1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Token Sheet Creator - Updated for N4

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

That’s really excellent to hear! Please do let us know when you release the stl, I’ve been downloading a ton since I got my printer. I think I’ll scale these to match my antenocitis game planner, thanks for doing them!

Willen likes this.
  2. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

On that note, what would be a desired thickness for 25mm tokens? I am using 3mm + up to 1mm in the design, does that sound good for you?

Daniel Darko and Gwynbleidd like this.
  3. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

That sounds great. I can’t imagine needing the thickness more than that (unless you want to of course) but I think that 3mm up to 1mm should be fine. I’ll probably print at 3mm as that’s the same thickness as the tokens I got with the antenocitis board. Once again, these look excellent, I’ll look forward to knowing how they print then printing them myself!

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

• I have some MicroArts acrylic ones, They are 3,2mm thick. Worked fine for me (my only gripe with MicroArt ones is theyat some point started to release only 15mm versions. Which are too small for me to be comfortable with, at arms's length...)
    • I've printed Lawson's tokens (on your basic thickness prnter paper - is that 60 or 80g/m2...?) and glued thme on 1mm thick cardboard. With one layer, they are workable, but feel a bit flimsy to me. A bit on the thin side, and picking them up from the table is problematic at times.
    • Doubled the cardboard (2 layers of 1mm, because 1mm is as thick as my round punch can take) and it seems to be thick enough.
    Based on that, I'd say 2mm or more is your sweet spot. That makes them thick enough to be grabbed by the edge, or pressed at the rim to flip them up.

Note: personally I don't think 3-d printing is the right technology for making infinity tokens (sorry to rain on your parade, the design is really neat):
    unless you can print them in color, you'll end up having a stack of same-colored tokens on the table, making it difficult to tell them apart. Especially for those at the table who don't have hawk's eyes. And given Infinity needs loads of tokens, that's going to be a hassle.

You could get around this by redesigning the tokens and making the symbols on them recessed. Have them the 2mm on the rim, but slightly less where the markings and writings are - and then fill the letters and symbols with adequately colored paint (won't work well on raised letters and symbols, as the paint will be quickly worn down when in use). This also allows you to stack the tokens for transport.

Though, of course, makes the tokens more difficult to be double-sided (someting I really like about my cardboard ones!).
    But since we're at that, you might want to print them with a space for a rare earth magnet on the reverse, and magnetize the tokens. Works just fine - one of my local players has been using this trick for years. Especially good for Order tokens - and for organizing your storage of the tokens in general (though he did it by using a heap of spare figure bases he glued magnets under, and paper-printed tokens on top. Nb. allows him to easily update the collection for a new edition: just glue a freshly printed token on top of the old one, let the glue cure, and you're done).

Gwynbleidd and jherazob like this.
  5. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Lots of good feedback. Of course, this is mostly a personal project so if I like them and I paint them, good for me, and if somebody enjoys the STLs, then even more win!

I am not a professional and this is not something I am making money on, so I guess I can just release the files and if somebody takes it from there, even better for the community.

What can be easily done I think is to produce a hollowed bottom BUT in my experience with resin this makes them more prone to twisting when cured, so I was leaning into solid tokens at this size. Doing the tokens as an inlaid instead of a relief is actually quite easy, and a very good idea (although I would need to redo a bunch of them). That would allow this to be primed a light color and then filled in even with crayons or ink, which is interesting as well.

6. mazzacheammazza

mazzacheammazza Well-Known Member

I loved so much the previous version... I missed the new one for a looooong time; i was just so used to open my old bookmarks to see the new one XD

It's so amazing! In particular, I loved the padding options and the bunch of player A and B logos, but is very good overall.

I like so much I have decided to make a custom case for my tokens, upgrading some of them to the newest one.

It's old CD case, and from the outside look like just a music CD with a custom cover
    [​IMG]

But you can open up and you can see a "reference card" with the most used tables.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Under the reference card, you can find the "playing tokens" in the right side, sorted over a magnetic sheet. All tokens are glued over 15mm washers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the left side, you have the order pool. The magnetic sheet here is not glued over the case, but on a plastic sheet of the same size of the CD booklet, so you can remove it from the case while gaming:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been brought up but I think there should be a Tactical Awareness Order. It's pretty unique. It's an order only that troop can use but unlike an Irregular order, it can NOT be turned into a regular order.

9. Errhile

Well, it is an option.

Then again, I'm using Irregular Order chits for that, just the same way I use them with Irregular models: place them next to the relevant model, and flip them over (I have printed these twice: in color for "active" and black-and-white for "spent") once they are used up.
    Turning an Irregular Order into a Regular one, well, take the chit from the model who generated it, and place it elsewhere with a Command Token accompanying it.
    The only thing to remember is to keep from taking the chit from the model where it represents a Tactical Awareness order.

But then again, if there's a separate chit for an Tactical Awareness Order, we'd have the option of choosing not to use it. So yeah, why not :)

10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Huh. I use the irregular markers with the group numbers on them normally, and the one without them as the tactical awareness order.

Errhile likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I also used Irregular orders but then I accidentally turned one into a regular order with a command token. This is also a problem for the special order in some missions with a Master Breacher.

Errhile likes this.
  12. Errhile

One more request, if I may:

• how about a separate style of Wound (and/or Unconscious) tokens for use on models with STR rather than W attribute?

I keep running into that problem with the increased number of models who aren't obviously mechanical (like REMs or TAGs) yest have STR instead of W, like those heavily cybered Diablos. And seeing a Wound token beside them, I sometimes use a Doctor / Paramedic to bring them back. If my opponent catches me on that, great, but if he doesn't remember the difference in the heat of the moemnt, well, it becomes somewhat embarassing...

ChrisCenobite likes this.
  13. Papa Bey

Belatedly.

I have some tokens which I double sided. Impetuous one one side, Irregular without the group number on the other.

The irregular is used for Tactical Awareness and Master Breacher, and the like. So I only convert the numbered orders. :)

ChrisCenobite likes this.
  14. Papa Bey

Next you'll want "unconscious level 2" markers. :)

15. Errhile

Can I? ;)

So far I'm just using two Unconscious tokens there :P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation