defeat. Honestly, my good and bad decisions aside - I'm hooked. Bixie is fun as hell.

Savnock and Space Ranger like this.
  13. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

What faction did you play? And was she solo or linked? I starter 2 new factions with blackwind and right now Im having fun with new shiny tools I had never chance to play with so my motivation to try her myself is very low. But I would like to read what are other people experiences with her.

14. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I've had two games with her now in vanilla YJ and have the same conclusion - she is super enjoyable to play with.

Mahtamori likes this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Eh, no. Hulangs make my lists for the gunfighting, the CC is an afterthought. Mimetic -6 guy with a Multirifle and Flamethrower with link bonuses causes big issues in close range firefights.

16. Mahtamori

IA. Jisus and a Rui Shi being cheerleader haris members. Don't want to dump too much of the list design as there's still two matches left and I'm likely going to use the same list again, but in my losing game she did admirably in the role of Boris The Bullet Dodger (with unfortunately the same ultimate outcome) against a Szally.

17. Space Ranger

I've used Bixie two more times. At least these times she didn't die with the first order lol. I love the +6 to her Dodge. It came in handy a few times. My last game I. had her in a haris with 2 ye mao. Hacker and Spitfire. Before that, it was a YM hacker and SJ APHMG. It was in a mission where the Shang Ji got Super Jump. It worked really well.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation