1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS14 No Gravity

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Cannon Fodder, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that the No Gravity rule can lead to some abusive lists. I played Highly Classified yesterday and pulled out my Shas for the first time in a while, just to try this out. I made my Gwailos the Breachmaster, and effectively made an high speed superjumping fire team. It literally took me 1 regular order (+2 TA) to get from my deployment zone to his deployment zone and interact with a building (FO Classified). It was a fairly dense table and I was able to jump in LOS Shadows, and a Taiga did a little prep-work clearing pitchered repeaters. If I didn't have the No Gravity effect It would have taken at least 6 orders (vs 3)

I find giving some units access to superjump on the entire table just gets a little imbalanced. I love the idea of using the Decompression Zone to give the breach master a planned spot to breach. But the entire table just seams a little much.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    M-DRONE FTO (Nanoscreen) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 22)
    M-DRONE FTO (Nanoscreen) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 22)
    GWAILO AP Spitfire / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 45)

1.5 SWC | 89 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I don't quite follow. you get +1" to the first MOV. Meaning if you move+move you gain a total of 1". You did it in 3 orders, so you got a good solid 3" bonus and you say that without that bonus it would have taken another 3 more Orders ?

I feel it is more an artifact of the type of building you have, as I recognize that sometime a half-inch is all I'm missing to make possible/legal a Jump that is otherwise too short and force me to go around a different path.

edit: oh wait. that bonus is only applied during a Move Skill. Jump is a short movement, but is not a Move. So you keep your original MOV for short jumps and long jumps.

chromedog and Diphoration like this.
  3. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I wouldn't qualify this as abusive. Gwailos is so mediocre that this might actually make it somewhat playable. At the end of the say, it's still only a BS13 with no vis mod.

It also doesn't get both +1 MOV and SuperJump. It gets +1 MOV in No Gravity Zone OR Super-Jump in Low Gravity Area.

I don't if you had No Gravity Zone or Low Gravity Area as a rule. How Super-Jump can cut your orders spent in half, it doesn't net you any speed value, and if you're going on rooftop, it just means your opponent didn't contest anything in ARO? Or How did 3 extra inches save you 3 orders?

A 4-4 Super Jumping Trooper doesn't really do a whole lot, and 5-4 is nice, but the vast majority of the time it doesn't change anything Move is really good when you're crossing distance, but as soon as you start gunning, you rarely ever move your full value. It might save an order at best?

I still think the Gwailos is still significantly worse than Sheskiin, (And Sha as a whole much weaker than vanilla) so making it have a bit more competition is good for the sectorial I think.

Lesh' likes this.
  4. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I was able to get my hands on rough draft of the ITS14 rules before the official version. It had a version where No Gravity giving both +1 Mov & superjump, which is abusive. I missed that change in the final. That will teach me for relying on draft documents. We shouldn't of had the superjump on Highly classified.

I'm just looking over the scenarios again and thankfully they didn't combine Master Breacher and Low gravity. That would have been a bit much. There are a couple models that get a bit from Low gravity, but not nearly as abusive.

#4 Cannon Fodder, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    Robock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation