1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspiring Leadership

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Hsien, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hi all!

There where a lot of threads on forum, bu don't find clear answer for this case?
    We have a question abbout that rule Inspiring Leadership

Requirements
    What does it mean - Lieutenant of the Army List?
    Unit was selected as lieutenant during roster-builder?
    Or this unit must be my Lt. during a game - for example, during Lol make that unit my new Lt?

If we pick that option - Unit was selected as lieutenant during roster-builder
    Then it doesn't metter if we had Isolated state on it, because we still get that requirement:
    Unit was selected as lieutenant during roster-builder

If we're looking at the point, the unit must be active Lt on the table during the game, so how shall we read that - Lieutenant of the Army List
    Example - in my army list, my Lt. 3rd Grey but i've got in my list Wallace too. Grey kia, i'm picking Wallace as LT for rest of my game, will it trigger that rule or not?

@Koni and @HellLois can you help me?

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

the user must be the Lieutenant of the Army List

What does this means? That the model needs to be the "original" Lieutenant. (The Army List is what you start from when you play)
    It may be worded better? Absolutely...

For the Isolated part, as the rules are written you are right. If the Insp_Lt get isolated, you don't lose the effects until the start of the next active round.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

The OP suggestion I believe is that you don't lose the effects at all.

- I go first, turn 1 I run Joan into a Jammer and she becomes Isolated. Inspiring Leadership still applies.

- Turn 2, I go into Loss of Lieutenant. Joan is arguably no longer my Lt, but she's still "the Lt of my Army List" and she isn't in a null state so Inspiring Leadership still applies (possibly turning all my units, which are Irregular because of LoL, back to Regular!)

- Turn 3, I have a new Lt but Joan is nonetheless still "the Lt of my Army List" so as long as she's still not in a null state, Inspiring Leadership still applies.

Diphoration likes this.
  4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Hm... Lieutentant doesn't have any cancellation conditions....

But Inspring Leadership does the following:

All Troopers in the Army List that provide Orders are considered to:
    • Possess the Regular Training Characteristic.

Which would behave identical to generic Regular Troopers and should be overwritten by LoL's effects:

Effects
    • While an army is in a Loss of Lieutenant situation, all Troopers in its Army List are Irregular.

So even if an Inspring Leadership Lt is still technically the Lt during Isolation and reulting LOL, that doesn't seem to prevent all Troopers from turning Irregular.
    IL modifies Army List, LoL applies dynamically "after" considering army list during the game. If that wasn't the case LoL wouldn't work on Regular Troopers either, which also "posess the Regular Training Characteristic" and aren't any different from naturally Irregular Troopers in the army list.

QueensGambit likes this.
  5. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

That makes sense, yeah. So the question then would be about Turn 3. I've appointed a new Lt, I'm no longer in LoL and Joan is no longer my in-game Lt, but is she still "the Lt of the Army List"? If so, then as long as she's not in a Null state, my Warcor and Beasthunter are Regular again on Turn 3.

(To me it seems like a pretty strong argument that "the Lt of the Army List" is poorly written and just intended to mean "the Lt," as it seems unlikely the Inspiring Leadership is supposed to work when the user is no longer the Lt.)

6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

In Spanish is no doubt. Must be the Lt. of the Army and be in the game table in a non null state. No reference to the Army List

Diphoration and QueensGambit like this.
  7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

RAW the Lt Skill is never really cancelled.
    But we have the FAQ shedding a bit of light how it's supposed to be handled:
    upload_2022-8-22_16-18-45.png
    Funny enough RAW an Isolated Lt still actually generates Lt Orders. Only lack of deployment or being in a Null State prevents the Lt Order from being generated. Neither is true for an Isolated Lt, see below.
    upload_2022-8-22_16-21-17.png
    Which means, even with the FAQ taken into account. Isolated Lts still generate their Lt Orders, which won't prevent LoL from triggering but hey 1-2 extra Orders to use to Reset the Lt out of ISO or as Regular Orders for NCOs.

upload_2022-8-22_16-27-14.png

Since Lt Orders are not part of the Order Pool, Isolation also doesn't prevent the Lt Order from being generated or used.

Going by this an Isolated Lt is still very much the Lt. With all the side effects (+1 Lt Order Skill or Inspiring Leadership for army wide Courage) active.
    Only the cancellation condition for LoL could be reasonably argued to remove Lt status from any previous Lt. However as mentioned there's no cancellation condition for the Lt Skill nor anything in it that limits the Lt Skill to only be present on one trooper during the game.
    The only such limitation is applied to the army list:
    upload_2022-8-22_16-32-29.png

To parse this as directly as possible from what the rules say, since there aren't really any problems with going strict RAW...
    There can be multiple Lts on the table at the same time. Either by recovering one from a Null State through Medkit/Doctor/Engineer/Gizmokit or removing Isolation.
    You don't really get additional Lt Orders out of it unless you have multiple available Lts with +1 Lt Order Skills/Inspiring Leadership.
    But what you'd definitely get as a result is 2 active Lts that would both have to be put in Null or Isolated again before LoL could be triggered again.

upload_2022-8-22_16-37-35.png
    To follow this path a little further, CoC also never talks about removing the Lt Skill from the previous Lt.

So RAW seems to work out.
    And while I think this is unintentional, I don't see any issues with the RAW.

Summary:
    1. Isolated Lts continue to generate the Lt Order, even in LoL.
    2. Lt Skill is never removed, RAW it seems to be possible to have multiple active Lts through revival/removal of Isolation.
    2.1 There's still only one Lt Order generated, but there could be multiple Lt Skill related upgrade Skills like +1 Lt Order or Inspiring Leadership active at the same time.

LaughinGod likes this.
  8. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Soo, we have 2 points of view)
    We need final mark from CB-team)

9. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

No. The English rules text is wrong because CB messed up the wording.
    Because it didn’t magically change overnight from N3 for no reason.

Robock likes this.
  10. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

@ijw can you make your final word in this topic?

11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So if we have Joan Lt getting isolated and there is a CoC on table (lets say KotHS), this would result in KotHS being LT BUT Inspiring Leadership being still active because it was not nullified by Isolation?

12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

No, because is no longer Lt.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation