1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion on +

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Old Spider, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Old Spider

Old Spider Member

What's the difference between these two weapon loadouts as in what is "+" what does this mean? I see it in different profiles somebody with the heavy machine gun and a flamethrower or heavy machine-gun + flamethrower

Is there a rules difference between the two?

HMG, HEAVY FLAMETHROWER
    HMG+HEAVY FLAMERTHROWER
    AS Below

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]2
    [​IMG] TIKBALANG HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / AP CCW. (2 | 85)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] JOTUM MULTI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, D.E.P. / . (2 | 103)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()

4 SWC | 188 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

Cannot say for sure. However small mistakes are sometimes made in army builder. I do belive it is the same just with different gramatics

3. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

It has a meaning.
    Hmg, heavy flamethrower = 2 different weapons
    Hmg + heavy flametrower = 1 weapon

Only in game effect is that models with scavenger skill take weapons with + as one weapon

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 3 pomocí Tapatalk

4. BitRat

BitRat Member

So wait a second if I use a BS attack with the jotum I activate the hmg and the flamethrower simultaneously, since it's the same weapon

5. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

No. You still pick one. Literally the only difference is that if a model with scavenger looted an HMG, Heavy Flamethrower model he would get one of them, but if he looted an HMG+Heavy Flamethrower model he would get both.

It happens more often with weapons like Combi+LGL and Combi+Light Shotgun.

chromedog, xagroth and Balewolf like this.
  6. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

Well, there is one more meaning except that scavenger take both in case "+" (who say combi- ?) weapons.
    It Two Weapons rule. In FAQ clearly stated that:

Can I apply the bonus of +1 to Burst for Twin Weapons, if my troop has a Light Shotgun and has used the Special Skill Scavenger to get a Rifle+Light Shotgun?
    No. To be able to apply the bonus for Twin Weapons, both the weapons must be exactly the same. The weapons with the symbol “+” are a combined weapon.

so pay attention to this "+" in profiles

chromedog, Belgrim and Sabin76 like this.
  7. Old Spider

Old Spider Member

I was really hoping that I could flame someone while riddling their body with heavy machine gun fire with one order
    I guess I have to do it with two orders

Once again thank you for your time and quick responses I really appreciate it

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

There is another place where the "+" shows up. Some weapons Ammo Type are listed as, for example, AP+DA, while others list AP/Shock.
    In those cases, the "+" means you apply both types of ammo for every ARM roll, while the "/" means you have to choose one or the other when you declare "CD Attack with X weapon".

So for example, a Missile Launcher-toting troop declares AP+EXP: if you hit the target, it has do make 3 ARM/2 rolls (unless inmunne to EXP, ofc). On the other hand, a Multi-Rifle-toting troop has to declare if it's firing Shock or AP ammo (usually, you will choose shock against all enemies with 1 wound).

9. Old Spider

Old Spider Member

Double Effects... I see some jsa swords with that effect now that is very good to know xagroth thank you

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Weeeeeell... melee weapons have *another* extra, if you see Musashi, he has something like "two weapons combat" or somesuch. Which means he applies the effect of two melee weapons each time he hits... (I think Mr Massacre is another one with that)

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think McMurderface and DeFersen are the only ones with + CCW's (specifically Template CCW). JSA are using Dual Wield skill in order to get effects of two different CCWs.

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah, but there are shooty weapons in all factions which use the "+" and/or the "/", I was trying to cover all the bases^^

13. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

It makes a difference for Scavengers as pointed out by Melkhior.

For the example Tikbalang vs Drago vs Jotum it's quite a big one:
    You can loot either the HMG or the HFT from a Tik as seperate weapons
    You can loot the HFT from the Drago but not the HRMC (Non-Lootable Trait)
    You can't loot the Jotum's weapons at all as it is one big gun with the Non-Lootable Trait

so in summary

in some cases it prevents the +1 B bonus for twin weapons as mentioned above (Rifle+LGL & Rifle+LSG doesn't work etc.)
    in some cases you get a whole arsenal at once (Al Fasid has a HMG + (Smoke and Normal) LGL - 3 for 1)
    in some cases it prevents the weapon from being picked up at all (HFT would be lootable but a MILTI HMG + HFT makes the enire thing Non-Lootable)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation